Automobilista

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 268 comments
I was being nice to Kaz, maybe I shouldn't be... Kaz needs to deliver for GT7....
I was the biggest GT supporter for years. GT Sport is a complete utter joke. Automoblista will be a good game if they can fix the problems with the madness engine.

The GT series is just running on its name and brand loyalty at this point. Though having said that, GTS managed to turn me from a mostly offline gamer to a regular online racer, so in that respect it succeeds at its core USP.

AMS is just a different niche to be honest. I don't know how easy it is to make it console compatible now that it's running Madness engine, but I assume there are licensing costs associated with Sony/MS, and also actual costs of getting the game on discs and shipped worldwide (unless they go digital only). I'm not sure they can recoup that in sales profit so I'd rather they focus on PC for now. Happy to be proven wrong though. More people need to appreciate hidden gems like these 👍

Automobilista deserves the success they have earned. AMS 2 is going to be a must have probably.

Damn, my heart stopped for a moment when i saw the nurburgring photo. :mad::lol:
AMS is the best sim, if you sick of all that standard racing cars from other racing games.
3 months left, cant wait! Its already on my steam wishlist:)
They deserve the succsess. <3

If Automobilista has taught me anything, it has helped me better appreciate Brazil's contributions to automobiles and motorsport. I think the average racing/driving fan may feel a bit disappointed about a mostly Brazilian bias. However, I think you really need to appreciate Automobilista on the grounds of education. This game even made me appreciate the Autodromo Yahuarcocha in Ecuador, which I think is a pretty fun track. "There are race tracks in Ecuador?" Now you know! I also did some reading on PUMA Automobiles of Brazil once after seeing the Puma Lumimari concept car(?) and the Puma P052 race car.

You can love or loathe Automobilista for any number of reasons. Hating it just because it doesn't follow many of the conventions and basics of most other racing games shouldn't be a reason to dislike Automobilista. Like, people would probably have a negative look at AMS because it doesn't have many of the top level cars and racing series from around the world and some of the world's greatest race tracks. This game still has a lot to offer that makes it amazing. So give AMS a chance if you're on the fence about getting it or not.

The final update is live.

• Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)

• Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series

I'm having a bug after the latest update where the Formula Classic sound has changed (it's like a rev limited lower pitched Formula V12 now instead of the old growl with BOV). I've already flagged it at the official forums but just checking if anyone has the same issue? Already checked file integrity and no luck. Oddly, if you go to the game files and listen to the F_Classic sound files they sound ok :boggled:

EDIT: Fixed in latest patch 👍

Last edited:
Had my first try of the beta this morning. It benefits from the madness engine which seems to have been made more efficient since the release of PC2 as it runs butter smooth on 1440p triples. Handling and FFB much improved over PC2. Looking forward to the full release.

I don't think my PC can run Project CARS 2, so I don't think I will be among those who will be playing the Automobilista 2 demo. The AMS2 video footage seems promising, though. I just hope I'd have a better impression of AMS2 vs. AMS1 than I did with rFactor 2 vs. rFactor 1.

I don't think my PC can run Project CARS 2, so I don't think I will be among those who will be playing the Automobilista 2 demo. The AMS2 video footage seems promising, though. I just hope I'd have a better impression of AMS2 vs. AMS1 than I did with rFactor 2 vs. rFactor 1.
What are your PC specs?

Some of my basic specifications:
* J1900 quad-core 1.99 GHz
* 4GB RAM (could be upgraded to 8 GB RAM)
* 64 VRAM display memory
* no HDR support

It's primarily a budget PC I got at a Walmart for about $300 USD.

Racedepartment thread is boiling over.

Renato himself has chimed in on EA refunds.
I’m really enjoying the beta and do not agree with many others claiming it’s Project Cars 2.5.

I do hope they change certain aspects of the hud as I think many opinions are placebo from seeing PC2 lap/split/sector/penalty boxes.

I think Reiza are doing a great job, just need to make Madness their own with subtle but noticeable changes.

I’m really enjoying the beta and do not agree with many others claiming it’s Project Cars 2.5.

I do hope they change certain aspects of the hud as I think many opinions are placebo from seeing PC2 lap/split/sector/penalty boxes.

I think Reiza are doing a great job, just need to make Madness their own with subtle but noticeable changes.
My general consensus is that sim racers are morons. They seam to be almost incapable of enjoying what's available and just spend time looking for things that isn't 1/1 with real life.

Well, when Automobilista 1 was out, some people basically looked at AMS as r.Factor [1] 2.0. It's like when some people say any game made of voxels is "Minecraft with ___" or "___ Minecraft." Some people will just make any comparison to anything. I even saw that first impressions video with someone saying AMS2 so far is a lot like Project CARS 2 but different.

Mind you I have not played any Project CARS game. All I know is that if Reiza Studios can work magic with Automobilista 1, they can make even more magic with Automobilista 2. So I'm hopeful about AMS2.

I did watch a video on YouTube where the guy was driving in wet condition & it very much looked like the aquaplaning physics are the same as PC2 atm.

The guy hit that puddle then hit the wall, lost control very quickly.

Granted I don't play PCARS, but from the videos I've seen AMS2 looks more related to AMS1 than PCARS in terms of art direction and style. I mean PCARS' HUD is pretty generic anyways and unless these people have short term memory loss, AMS1's HUD is literally lifted straight from rF1 as well. There's only so many ways you can display the same info on the screen and still keep it minimalist and readable at 200 mph.

