B-Spec Expert Historic Car Cup Help ?

• Thread starter Zathra5_
  • 694 comments
I have the max limit of friends. But where do you find the 2J?

In the UCD, so it comes at random. And it costs almost 15 mill.

Or get a 1970 birthday ticket and use the ticket recycling method until you get a 2J.

dylpro
In the UCD, so it comes at random. And it costs almost 15 mill.

Or get a 1970 birthday ticket and use the ticket recycling method until you get a 2J.

Well I deleted someone and sent the request

I had no trouble with the Toyota 7. Put a turbo on it and mess with the LSD and suspension, you should be fine.

I remember I didn't have a 2J when I did that one, and it almost drove me crazy. I ended up using the Toyota 7 with the gear ratios spread out as wide as they would go, to mimic the gear ratios of the 2J, and it worked (barely).

Use your Toyota 7. I beat that series with little effort. The only thing you need to do is setup your transmission and buy your normal upgrade parts. Setting up your transmission isn't hard, here's a few tips; if Its a track with long stretches and long corners, set the top speed a little higher, if it's a small tighter track like Cote, shorten it by like 40-50.

EDIT: Here's a link that has some Toyota 7 tunes, for the Historic Cup.

Last edited:
Shoe67
I had no trouble with the Toyota 7. Put a turbo on it and mess with the LSD and suspension, you should be fine.

Yes I do t understand why people have so much trouble withthis race... I pit a little tranny tune on my Toyota 7 and bob beat it first try...

Theace37
Yes I do t understand why people have so much trouble withthis race... I pit a little tranny tune on my Toyota 7 and bob beat it first try...

Well, if the 2J is in the front at the beginning, you will need to run a solid race with no major mistakes to win. A lot of newer drivers can't do that.

Shoe67
Well, if the 2J is in the front at the beginning, you will need to run a solid race with no major mistakes to win. A lot of newer drivers can't do that.

Yes but we're talking B-spec.

Went to check the race files (yes I do file my races) and the bob who completed it was a lv.26.

So it can't be that hard?

Theace37
Yes but we're talking B-spec.

Went to check the race files (yes I do file my races) and the bob who completed it was a lv.26.

So it can't be that hard?

O, I didn't know we were talking b spec. Yea, it shouldn't be too hard.

Fit your Toyota 7 with turbos (I forgot which Stage it is, but choose the one that will add most to your PP, not power), and with an experienced driver and some 'Pace Up' clicking, you shall win it with some margin. ;)
(Oh, and continue refreshing (quit & join, quit & join and so on) the race until there is only one 2J, and it's not placed at one of the podium positions (1st - 3rd) at the very start of the race)

Or you can buy/borrow a 2J, but it rarely appears in the UCD :crazy:)

I had a level twenty-something Bob, as I recall, and with the upward arrow beside him, and he still couldn't do it with the Toyota 7 even with it upgraded and properly tuned. He kept eating the armco at the Nouvelle Chicane, and the only way I could get him not to do this is to have him "cool down" prior to the chicane, but since there were other cars nearby he naturally "heats up", so to adequately cool him for the chicane I had to Spam "pace down" for the whole lap leading up to the chicane, which meant he was going too slowly to be competitive and ended up at the rear. If I tried holding off until closer to the chicane, like at the tunnel, before having him pace down, it didn't do enough to cool him before the chicane and he ate the barrier... on every lap.

I gave him a 2J and he won by a massive margin.

This is all you need:
Toyota 7
Level 2 Turbo Upgrade
LSD with these settings:
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40

I used Max Downforce
Max Speed under transmission settings

The biggest thing is Racing Medium Tires!!

I was in 1st half way through the 2nd Lap!!
Had 4 Chaparral's and 2 Toyota 7's in the race

Ive tried this race multiple times with lots of different tunes for the Toyota 7 with lvl 3 turbo and racing soft tires. My bob is lvl 29 but still cant pass the 2J. Sometimes he gets next to him and could pass him but he backs down!!

