Automobilista

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 268 comments
Thanks, that looks a lot like my current shopping list, so of which will wait for sales as well.

AC with CM, CSP and Sol I’m really looking forward to, my spec is an I7 9750, 1660ti and 16gb of Ram, so should be pretty good for most stuff.

I have to be honest the DLC price for AMR2 puts me off as well, given it’s based on PC2 content the price is absurd. I like the idea of Mods on AMR and it being a complete package, so that’s what I’m going for first.

Now I just need the bloody thing to arrive.

That is a nice laptop should be able to push close to 1800Mhz with the 1660ti. Beware BeamNG I have it, good fun but wow it gives my i5-8400 a workout, which is similar to the 9750. Would definitely recommend running MSI Afterburner to monitor performance and core temps, I do for all sims.

That is a nice laptop should be able to push close to 1800Mhz with the 1660ti. Beware BeamNG I have it, good fun but wow it gives my i5-8400 a workout, which is similar to the 9750. Would definitely recommend running MSI Afterburner to monitor performance and core temps, I do for all sims.
I was planning to run Afterburner, with BeamNG I don’t really mind how bad it looks, I just want the deformation fun.

Oh boy, Scaff is joining the PC party. Beware AC with all its mods will suck up all your time like a blackhole :lol:

I second getting AMS1 first over AMS2. It's a tried & tested greatest hits collection of what makes all ISImotor sims great. AMS2 has potential but so far from what I've seen it's very much still a work in progress. Also according to Niels Heusinkveld (the physics guy for AMS1, but not involved in AMS2) the physics/FFB still has some quirks to iron out and not as intuitive feeling as AMS1.

I don't want to turn this into a request thread, but in addition to those already mentioned I would love to read your reviews on the following games, if and when you get the chance to buy/track them down (some are pretty old):
-Live For Speed
-Richard Burns Rally
-EA F1 Challenge 99-02
-Grand Prix Legends
-GT Legends
-Race07/GTR Evo
-Netkar Pro
-Viper Racing

Oh boy, Scaff is joining the PC party. Beware AC with all its mods will suck up all your time like a blackhole :lol:

I second getting AMS1 first over AMS2. It's a tried & tested greatest hits collection of what makes all ISImotor sims great. AMS2 has potential but so far from what I've seen it's very much still a work in progress. Also according to Niels Heusinkveld (the physics guy for AMS1, but not involved in AMS2) the physics/FFB still has some quirks to iron out and not as intuitive feeling as AMS1.

I don't want to turn this into a request thread, but in addition to those already mentioned I would love to read your reviews on the following games, if and when you get the chance to buy/track them down (some are pretty old):
-Live For Speed
-Richard Burns Rally
-EA F1 Challenge 99-02
-Grand Prix Legends
-GT Legends
-Race07/GTR Evo
-Netkar Pro
-Viper Racing
AC has already done that in a big way, it’s opened up a whole new world.

AC has already done that in a big way, it’s opened up a whole new world.
Have you checked out the AC PC Mods thread on here? Just 1700+ pages to browse through. :lol:
Someone should make a "best of" thread from that thread.

Tomorrows AMS2 Update note:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...3bQN2q65cQXGRgxyr-ogSm847YiWOcQT0sinG4VTwbqko

PREMIUM GT3 & GT4 CARS ARRIVE FOR AMS2

There is no doubt GT3 racing has grown to become one of the most popular in motorsports, be it real or simulated - and there are good reasons for it: a perfectly balanced power-to-weight ratio packaged with sublimely optimized 21st century aerodynamics and technology, wrapped under virtuoso designs produced by the most prestigious brands in the world make them both uniquely attractive, and despite their impressive performances incredibly accessible for drivers of varying skill levels.

Our goal for Automobilista 2 is to provide the most diverse sim racing buffet we can put together, and that would never be complete without these mighty machines. We are thus delighted to confirm our initial batch of GT3 & GT4 cars will finally come for Automobilista 2 in our upcomign update.

This release will be boosted by the addition of two major licensing agreements - we are very proud to announce two new licensing partnerships with Porsche and Mclaren Automotive, which will see a number of their cars added to the game in the next few releases, adding to the growing list of premium brands and models officially represented in Automobilista 2.

The recent licensing agreements with these prestigious motorsports icons have been a long time coming in what has been a difficult year for businesses all over the world - that only adds to our gratitude for getting these over the finish line.

