[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

• Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
Bottas Snatches Pole in Closest Ever FBS Qualifying

2i9xIGN.jpg

5DDzyug.png

Just 24 thousandths of a second was the difference from 2nd place to pole position for the Japanese Grand Prix.

The top five starting positions were covered by just over two tenths of a second, which promises to make the Japanese Grand Prix one of the most exciting FBS events to date. If Alonso is going to send his Team Principal out with a victory, he will have to do it from second on the grid, behind the team's chief rival for the season, McGill Racing.

Home favorite Takuma Sato and Tsuchigami no Kyojin appeared poised to take pole position at several key moments in the 20 minute qualifying session, but something always went wrong. On one warmup lap Sato had been following Alonso and appeared to be catching him. But at the end of the lap Alonso slowed to pull into the pits. This caused Sato to briefly get off the throttle on the front straight which hurt his hot lap. Later Takuma Sato came out for one more try but a couple of small mistakes early in the lap were too much for the driver to overcome.

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Team Pezzarinho Blog - Perry's Final Race Weekend

In my final weekend as Team Pezzarinho manager, I document what the team goes through on a daily basis and share thoughts and feelings before leaving the Formula B Spec paddock.

What a qualifying session, definitely one for the fans! After practice we had to make some changes to the setup, and as expected it cost us single lap pace. Didn't think we would lose out so much though and just hope losing out by 0.024 seconds isn't as costly as it has been previously this season. We should have better race pace and hopefully we can still target a win in my last weekend.

Only yesterday I was saying how Sato was the fan favourite, and unfortunately his session was upset by Alonso on an in lap. It hurts losing out like that as we experienced at the other end of the season, and I hope once again those fans are treated to a great recovery drive. Maybe even a second win?...

Penultimate day in the paddock feels strange and emotional, can't even imagine how tomorrow is going to feel! A lot of people stopping me to wish me well in the future. It will definitely be the people in this pitlane I miss the most!

The race didnt stream/upload to twitch for some reason. Thats odd. It was run on time and completed, but its not showing up.

I guess I'll have to make a highlight video or something out of the replay file.

What a great race that was and nice to see team Tsuchigami no Kyojin get an all Japanese home win. No idea why Bottas kept spinning round at the first turn as the same happened to Alonso.

Team Pezzarinho Blog - Perry's Final Race Weekend

In my final weekend as Team Pezzarinho manager, I document what the team goes through on a daily basis and share thoughts and feelings before leaving the Formula B Spec paddock.

What an incredible race to sign off on! Absolutely thrilled to be a part of it and no doubt all of the fans are leaving extremely satisfied both with the action and the result. Congratulations to both Tsuchigami no Kyojin and Takuma Sato for a thoroughly deserved race win.

It's a little shame that my last race is the first time all season that we have finished off the podium, but we made a number of mistakes here - possibly distracted by me leaving the team... We debated the 2 stop strategy but felt we would be quick enough to not lose the time for a pitstop over the course of the race. The really big problem we had was at turn 2 however with Alonso performing pirouettes for the crowds on 3 separate occasions. We thought we had cured the problem after practice, but the tyres were giving up their grip earlier in the stint than expected and this put pay to our race chances. Bottas too had issues at the second curve so perhaps the setup factor we had been using to dominate all season is to blame! To top all of our troubles, we had a couple of issues with deployment from the Mercedes engine along the start straight. This is unusual for Mercedes though having given us rock solid performance all season.

It was a shame to see Allstar Racing's Sara Hockenheim struggling too, braking issues into the hairpin. A great recovery drive though once again and a well deserved second place. How long before this team finally grabs their first win though, I hope for them that it isn't much longer! Elsewhere it was a tough day for a lot of teams as the season draws to a close and older parts are used. A lot of tired cars now ready to be replaced in Season 4.

Almost as soon as Alonso brought the car back into the garage, the team got the champagne going and the party went long into the night here. A very fitting end to my time within the team, and I write this feeling very sorry for myself today. No doubt a few other Team Pezzarinho employees are also feeling the affects and very glad that I gave them this week off to recover from the toils of the championship campaign. I again thank every one of them for their efforts across my time here.

I can't say thank you enough to those I have shared the Formula B Spec paddock with over the course of 3 seasons. I'm sure most of you made an appearance at some stage of our Suzuka garage party, but my memory is somewhat blurred for much of that evening! You have been the driving force behind our successes and made the championships what they are, and I hope that you continue to put Team Pezzarinho under pressure going forward! The largest thank you of course goes to @Earth for another fantastic season and all the best with all of the other MTP sanctioned events to come! My phone will never be too far away should the call be made - but it might be covered in baby dribble!

Team Pezzarinho Formula B Spec Stats - Perry Brown Era (Stat - Total - All Time Placing)

Championships - 2 - 1st
Race Wins - 11 - 1st
Championship Points - 393 - 1st
Pole Positions - 9 - 2nd
Podiums - 18 - 1st
Fastest Laps - 13 - 1st
Laps Led - 433 - 1st

GOLD.jpg

Last edited:
After a 14th place finish in the drivers championship Sebastien Buemi is speaking out about next season. When asked what his plans for next season were he was quoted saying "As of right now I'm planning to stay with Swift Autosport. This season was rough but it wasn't completely the teams fault. It was a case of miscommunication between myself and the team. We missed the points positions by 2 spots three times. It sucks but we're still working out all of our bugs back at the shop. From what I've noticed over my year of being with this team they take a lot of pride in everything they do. Seth is in the shop everyday making sure everything runs smooth. I just wish I could have brought home some points for them." There it is race fans. Looks like Buemi is gonna be at Swift Autosport next year. Hopefully we'll see better results from them.

Back