SOLUTION REPOST (Some for some that haven't found it)
Hope noone posted this before, here we go:
Just take your Seven and ANY kind of bob (i tried from chilled-bobs to psychobobs, all did it 1st try) level 20 and above. Add the big Turbo, medium race tires and here it comes: Add all the available 200kg of weight to the very REAR of the car.

Now let bob race. Finally having traction through all that weight in the back, he will FINALLY floor it "like a bob", taking the lead in the first round. Enjoy.

I recently started over from scratch to drive all the events with my G27 instead of a controller & decided to B-Spec together a few cars & some money.

When I got to the Historic thingy I remembered that one of the races were a pain in the A to win since Mr. Bob is a bit to polite to ram the 2J to smithereens & to stupid to avoid the walls. So I tried, tried & tried again with Cobra & Toyota 7 without victory.

I still don't remember how I won it the last time, but anyway:

Thumbs up for the ballast trick!! Who could have known that adding 200kg to the ass of the Toyota 7 would make it fly around the track?

Thank you!! I do love GTPlanet! :)

This is all you need:
Toyota 7
Level 2 Turbo Upgrade
LSD with these settings:
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40

I used Max Downforce
Max Speed under transmission settings

The biggest thing is Racing Medium Tires!!

I was in 1st half way through the 2nd Lap!!
Had 4 Chaparral's and 2 Toyota 7's in the race
Just wanted to report that these setting worked like a charm for me. Lvl 33 driver, Toyota 7.

1st race: won on first try.
2nd race: took 2 tries but beat the second fastest car (a 2J) by 23 seconds. Some luck is involved here with regard to where your driver chooses to pass.

Washing Machine with Prainos tune. He was lvl. 22-23, and pretty far into hot zone. I won first try, both events. A-spec is a totally different story... WHY MUST YOU SPIN MY 7 OUT??? WHY??? Off topic but still. I think my Bob does pretty well.

Ok I'm doing the historic race with the Toyota 7. I'm doing B spec since I finished A spec. I'm on the second race and for some reason the A.I is pure crap both me and CPU keeps crashing on that corner at the end of the tunnel. I'm level 32 on B spec so he has strengh and mental strengh his emotion is calm. I tried 3 different wheels Racing Hard, Racing Medium, and comfort soft I don't know why I tried comfort soft. But any body have any tips?

The B-Spec AI in Monaco is notoriously thick.

The few things that got me through was - If he looks like he might overtake on that corner, tell him to slow down. He will always attempt to pass on the inside and smack right into the metal barrier.

Other than that.. I just told him to speed up twice and left the controller well alone. Just try not to get too stressed out when he crashes before the final straight.. I scared my daughter when I swore louder than I'd ever swore before when that happened (It was the 15th time I'd attempted it in a row by that point and he had consistantly smashed into really stupid places. Something I really don't like is willfull incompetence, when the person doesn't and refuses to learn from mistakes.. which is impossible for AI so naturally it makes my brain melt in protest)

Really the best thing to have is patience, if you don't have that.. a stiff drink.

UrieHusky
The B-Spec AI in Monaco is notoriously thick.

The few things that got me through was - If he looks like he might overtake on that corner, tell him to slow down. He will always attempt to pass on the inside and smack right into the metal barrier.

Other than that.. I just told him to speed up twice and left the controller well alone. Just try not to get too stressed out when he crashes before the final straight.. I scared my daughter when I swore louder than I'd ever swore before when that happened (It was the 15th time I'd attempted it in a row by that point and he had consistantly smashed into really stupid places)

Really the best thing to have is patience, if you don't have that.. a stiff drink.

Yeah it makes me splur words that I don't want to say. But I'll test my patience tomorrow. I will try your idea.

Yeah it makes me splur words that I don't want to say. But I'll test my patience tomorrow. I will try your idea.

Best of luck to you mate, it was the hardest event for me in the game by a massive margin.
Although I don't think it's luck, it's just a very delicate balance to time everything right so he doesn't try anything monumentally thick haha

Back