The deals will see a long catalogue of very exciting cars making their way to Automobilista 2 in the coming months - the vast majority of which will be added to the game as free additional content.

The initial batch in the upcoming release should include the following models:

GT3:
  • 2015 Mercedes AMG GT3
  • 2016 Porsche 911 GT3-R
  • 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3
  • 2019 BMW M6 GT3
008-jpg.10226

GT4
:
  • 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • 2017 Camaro GT4-R
  • 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4
006-jpg.10294

This release will also feature the Porsche Carrera Cup cars as raced in the Brazilian series in 2020.
004-jpg.10233

ENTER THE GREEN HELL
011-jpg.10229

Another major milestone in our upcoming update is the release of the most challenging race track in the World - the Nurburgring , featuring both the modern GP layout as well as the infamous Nordschleife, both developed with the aid of laser scan data.

The track will be available as a standalone DLC, and also as part of both Season Pass and Premium Track Pack.

This initial release will not however be the extensions of our plans for the "Green Hell" - we will continue to develop new layouts of the track including a Historical version, with a release targetted at some point next year, as a free addition to this DLC package.

CORE GAME DEVELOPMENT

The new content is obviously great additions to the AMS2, and we hope they will be a popular boost to the game, but these also call for the game to evolve with it - to that end, we have continued to hard both in developing new features to the core game, as well as fixing issues with existing functionalities and content. Here are some of the highlights to feature in the upcoming release:

Livery custmization will now be possible and template for all models release with the next update, so users will be able to paint their own liveries to replace (but not yet add to) the original ones without needing to fudge with external tools.

We have a substantial Force Feedback upgrade, providing enhanced feedback during braking, enhanced road feel, improved scrub effect, effectively eliminating the FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars, and generally adding a more distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback
001-jpg.10230

Physics revisions
of the engine at large as well as specific car models continue to take place, with fuel and tyre wear specially expected to have a full pass in time for release.

We are also continuing our intense AI development program, further cleaning up some poor behavior and doing further performance callibration passes which should see a more consistent and reliable racing jumping from class to class.
010-jpg.10228

Further work on 3D Animations is also ongoing, on the car front with more cars receiving the complete damage model with deformable mesh, flapping & detachable parts, dirt & scratch maps, and tracks beginning to get a bit more life with helicopters, drones and other objects
009-jpg.10227

On the Audio front, and have added a capable extra set of hands to the team to help us get the best of the FMOD engine - that should earn valuable improvements on the longer run, with some already be noticeable on the upcoming new cars.

Championship mode has also received some updates, with further support for official Stock Car rules and the addition of a few new championships due for this update and the next.

PRICING RETAINED
005-jpg.10234

Despite the growing list of premium licensed content to be added to the base game over the coming weeks and months and the game itself distinctively maturing into a very competitive package, we have elected to further postpone our planned price bump and stick with the current pricing for the time being, with the goal of boosting the influx of new players and stimulating the growth the active community around it. With seasonal Steam sales incoming you may expect some good deals also for DLC packs.

That covers it for this month and hopefully also makes up for the last one - we look forward to sharing the latest results of our work with you all this weekend!

I tried it and it's awesome. Good graphics and great handling but what surprised me the most is "phone" guy telling me where other cars are and what line should I hold. It's so good for racing with AI and I didn't know I need until I saw it :D What other games have it?

I tried it and it's awesome. Good graphics and great handling but what surprised me the most is "phone" guy telling me where other cars are and what line should I hold. It's so good for racing with AI and I didn't know I need until I saw it :D What other games have it?
The Crew Chief app works with a good range of titles and does this (and more)

http://thecrewchief.org/

Thanks for the tip!

If I like AMS a lot and I think it's the newest ISImotor game I have will I enjoy rFactor 1 and 2? I always heard about both and bought everything but them and currently I am not sure how much I need it.

Thanks for the tip!

If I like AMS a lot and I think it's the newest ISImotor game I have will I enjoy rFactor 1 and 2? I always heard about both and bought everything but them and currently I am not sure how much I need it.
RFactor 2 is a great title, not sure you would need the original, but Rf2 has a lot of solid content and despite a fairly annoying UI and doesn't look amazing. It does however have an excellent physics engine and FFB.

