Automotive Guilty Pleasures

• Thread starter Turtle
  • 1,407 comments
United States
Portland, Oregon
The title is pretty self-explanatory: We all like car or two (Or thirty) that we probably shouldn't, so show us what they are!
For bonus points, make sure to make other people feel as guilty as possible for liking the cars they do.

I'll start: Even though it's a deathtrap, I love the Corvair.
chevrolet-corvair-convertible-8.jpg

And I love the Panhard CD.
panhard-cdjpg_2c49f.jpg

I also like the Triumph TR7, even though it really isn't any good.
modelpicture.php

Perhaps even worse though, is that I really, really like the 280ZX.

79-83_Datsun_280ZX_front.jpg

Chrysler_012.jpg

> Daimler-Chrysler
> Plastic fantastic interior
> Worse resale value than a half-eaten sandwich
> Too big to compete with Explorers, too small for the Expedition crowd (not midsize, not quite fullsize)
> screw it, it's a big flashy SUV, it's great.

bmw-z8-10.jpg

These things were so odd, but I love the appearance of them.

Toyota-Previa.jpg

An ugly minivan, right? Wrong! A mid-engined, SUPERCHARGED ugly minivan.

pontiac_fiero_84.jpg

It was a great idea and a great design. I don't care how many caught fire or got turned into Ferraris.

Chrysler PT Cruiser:

image.jpg

They are most certainly not the most attractive cars on the road, but they aren't that bad either. I think they receive a lot of unwarranted hatred. At least they weren't like the Pontiac Aztek (I'm waiting to see if anyone here actually likes that car).

The PT Loser came out when I was 9, and I thought it was ugly back then, and I still do today.

Also, at least 1 was a taxi in Japan.

PTcruiser-resortcab.jpg

I once tuned 10 cars to 280 HP in Forza 4 and raced them down the mountain track to see what was fastest. The PT Cruiser was included, and it was the slowest by far, and was even slower than some of the 200 HP cars.

I do think the PT Cruiser looks better than the Chevy HHR, which was pretty much the same idea.

They're both heaps, but the PT Loser is less likely to kill you. Probably.

Back