B-Spec Expert Historic Car Cup Help ?

• Thread starter Zathra5_
  • 694 comments
UrieHusky
Best of luck to you mate, it was the hardest event for me in the game by a massive margin.
Although I don't think it's luck, it's just a very delicate balance to time everything right so he doesn't try anything monumentally thick haha

Lol. Yeah I hope I can do it. Have a good night mate.

I don't have a 2J and I never tried it with a 2D. But surely they would have the same issue? my Bobs do it regardless of the car they're in

Yeah I haven't found there to be any difference with different bobs, different level of bobs and different cars. Not just 2J/Toyota 7 in the Historic Race Car Cup, but also in the Online B-Spec Challenge 6 at 650PP.

It's the same problem every time regardless of the car.

iainoflo85
Yeah I haven't found there to be any difference with different bobs, different level of bobs and different cars. Not just 2J/Toyota 7 in the Historic Race Car Cup, but also in the Online B-Spec Challenge 6 at 650PP.

It's the same problem every time regardless of the car.

For the B spec Nuriburgh 650pp I used Mclaren gtr and it did great, 1st place. But it varies, if you push it too much, it will spin out a lot. But I keep it chill and overtake a lot and I won.

For the B spec Nuriburgh 650pp I used Mclaren gtr and it did great, 1st place. But it varies, if you push it too much, it will spin out a lot. But I keep it chill and overtake a lot and I won.

Not Nurburgring B-Spec Seasonal, but Cote d'Azure B-Spec 650PP seasonal. Is the same thing that your OP is about.

iainoflo85
Not Nurburgring B-Spec Seasonal, but Cote d'Azure B-Spec 650PP seasonal. Is the same thing that your OP is about.

Oh I meant nurburgring seasonal but oh I did that one with mclaren too and beat it in 1st

The main thing with Cote 'de Azur that you have to do is to hit "slow down" before the last main chicane, after the straight. This chicane is where your bobs spin out. If you need a 2J, just shoot me a FR.

Did it work?
I did what the man above me said: slow him down before the chicane.
I pressed the slow-down button at the start of the tunnel.

zuperkiwi
Did it work?
I did what the man above me said: slow him down before the chicane.
I pressed the slow-down button at the start of the tunnel.

Kinda, I had first place on lap 6 and then boom before chicane ended, 2j zoomed past me and he won, lap 7-8 he still was in 1st and I lost

Edit* I beat it*

Last edited:
Three times in a row my lvl 27 bob has crashed at the chicane after the tunnel... Each time it was lap8 and he was leading!!!
Reckon I'm gonna need a new t.v and new controller if this keeps up :)

If you don't have a 2J you can use a Toyota 7 and slow down at the chicane as JJSCHMITTY2000 said. Here is a tune for the Toyota 7 that might help you.

Aerodynamics: Front 60 Rear 85
Turbo Kits: High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Transmission: 260kmh Top speed
Suspension:
1.Height: -30mm Front and Rear
2.Dampers (Extension): 10 Front and Rear
3.Dampers (Compression): 9 Front and Rear
Wheel Alignment: Camper Angle: 1.5 Front and Rear

I was able to win that event with the Toyota 7 by maximizing Downforce and adjusting the transmission top speed only (I can't remember off the top of my head, maybe 155 MPH). Unlike 99% of B-spec races a "Hot" driver is a big liability because he will turn the car too soon and crash into the barrier in the chicanes. Coach your driver to "Neutral" and tell him to Overtake only in the straights and faster corners. Just like the A-spec race, you want to be in front ASAP so you can block for dear life to the checkered flag.

Despite how the Bobs usually react and what works for other tracks and races, I've found that the only thing that seems to work for Cote with the Bobs is to tell them to Overtake a lot.

It seems to "snap" them out of stupid mode, but I've also found that it seems to require that it needs to be done at certain places or else Bob will hit walls.

The important places are as follows:

1. As you're coming out of the first circular turn at the top of the hill.
2. After the downhill straight. (Basically when the first Overtake wears off.)
3. After the tight left-hand turn. Wait until you straighten out. (After the last one wears off.)
4. As your car straightens out from the chicane.
5. When #4 wears off.
6. When #5 wears off, but wait before going into the U-turn.

Your Bob will sort of snap to attention and generally not hit walls, if you do this. The other spots on the track are pretty safe and feel free to have Bob speed up or slow down depending on what you feel. I've found that pushing him (yes, I know that seems counter-intuitive for this track, but it does work) seems to work better than telling him to calm down and drive correctly. He will stay closer to the other cars and put him in position to pass.

Most likely the race won't be won until about the last lap or two, but you should be able to win. It might take a couple of tries, but it worked better for me than telling him to take it easy. I've seen him drive into a wall at his calmest, back into another wall, then hit the first wall again on the way out. The method I described prevented him, mostly, from hitting walls. It doesn't prevent him from making any mistakes, but it does seem to get him to focus a little bit more.

I had a Level 30 driver and I just duped a 1970 Birthday Ticket until I had the Chaparral 2J '70. I put the Stage 2 turbo kit on it, tuned my gears slightly tighter, and you just have to keep your driver cool constantly throughout the race.

He will want to pass on the inside and hit the wall after that tunnel sooner or later. You also need to keep exiting and restarting the race until you have ONE other 2J racing against you. I had to restart about five times for it to set up that way. Other 2J started in 5th, I started in 6th, got out ahead and the other 2J crashed, but caught up later in the race.

The real trick is just keep pacing down, and don't panic if he hits the wall coming out of that tunnel- so long as all the other cars don't pass ya. If they do, then restart.

Just takes time.

Did it at my first try, used a cool headed Level 33 Bob and a 2J with no tune up, only the top speed limited at 280 kph. Finished with 20 seconds distance to two 2J, and my pilot crashed in the chicane after the tunnel in the first lap. The only coaching I gave was to increase speed in the fast segments and decrease speed in the middle of the tunnel.

Who will share his 2J for me. Tried different times with the Toyota 7 (also with topspeed 240 km/h) but it will not work for me.

why don't u use seazonal events to grind and then buy the 2J? Using the car database u can find it online in the UCD. That's what I did, grinded enough money in 3 hours and then cycled the UCD till I found it.

Just won easily with a fully tuned Toyota 7... after a couple of failed attempts put the 200kg in the rear and won by over 20 seconds.

It can be indeed a very easy win with the Toyota 7. Be sure you have the tires race normal, tuned to max. turbo 2 (is more PP) and set topspeed at 240 km/h. I won the race by 25 seconds.

I saw once on a forum that you have the best chance to win in Cd'A if the 2J is qualified 8th or 9th.But even than you need the right set ip for the Toyota 7.I tried it with the Ferrari 330P4 a couple of times,but I couldn't find the right set up (yet).

Back