RFactor 2 is a great title, not sure you would need the original, but Rf2 has a lot of solid content and despite a fairly annoying UI and doesn't look amazing. It does however have an excellent physics engine and FFB.
I have GT Legends a GTR2 from older titles and they are still great and rFactor 1 is probably too similar? rFactor 2 sounds better like you wrote. I like good handling only because I play on a gamepad and it's usually without vibration. First good vibrations are in PC3 but I don't like the handling at all. Funny thing is I don't care about car licenses (and I didn't know it). I just need some car and some track. Licensed tracks are better because I can use them in other games too. Graphics could be pretty ugly I don't care :D My older games are from 2004 and they are still very nice so I rather can't imagine bad graphics. It's about good handling to me.

I have GT Legends a GTR2 from older titles and they are still great and rFactor 1 is probably too similar? rFactor 2 sounds better like you wrote. I like good handling only because I play on a gamepad and it's usually without vibration. First good vibrations are in PC3 but I don't like the handling at all. Funny thing is I don't care about car licenses (and I didn't know it). I just need some car and some track. Licensed tracks are better because I can use them in other games too. Graphics could be pretty ugly I don't care :D My older games are from 2004 and they are still very nice so I rather can't imagine bad graphics. It's about good handling to me.
In which case RF2 is a good option, take a look at Raceroom and Live for Speed also, as you can try both for free.

AMS 1 imo is the most updated and advanced Gmotor Game. Its just insane good what Reiza was able to put in with updates of FBB and physics code calculations, features + great tire model and dynamic track grip + some rF2 stuff and its moddable too...

They also fixed the AA issues that ISI engines had and they included sweetFX shader with profiles and options to customize the look + dynamic custom Hud system...

I wished they would have done AMS2 the Kunos way... New up to date graphics and own physics engine...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that none of the great features and updates + tons of content like the rare british tracks where part of the Indigogo Croudfunding campaign... They even gave backer way more then what we pledged for, for free in AMS1 and AMS2 and also in rF2... Its just mindlowing lol Renato just said a while back thye did it because they are overly thankfull for every person that gave them there money in advanced and trusted them... Such a bunch of nice people... How can you not love the Reiza devs...

But i think they did themselfes not a favor with the "Full SMS engine, bugs, limitations and weirdness package" just a insane amount of work trying to fix it in every aspect ^^

Last edited:
The input from the gamepad is very precise and it's very pleasant to control. Is it possible it's because of 500 hz input rate? I am not sure how good other games are because only physics rate are very known for every game.

GTL and GTR2 are both using the ISImotor engine, which powers the original rFactor. They are both excellent games in their own right because they are focused on an extremely specific discipline of racing and you don't have to worry about installing mods. Race07/GTR Evo are another ISImotor derivative that you might be interested in (but the physics are watered down a bit in my opinion).

AMS is like rFactor Greatest Hits edition, and there are a lot of rF1 mods that have been converted to it, so getting rF1 is redundant at this point.

rF2 I have not personally tried, but I've heard good things about physics and FFB. It has a pretty rocky development throughout the years, and because it's harder to mod it has never reached the popularity of its predecessor.

AMS2 is the next development of AMS, but using PCARS engine. I haven't tried it myself either, but I heard it's much better than the game it is based on.

I agree with Scaff, you should also give RRRE and LFS a try. Assetto Corsa & AC Competizione is next but those are more visually heavy. There are lots of sims out there and it can get pretty confusing at first, just stick with a few and get used to it. Then when you get bored try another. Remember you can only play one game at a time anyway :D

Hope that helps :)

GTL and GTR2 are both using the ISImotor engine, which powers the original rFactor. They are both excellent games in their own right because they are focused on an extremely specific discipline of racing and you don't have to worry about installing mods. Race07/GTR Evo are another ISImotor derivative that you might be interested in (but the physics are watered down a bit in my opinion).

AMS is like rFactor Greatest Hits edition, and there are a lot of rF1 mods that have been converted to it, so getting rF1 is redundant at this point.

rF2 I have not personally tried, but I've heard good things about physics and FFB. It has a pretty rocky development throughout the years, and because it's harder to mod it has never reached the popularity of its predecessor.

AMS2 is the next development of AMS, but using PCARS engine. I haven't tried it myself either, but I heard it's much better than the game it is based on.

I agree with Scaff, you should also give RRRE and LFS a try. Assetto Corsa & AC Competizione is next but those are more visually heavy. There are lots of sims out there and it can get pretty confusing at first, just stick with a few and get used to it. Then when you get bored try another. Remember you can only play one game at a time anyway :D

Hope that helps :)
Thanks! I rather bought everything :D It's always better to try it because opinions varies a lot in sim racing world.

