[B-Spec] 2016 World Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 535 comments
View attachment 525752
View attachment 525749

Crashed without completing a lap..... wht. the. crap.
Did you borrow Angel's stuff from Surfers?

*As I'm being pried out of the car*
...No, get the big one. Either that or get a winch.

9th. A thing. Better than the 86 and 87 though. Sounds like the 86 lost a rod while the 87 tried blowing the heads off itself. Still work to be done, still a chance to give the champs one poke in the eye.

Entering a 3rd car for the first time this season, Allstar racing returned to the podium for the first time since the season opener at Daytona. The #27 car of Robin Frijns, Petter Solberg and James Hinchcliffe took a hard fought 3rd place, narrowly holding off the #18 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho car.

Robin Frijns (#27): "Wow, what a race! Can't believe we're up here on the podium in our first race of the season. Props to the team, we weren't quite there on pace but they still found a way to get us up front. This is the perfect way to lead into the LeMans 24 hours!"

It was contrasting fortunes for the two full season crews, with the #25 coming home 6th and the #26 crashing early on.

Nick Tandy (#25): "Not the result we were looking for, as a team we just didn't have the pace of the Audi's or the Porsche's. Still disappointing for us though as the #27 is up there on the podium, so there was definitely more in the car. We'll look at the data and hopefully come back stronger at LeMans. We had pole at Daytona, and they've got similar characteristics. Hopefully that helps us get back up the front.

Noriko Minoru (#26): "... Not sure what to say about that. Not what we needed, the guys are going to have to work hard to build a new chassis for the test. I just... yeah, I don't know what to say. 4 retirements from 7 races, you can't win a championship like that.

Porsche Sport Pezzarinho Claim Championship at Spa

Second place for the #16 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho entry was enough to secure the individual WSC championship with 1 race to go. Team Jahgee had looked dominant all weekend and recorded their first class win with the #11 entry, promoting it to second in the championship standings.

The result also hands the teams championship lead to Porsche Sport Pezzarinho after a disappointing weekend for McGill Racing. They hold a slender 15 point lead heading into the season finale at Le Mans, with a maximum of 50 points available.

"We are delighted to have wrapped the individual title up here given the uncertainty that has come to be expected from the Le Mans 24 hours. The team have been superb all season and this is just reward for that effort. BIG party tonight!

"Unfortunately our #17 car has rediscovered the reliability concerns fresh for the seasons toughest race, suffering 2 problems this weekend alone. It might just be the only car to win the only race it finishes... We are looking forward to burning that chassis and starting again!"

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, noon local time.

Team is finishing packing up and heading to Le Mans, but I've got other ideas...

Been feeling stressed out after that phone call with the team manager of my former team. At least we've finally gotten another podium finish in the season, but considering our place in the standings, we're targeting a Le Mans win as our real goal.

Emma's given me the personal OK to take a vacation over in Japan. I'm meeting up with a friendly associate of my dad, Meiko Taniguchi, a former World GP driver. She runs a GT500 team in Super GT, but her team does not field the usual works-built Japanese racers - the team has had a history of running a wide variety of GT1 machines, but she's always been partial to the Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT.

Meiko has been tight on budget this season so she's only running a one-off entry at Autopolis. After being so used to the speeds of the LMGT cars, it'll be nice to jump into something truly fast. Maybe I can prod Emma into getting into GT500 next year. Even if I won't be able to drive at the event though, I'll be honest. I do need a bit of a break from these long Endurance races. Especially with a season like this, having the pressure of doing well against well-established works teams is something that can crush newcomers to the pro global racing scene.

#KeepTheDreamAlive, Emma!

Some things that happened during the race

#34 crash - 5:58:50
#26 crash - 4:59:30
#18 pit lane incident - 4:22:50
#45 crash - 4:07:30

Le Mans Test Day 1 Results

naibhFk.png

rYf92Cf.png

Trap Speed

P
346 - McGill Racing
340 - TRB Motorsport
335 - Toyota Team America
333 - GREENBEAST Motorsports
325 - HRSC
322 - Porsche Sport Pezzarinho
319 - Allstar Racing
316 - Team Jahgee
301 - Starion Motorsports

GT
312 - Frizteam Racing
310 - AMR Team Goodsmile
310 - EH Team Racing
307 - Corvette Racing
307 - Ravenwest Aston Martin
305 - Scuderia Pergusa
303 - Alitalia Cimarron Racing
303 - Swift Autosport
299 - Parilla Racing Corse

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Thats not bad, its better than we have been running lately but there is still a lot of room for improvement. At least it seems our special "fuel additive" managed to get us a few extra horsepower now if we can only figure out how to get through the twisty bits.

Ironically, my setups by the end of the season converged into pretty much what I was using at the start. The bad part of that is I have no idea how to make it go any faster...

Now for the hard decision: a 3rd car or lightweight components?

No seriously what is going on I've only sent one setup and somehow I'm at the top.
BOP favors Ferraris quite heavily in races where fuel strategy is a large concern. Also it's an impossible car to pass on the straights.
There are a few more "secrets" I figured out as well, but I can't tell anyone.

My next B-Spec project will be announced April 1st. It will present a unique challenge. Working very hard on getting it ready

Part of me hopes it's something as ridiculous yet somehow amazing as Danktona 420.

I really should've saved that for April Fools

My next B-Spec project will be announced April 1st. It will present a unique challenge. Working very hard on getting it ready
Damn! Even Earth can't escape the memes! We're all doooooooooooooomed!

Le Mans Test Day 2 Results

8w0KIGG.png

kLE1UoA.png

Trap Speed

P
346 - McGill Racing
340 - TRB Motorsport
327 - Allstar Racing
325 - HRSC
325 - Porsche Sport Pezzarinho
316 - Starion Motorsports
315 - Team Jahgee

GT
314 - Parilla Racing Corse
312 - Frizteam Racing
310 - EH Team Racing
310 - Corvette Racing
307 - Ravenwest Aston Martin
305 - AMR Team Goodsmile
305 - Scuderia Pergusa
303 - Alitalia Cimarron Racing
303 - Swift Autosport

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Mirroring typical Corvette Racing fashion, we are at the bottom of the practice charts!

Practice Results

kFBy5w1.png

bWFQ0Kn.png

Trap Speed

P
346 - McGill Racing
341 - Allstar Racing
340 - TRB Motorsport
329 - Porsche Sport Pezzarinho
326 - Starion Motorsports