B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
I live in Singapore so I use my country's server during the login process of the widget. But apparently it shows wrong amount of credits. It works OK for US servers though.

I use the spore server all the time. Credits and friend list is always up-to-date. No problems.

That's really weird. I tried it on 2 computers and both comps that uses SG servers have discrepancies. But when changing to US servers the information is correct.

Player_One_NZ
Anyone constantly getting "temporary server issue"?

Yep... got that last night from the European servers...
As dotslasher also suggest, I selected the US-area, and the grinder connected immediately.

I would try and uninstall the entire shell. I can't seem to find a settings file for the widgets so hopefully uninstalling the shell and then reinstalling will remove them 👍

This! Uninstalling through MS "add remove programs" doesn't cut it. I deleted the shell, reinstalled and got it up and running. Thanks 👍

Getting certificate messages on both PC's now. This even after uninstalling Yahoo Widgets and cleaning the registry. Clocks are fine on the PS3 & PC. Pretty much tossing in the towel until the browser add on is ready. I'm just fed up with the Yahoo abandoning Widget support.

Mines wont work at all, it says: Loading race events then it loads drivers, then it says Starting race and suddenly race ended before it even started. Is there a way to fix this? Ha ha got it working =) Now it got broken again -.- So basically it drives one race on its own then i have to re-install it to drive another. Anybody help?

Last edited:
Just got it and I want to know, what's the best way to close it out if I want to play GTLife? exit server standby? or hit the x on the widget?

@ Roush:
If you want to stop the remote race at once, you just exit it on the PS3, and backs out of Server Standby mode.
If you want the current race to finish, but not to start another, you kill the widget.

Last edited:
Avaruus-olio
Mines wont work at all, it says: Loading race events then it loads drivers, then it says Starting race and suddenly race ended before it even started. Is there a way to fix this? Ha ha got it working =) Now it got broken again -.- So basically it drives one race on its own then i have to re-install it to drive another. Anybody help?

Check the servers you are using in the widget (country).

At the moment sporadic issues are seen worldwide, with gran-turismo servers failing to log you in, or to relay the remote race commands. At first I experienced the European servers to fail, when US still worked. Lately (today) also US seems to fail, and I have tried several servers, with no luck...

Restarting the widget seems to get it to drive one race, but then it fails.. just like you have seen it..

Looks like we have to wait this one out.

Last edited:
jamesav21
really? so I have to make 4 of my drivers offline just so i can level up one of them?

You can select how to use your drivers:
random, in order, balance experience, balance credits. (I'm going by memory so I may have missed one...)

If you are trying to level up your lowest driver, select balance XP and widget will run that driver until he catches up to the rest. If this is the case then no need to take other drivers offline and miss credits from people racing your other Bobs.

I had an idea for a new feature (if no one has asked already)... I'd like to be able to start the widget racing and only have it run a specific number of races before stopping. This would help people trying to get fresh cars in the UCD without missing any. Does anyone else think that would be useful?

Back