Azuremen's photos - Spring and Summer vibes

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 456 comments
@daan - while the tripod is often with me for night shots, the silhouette was actually done handheld. I have no idea who that person is and fairly sure they have no idea I took the picture. :lol:

Pretty cool, Cody. Nice moment, interesting composition and perfect exposure.

Following the conversation on my thread, here's a perfect example of where to shoot manual. 👍

Pretty cool, Cody. Nice moment, interesting composition and perfect exposure.

Following the conversation on my thread, here's a perfect example of where to shoot manual. 👍

Thanks. The 55mm turns into a discrete telephoto when slapped on the EOS M - 55 x 1.6 = 88mm. The exposure was pretty gnarly because the light was entirely blue at this shot. And I mean entirely, as in desaturating the blue channel made it 99% achromatic :lol:

@TB Kind of surprised you didn't edit my post for me - I kind of came back to the computer, saw the notifications, and then slight panic when I remembered what was on the shirt :dunce:

@TB Kind of surprised you didn't edit my post for me - I kind of came back to the computer, saw the notifications, and then slight panic when I remembered what was on the shirt :dunce:
I looked at it on my phone which didn't show up large enough for me to even read it. :lol:

Nicely played with all those line.

I would have prefered to see just the bike (without the biker) but hey, sometimes you can't control those things. Nicely done. 👍

EDIT:
Wait, a Series E 50mm?? Haha, nice! Small and light, isn't it?
How's that working for you?

Last edited:
@35mm - What prompted me to snap the shot was the guy getting on the bike. I see all these lines on a near daily basis as this grocery store is under a minute away on foot.

As for the Series E 50mm, I was surprised at how small and light it is. Decently sharp and rather comical looking when I put it on the 5DmkII. A family friend had a Nikon EM with a few lenses (the 50mm, a 28mm F/2.8 Phase 2 MC, and a Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8 MC) that he let me borrow.

As a side note, everything is backwards with Nikon... wrong way to take a lens off, focus is the wrong way, etc :P

Back