[B-Spec] 2016 World Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 535 comments
Like this post if you think Scuderia Pergusa is the worst B-Spec team in the history ever. Of all time.

Silverstone Results

Z8b3bUU.png

GrWI3Vc.png

uZuj8WQ.png

0YutuBo.png

LRgzFOg.png

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

At least I got a good result out of the extra car.

10471559-Puzzled-man-at-computer-shrugs-shoulders-and-expresses-lack-of-knowledge-Stock-Photo.jpg

A Blessing and a Curse
Silverstone, UK - The Goodsmile team racked up yet another win today at the holy grounds of motorsport! The #45 car of Sverre Isachsen, Pedro Lamy, Faisal Mahmoud, and Satone Shichimiya powered their way up front and lapped the whole field, bar one car, to take victory. The result seemed bitter-sweet for the Japan-based team, as they lost more points to the Mexican Alitalia Cimarron outfit and Canadian EH Team Racing. The points scoring cars of the respective teams had a much better day, out placing the #43 and the #44.

"What an opportunity to be with the team" Faisal Mahmoud exclaimed while on the podium, "It is a blessing to be back racing with a competent team, and they do good job at training and strategy. They are the one of the best in the industry."

This also marked the first victory for gamer turned racer Shichimiya, who was able to maintain the huge gap that the experienced drivers had produced.

"Wow!!! I've gone so far in so little time! I hope I get to race one of those really weird and cool looking spaceship cars one day! I hope Porsche Sport-senpai notices me!!"

The rest of the team had a ton of work to do in terms of the championship. The team suffers from a 44 point deficit after a merely okay result from the rest of the cars.

"It's not enough." A disappointed Suzuka Tsuchigami proclaimed after getting out of the car from her final stint. "We could have totally taken the top spots, but our pit strategy suffered and we also ran into a problem with the right rear tire going down with around 3 hours to go. I tried to pick up the pace on the last stint, but it didn't work out the way we wanted it to in the end. I'm so proud of Miku though! She's doing really well!"

Kyle Busch in the 43 car had stronger words.

"The car is ****ing horse****!!! I can't believe that we had the go ahead with this joke of a setup! We had those damn Porsches pass us! We're just suffering in speed, it's ridiculous!!!"

Tatsuya Kataoka had more rational words to share after his stint.

"I think the team here is expecting the car to break down at any moment, so we took it way too easy in the beginning. It totally hurt us, however, and we suffered the consequences. There was a huge gap that we could not make up, and we ended up not scoring points. At this point, I'm proud of the team if we're able to secure 3rd place in the team standings, but we will see."

Last edited:
After years of trying to chase my dreams, and those of my friends, I can only say one thing.

Our dreams die here.

Our sponsors have literally thrown every single financial incentive they can, our tech suppliers send over every last staff member and the very best parts batches they can give us. Several of our drivers come from some of the most prestigious series in the world.

But I was way in over my head thinking we could take on all of these factory teams; we simply don't have the ability to compete at the level of competition presented on the world stage. Nobody gets rewarded just for effort in the real world; you have to have the results as well, and we don't have results, just dreams.

To all of my friends and colleagues at Scuderia Pergusa, I'm sorry. Even if we win Le Mans, this will be our last season together. It's not worth putting all of you through all of this suffering for my selfish desires.

Last edited:
After years of trying to chase my dreams, and those of my friends, I can only say one thing.

Our dreams die here.

Our sponsors have literally thrown every single financial incentive they can, our tech suppliers send over every last staff member and the very best parts batches they can give us. Several of our drivers come from some of the most prestigious series in the world.

But I was way in over my head thinking we could take on all of these factory teams; we simply don't have the ability to compete at the level of competition presented on the world stage. Nobody gets rewarded just for effort in the real world; you have to have the results as well, and we don't have results, just dreams.

To all of my friends and colleagues at Scuderia Pergusa, I'm sorry. Even if we win Le Mans, this will be our last season together. It's not worth putting all of you through all of this suffering for my selfish desires.
One, I'll believe it when that happens. Two, this is why I don't use sponsors. Three, losing sucks but (and I know that this coming from me is worse than the pot calling the kettle black) while it is frustrating to not make progress would you prefer to sit in the stands uninvolved? I can't, I always want to get involved so even when I turn turtle, I keep at it because I can't stand to watch it while I'm idle.

Today all about #17 Team

Porsche Sport Pezzarinho recorded their best result in the Tag Heuer World Sportscar series to date, following a 1-2-4 finish at Silverstone. The #17 has had a torried reliability record this year, but ended the run of retirements in style taking the victory in the teams home race. The championship ineligible #18 finished 27.686 seconds behind in second place, whilst the championship leading #16 came home in 4th place.