I tried Race 07 with all DLC and it's very good. It's easier but you can feel a lot of simulation there. Very good for not so serious racing and the content is huge. Can recommend anybody.

OK, AMS is still my most played game because it's pretty good from many perspectives.

RF2 is on sale now so I gave a chance both games. Still not enough time to tested it properly but 2 looks very promising even I don't understand the DLC model.

I have AMS2 because it was mostly a reason I bought a PC. I am not sure about it. It feels like PC2 but still I like AMS1 much more. And my problem now is if I should a buy a season pass for $90. I don't like the game too much now but I like AMS1 so it's probably a good idea (supporting same studio). From SMS stuff I like PC1 the most even it's maybe not the best sim. I read many times it's an arcade :D Not sure, I like the handling very much.

AC and ACC bought and it's not even bad on consoles. I need some time to play both properly but both has great potential I guess.

RRRE and LFS still on my todo list.

So I tried everything and now it's time to play it :D

I tested AMS2 again to be sure if I need the season pass and physics looked very different from PC2 which is pretty good. I don't need second PC2. There is a change but base content is so huge from track perspective already.

LOL, I thought Reiza doesn't have licenses for cars until I found out the cars are real. Pretty good insight to different racing.

I tried drift for the first time but it doesn't work. It crashed after first lap. Is it normal? I read about it on Steam but no solution. I can do drifting anywhere else but I wanted to try everything.

AMS1 is still great game to me but it looks like it's not popular anymore. Or maybe it wasn't much popular before :D Great you tested it because I still really love driving there.

This series begins this Thursday!
Join us as the Mini Challenge, the Mitsubishi Lancer R, and the Mazda MX-5 go head-to-head-to-head in a battle for drivetrain layout supremacy over thirteen rounds!

We are planning a modest contribution to the following two charities at the conclusion of this championship. For each participant who finishes a race:
• We will donate $1 (USD) to Doctors Without Borders: https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
• We will donate $1 (USD) to Direct Relief: https://www.directrelief.org/
• Our maximum donation to each charity will be $500 (USD).

If you have further inquiries, or would like to participate, please message me directly. Thank you!

Hi all, hope you can help.

I have a strange issue with launching this game,
Potato Laptop specs
Intel i3 1005g1 1.2 base (3.4 boost) set to always on (performance mode)
uhd onboard graphics (4096mb shared)
20gb ram ddr4 3200
500gb samsung 980 ssd.

I can run assetto corsa @ 1080p 60fps low settings
Minimum requirements.
OS: Windows 7 Sp1 - 8 - 8.1 - 10.Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ.Memory: 2 GB RAM.Graphics: DirectX 10.1 (e.g. AMD Radeon HD 6450, Nvidia GeForce GT 460)DirectX: Version 11.Network: Broadband Internet connection.Storage: 15 GB available space.Sound Card: Integrated.

I can run raceroom @ 1080p 60fps low settings.
Minimum requirements.
CPU SPEED: Dual core at 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent.RAM: 4 GB.VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent.DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB.PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.OS: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10.

I can run Race 07 @ 1080p 60fps medium/high settings.
Minimum requirements
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home/Pro, Windows Vista* Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or 100% compatible. Memory: 512 MB Ram. Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with 128 MB memory. Sound: DirectX 9 compatible. Direct X Version: 9. Hard Drive: 2.5 GB free space.

This is someone playing PC3 with same specs

And this is someone playing f1 21 with same specs

However automobilista just doesn't launch saying my laptop is below minimum requirements, as you can see from the titles/videos I've included above this shouldn't be an issue.

Automobilista.
Minimum requirements.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10. Processor: 1,8 GHz or 100% compatible Cpu. Memory: 4 GB Ram. Graphics: DX9 Compatible with minumum 1GB Video Memory. DirectX: Version 9.0c. Storage: 25 GB available space.

Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem as people on reiza's official site have mentioned this.

I've followed & tried just about everything that all members have suggested but it just seems Ams is only seeing my base clock speed & not boosted like all the other games.

One guy over on race department even stated that he can run Ams2 (with slightly higher laptop specs than me) but is also unable to launch Ams1.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: sort of sorted.
So it's not actually my potato laptop, there must be something in the latest versions of Ams that causes this issue as I've reverted back to a previous beta build & the game now loads up. I'm going to check how far up I can push the beta builds as I've actually gone as far back as Steam will let me at the moment as a precaution.

Edit: fully sorted now, I can play the most upto date version.

Potato Power :)

Last edited:
Back