Honestly, this is exactly why I feel having beta testers for a sim at a too early stage is actually counterproductive. Too many cooks spoil the broth. ACC had it right in my opinion. The game is already mature enough so all the baseline stuff is done, and it's more about polishing user end stuff.

Question time.

With my gaming laptop being built and due in the next week, which would be the better bet to go for AMR or AMR 2?

Give me the pro's and con's of both if you can.

Question time.

With my gaming laptop being built and due in the next week, which would be the better bet to go for AMR or AMR 2?

If I were in your shoes (regarding moving onto the PC platform) & enjoy driving games/sims, then I don't really see any con's, just pro's.

Get both :)

Edit, you get to try assetto corsa with all the new mods aswell now...

If I were in your shoes (regarding moving onto the PC platform) & enjoy driving games/sims, then I don't really see any con's, just pro's.

Get both :)

Edit, you get to try assetto corsa with all the new mods aswell now...
AC and BeamNG are my prime motivation, I just like the look of the content in AMS and AMS2.

Question time.

To start? Any Reiza product is great but the original Automobilista is better right now, and here's my opinion why.

There's no doubt AMS 2 has benefited greatly from the Madness engine with lighting, weather, and Livetrack 3.0. But there is currently less content available and (if they ever begin to arrive) no mods.

And this is personal, will probably self combust and start a fire...
We can talk about Reiza and how they've done amazing work within Madness addressing the tire model and ffb but to be honest it's not as good as the ISI motor, to me. (Disclaimer: I am an rFactor 2/ISI fan) Being as AMS 1 runs on the ISI motor, naturally it feels better to me.

But, you asked for pros and cons.

AMS 1

Pros:

The graphics are simple, clean, and produce high fps on a potato. Your CPU/GPU will run cool.
Super sampled 8x it looks very good.
Day/Night cycle
Mods!
Custom Championship (Yes AMS 2 has it but currently not customizable)
HUD (AMS customizable HUD is the cleanest, best looking HUD out of all the sims)
Cheapish, currently $24.99 USD on Steam

Mods! Like this must have
Screenshot (13).png

Or this absolute must have
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ltimate-trackpack-28-tracks-41-layouts.11779/

Cons:

AMS is not as pretty and "only" runs DX9, but I prefer that with some titles
Multiplayer is dead unless you join a league
No MP License system (None in AMS 2 yet, but Reiza say it's coming next year?)
No rain or weather
No native VR support (3rd party you can get it to run)
Game finished/Update cycle complete

AMS 2

Pros:

Livetrack 3.0
Day/Night cycle
Rain
DX11, Better graphics (lighting looks incredible)
VR support
Constantly being updated
Cheapish, currently $40 USD on Steam

Cons:

FFB does not feel as informative to me
It is well optimized but you need a higher end PC for Ultra
Low multiplayer numbers
Less content (updates or mod pending)

If I were starting on PC my sim collection would begin in this order.

rFactor 2
Assetto Corsa
WRC 9
Automobilista
Raceroom
Automobilista 2
GTR 2

ACC looks fantastic at night, I do not like the way it looks during the day.

To start? Any Reiza product is great but the original Automobilista is better right now, and here's my opinion why.

There's no doubt AMS 2 has benefited greatly from the Madness engine with lighting, weather, and Livetrack 3.0. But there is currently less content available and (if they ever begin to arrive) no mods.

And this is personal, will probably self combust and start a fire...
We can talk about Reiza and how they've done amazing work within Madness addressing the tire model and ffb but to be honest it's not as good as the ISI motor, to me. (Disclaimer: I am an rFactor 2/ISI fan) Being as AMS 1 runs on the ISI motor, naturally it feels better to me.

But, you asked for pros and cons.

AMS 1

Pros:

The graphics are simple, clean, and produce high fps on a potato. Your CPU/GPU will run cool.
Super sampled 8x it looks very good.
Day/Night cycle
Mods!
Custom Championship (Yes AMS 2 has it but currently not customizable)
HUD (AMS customizable HUD is the cleanest, best looking HUD out of all the sims)
Cheapish, currently $24.99 USD on Steam

Mods! Like this must have
View attachment 959472

Or this absolute must have
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ltimate-trackpack-28-tracks-41-layouts.11779/

Cons:

AMS is not as pretty and "only" runs DX9, but I prefer that with some titles
Multiplayer is dead unless you join a league
No MP License system (None in AMS 2 yet, but Reiza say it's coming next year?)
No rain or weather
No native VR support (3rd party you can get it to run)
Game finished/Update cycle complete

AMS 2

Pros:

Livetrack 3.0
Day/Night cycle
Rain
DX11, Better graphics (lighting looks incredible)
VR support
Constantly being updated
Cheapish, currently $40 USD on Steam

Cons:

FFB does not feel as informative to me
It is well optimized but you need a higher end PC for Ultra
Low multiplayer numbers
Less content (updates or mod pending)

If I were starting on PC my sim collection would begin in this order.

rFactor 2
Assetto Corsa
WRC 9
Automobilista
Raceroom
Automobilista 2
GTR 2

ACC looks fantastic at night, I do not like the way it looks during the day.
Thanks, that looks a lot like my current shopping list, so of which will wait for sales as well.

AC with CM, CSP and Sol I’m really looking forward to, my spec is an I7 9750, 1660ti and 16gb of Ram, so should be pretty good for most stuff.

I have to be honest the DLC price for AMR2 puts me off as well, given it’s based on PC2 content the price is absurd. I like the idea of Mods on AMR and it being a complete package, so that’s what I’m going for first.

Now I just need the bloody thing to arrive.

Back