The result leaves the #16 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho needing just 5 points from the remaining 2 races to become champion, with the team now second by only a single point behind McGill Racing. Perry Brown however was keen to praise the race winners on this occasion.

"After their season, I cannot praise the spirits of Brendon (Hartley), Marc (Lieb), and Earl (Bamber) enough. They have not let anything get to them and continued to deliver their finest possible performances. I hope that tasting victory in front of the home support is just rewards for their efforts. Today is all about them."

Talking about their championship positions, Perry Brown was certainly more upbeat than after the Bahrain event. "I was in a lot of pain following the last race. The competition in this series is fierce, so you need to capitalise when in a position to do so. Constant retirements have gifted points to our main rivals however, which has not been reciprocated in those events where we have struggled.

"There are not that many races in this championship, but we will certainly look back at these last 2 races as the pivotal moments in the championship battle. Taking an unexpected victory in Bahrain kept the hope alive, before this stunning result put the championships well within our grasp. The #16 has a hand on the trophy for sure, but we can't take that for granted now. It would be ideal to secure the individual championship in Spa, and then we will see where we are for Le Mans itself."

The 6 hours of Spa-Francorchamps takes place Sunday 13th March, before preparations begin for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in April.

Despite however hopeless I feel, I will be sending setups from this point on. At this rate, 🤬 it. We're out of it anyhow so we literally have nothing to lose.

Can I just say it's getting old trying to figure out where I need to make setup changes with so little data on hand? Knowing my max speed was actually very nifty.

Top speed will be posted again. Im always looking for ways to speed up the process and its in the transition stage so there will be some hiccups.

^ Ditto!

Any update on why my #17 and one of @Jahgee's cars did not set a time? I mean I know the #17 has had horrendous reliability all season, but not in practice / qualifying sessions now as well!...

Bug in pitlane made them crash. Wont be an issue in the race

Spa Qualifying Results
czF7z3Q.png

ieA9hqI.png
Trap Speed

P
315 - GREENBEAST Motorsports
312 - TRB Motorsports
309 - Toyota Team America
307 - HRSC
305 - Porsche Sport Pezzarinho
304 - Allstar Racing
304 - Team Jahgee
298 - Starion Motorsports
294 - McGill Racing

GT
278 - Alitalia Cimarron Racing
278 - Corvette Racing
277 - EH Team Racing
276 - Ravenwest Aston Martin
276 - AMR Team Goodsmile
276 - Frizteam Racing
276 - Swift Autosport
275 - Parilla Racing Corse
274 - Scuderia Pergusa

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
🤬 dammit, forgot to send in a setup. Making one now for the race.

Well damnit. What the hell am I supposed to do to this car?!

Rena Hirose, #76 driver: "We can do this! Our championship run is over but we haven't been shot down for Le Mans contention yet! Hayami-san and Akikawa-san will show you why."

Amber Sebringson, #77 driver: "...it's on now."

Lumi Ahokainen, #78 driver: "It's not about the championship. This is a battle for pride. We've been humiliated five times in a row. Now WE get to humiliate YOU. Alitalia, Goodsmile AMR, EH Team... you :censored:ers are long overdue, and I am your debt collector."

Damn, forgot to submit a setup. I'll get one in for the race. (Thanks for addinf the top speeds earth, that helps alot)

As much as I want to sound like broken record, it'll prove just as meaningless so at least I tried something.

Stefano di Fiorano, team director: "Well-played by the GSR crew, they were dominant all week long. We had a weekend of unfortunate failures, but massive gains. Our shot at the Driver's Championship may be over, but rest assured, if this weekend was any indicator, we won't go down without a fight."

Rena Hirose: "I knew Spa-Francorchamps was a brutal circuit on the cars, but I wasn't expecting to get taken out so early. Something just broke. I'm glad the 77 made it onto the podium though, they've waited way too long for this moment!"

Amber Sebringson: "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment. I thought we were never going to see the podium ever again after all we've been through this season. Literally sobbing in joy right now! Thank you, everyone..."
Jack Acid: "Seeing Amber smile for 🤬 once in her life is kind of nice to see. We've been screwed over far too many times... it almost looked like it was going to become routine. Beating all those :censored:ers at Ravenwest only proves how much this little squad can do. Bring on Le Mans, cause we're taking ALL comers!"
Emma Pergusa: "We've been put through hell so many times, I was wondering if we all living in a nightmare together. Our little crew did a great job snapping us out of that drought today, I can't thank them enough. At all."

Yayoi Takatsuki: "Jeez, Spa is such a scary circuit! The climb up Eau Rouge just kept scaring me again and again! Felt like my heart was gonna drop! Had a lot of fun though, and seeing the 77 crew on the podium was really great!!!"
Ayu Tsukimiya: "Who is cheering the #44 on in the Driver's Championship!? Me!!! #FightGSR"
Lumi Ahokainen: "Maybe Amber should be the one throwing down challenges. I'm nowhere near as good as she is, hahaha."

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, 11 pm local time

(phone ringing)
"Hello? Yes, this is Amber Sebringson."
"THE 🤬 DOES MY SISTER JADE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS, YOU 🤬!? IS YOUR ONLY 🤬 PURPOSE IN YOUR 🤬 PATHETIC LIFE TO DRAG ME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT YOU 🤬 DO!?"
"There are such things as JUST 🤬 RACING INCIDENTS, 🤬! We're only human, we 🤬 up every now and again! You could never accept us for who we are; you're the kind of absolutely :censored:ed sicko who took it as far as manipulating your own sister's life and career choices in a :censored:ing attempt to get your 🤬 team to win a World GP championship. And yet you have the 🤬 nerve to label ME a 🤬 murderer!?"
"So 🤬 what if you think Scuderia Pergusa are a 🤬 flailing backmarker team!? Look at where we are. We're a crew of no more than fifteen or so engineers and mechanics. Frank literally 🤬 pulls mother:censored: sixteen-hour shifts every other damn day, and even the airhead fighter pilot has gotten her hands dirty with mechanic work! And you want to belittle us for it!? FOR THE LAST TIME, GET THE 🤬 OUT OF MY 🤬 LIFE."
(hangs up)

'Ugh... Today was a good day, too... she had to come back and try to force me into being the someone I'm not...'
:nervous: :(

"...ha-ha! Did you see the move Amber made on the 28 car, Frank!? She may be a damned crybaby, but man, she's braver than nearly all of the drivers I've-- holy 🤬. Uh, Amber? You look more shattered than a broken window."

"...just someone trying to remind me of my past."

"Yeah, well, a lot of drivers in your situation would have hung the helmet after going through something like that. That 🤬 doesn't get it, never will. Now let's go celebrate our team's return to the podium some more, eh? Emma's been worried sick since you went quiet a few hours ago."

Last edited:
Radio Le Mans: "We are met here with a budding talent here in sports car racing, the absolute triumph and come back of the Goodsmile Aston Martin team! They were struggling to gain points last round, now as a team, they are 2nd in points, and as a single car, they are also just right behind first! Hatsune, please, celebrate, then tell us your experience, it must have been absolutely electric and intense!"

Miku Hatsune, #44 Driver: "OH MY GOODNESS! I still can't believe it! I feel super dizzy now, give me a moment...

Erm, hahaha, uhm, oh my goodness... first of all, I'd love to thank everyone in the development program for making this possible! I can't believe how far we have gotten from Daytona! Back in November, I couldn't even get the car to exit the pits without spinning! Now today, they assigned me for the final stint, and I can't even believe it for myself that we actually won! The car was such a monster today, I think it was super obvi that we would be running towards the front, but never I would have thought I would win a race! And with that we actually can win the championship as both a single car and as a team! Oh my!!! *becomes light headed and dizzy, Yui Narumi and Tom Rockford sharing the podium do their best to make sure she doesn't get hurt*

RLM: "As you see, emotions are definitely running high here, this podium is just electric with joy, tears, and glee! We'll make our way towards the team director and owner, Ukyo Katayama. Katayama, you completely dominated Spa today, how does it feel to be back on top and a chance at a team title coming into Le Mans?

Ukyo Katayama: "I was not lying when I said we had a team that was capable of a championship. Through the ups and downs of this team, we have proven that we deserve to take the title. We have the best drivers, the ripest talent, the most potent machines! And our junior team is having a chance at the driver's championship, which is a feat in itself! We will be hard at work coming into France. Even if we falter, everyone will know that we went down swinging, but I don't think the people won't need to know that, because we are on an absolute high!!"

RLM: "Now I think it's time for the champagne, enjoy your party tonight, gals! You'll have to get ready for Le Mans!"

Ukyo Katayama: "Oh, and one more thing! We struck a deal with STARtec just last night! We have a special guest for the girls in France! I'm sure the special guest will propel us even further towards our championship run! ;)"

Back