B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Hey guys, have any of you had an issue where the grinder is showing incorrect amount of money? On my PS3 i have approx $14M grinder only showing $11.3M?

Thanks for this amazing extension btw!

+EDIT+
Looks like a restart of my PC fixed it, when i did re authenticate within the widget it still showed incorrect amount.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
About 6-7 days if all your drivers are being raced 24/7, something like that.

I calculated at 4-5 days. I've noticed you get on average 10,000 per driver per 20 min race. So assuming all your drivers are racing in a 20 minute race you will get 3000 a minute. To get 20,000,000 this will take 6666 minutes which is around 4-5 days. If you want to accumulate money fast your best bet is the second Ferrari race in the seasonals which gives 502,000Cr in 3minutes 17 seconds.

This leads me to a question for Yonis. Is it possible to determine the fastest race and select only that race? For example, I've noticed the R8 race in the current selection usually finishes in 18 minutes rather than 20+minutes compared to the other races.

I calculated at 4-5 days. I've noticed you get on average 10,000 per driver per 20 min race. So assuming all your drivers are racing in a 20 minute race you will get 3000 a minute. To get 20,000,000 this will take 6666 minutes which is around 4-5 days. If you want to accumulate money fast your best bet is the second Ferrari race in the seasonals which gives 502,000Cr in 3minutes 17 seconds.

This leads me to a question for Yonis. Is it possible to determine the fastest race and select only that race? For example, I've noticed the R8 race in the current selection usually finishes in 18 minutes rather than 20+minutes compared to the other races.

The races pay less the easier they are to win.
original

Le scarth is only 18.30 mins If drivers are higher level.

Yes you can select 1 track in the widget the info is posted earlier in the thread.
It changes per sign in area.

The races pay less the easier they are to win.
original

Le scarth is only 18.30 mins If drivers are higher level.

Yes you can select 1 track in the widget the info is posted earlier in the thread.
It changes per sign in area.

Thanks Graphite, that's some useful info. 👍

Vince_Fiero, when the maintenance issue is gone, log off the gran-turismo website, then delete the cookies and log on again. It may help.

Finally got to try this:

Situation was on my laptop a new friend was present on the PC it was not in the drivers list.

Just deleting the cookies (I did IE, Firefox is set to do it automatic and chrome I did not touch) did not get it in the list.
Forcing reauthentication afterwards made the update work!

No clear which steps are really needed, but it could help someone.

Hey, I cant seem to get the grinder to notice that i have a new driver and 2 new friends. I've tried to re-authenticate and that doesnt work. Help?

Hey, I cant seem to get the grinder to notice that i have a new driver and 2 new friends. I've tried to re-authenticate and that doesnt work. Help?

See the e-mail before yours, try to remove the cookies in IE and then reauthenticate.

The new friends might have to go online before the servers are updated.

Hey, i seem to be having another issue...

If i manually choose what drivers i want on B-spec, there seems to be plenty to have a full field of 16. But if the widget chooses the drivers, i only get about 6 or 8?

Hey, i seem to be having another issue...

If i manually choose what drivers i want on B-spec, there seems to be plenty to have a full field of 16. But if the widget chooses the drivers, i only get about 6 or 8?
Check how many drivers you are opting to leave free.. if an account only has 2 drivers and you have it set to leave 2+ drivers free, I think it boots them out altogether. You could also move the users into the 'Always Use' column if you're always using the same drivers.

Thats the only time I've run into that, from what I recall anyhow.

I run into a problem and I'm a little frustrated. :indiff: The widget works on my laptop but I can't get it to work on my home PC. Both are windows 7 home ed. I've seen a couple people post similar problems but I can't find any responses.

Widget window is blank, no activity at all, manage drivers is greyed out. Cannot force re authentication.

I reinstalled yahoo widgets / b-spec grinder. Verified PSN email / password. Turned off widget on work PC. Turned off norton antivirus. Allowed yahoo widget on windows firewall.

Any ideas?

hawkeye122
That didnt work either.

Edit: went as far as setting it to leave 0, it still doesnt work.

Try reducing number of threads and increasing delay. Give it a couple of races to settle in.

I have full grids with 2 threads & 15 secs delay.

hawkeye122
Thats worked a bit. Now im up to probably 2-6 slots open

Try increasing delay & reducing threads more. This will slightly increase your time between races but should give fuller grids.

I've run the widget from 4 different computers and I've had to adjust settings on each to get full grids.

I am really sorry if this question has been asked already (but I couldn't find it, when I searched the thread)...

I am currently using B-Spec Grinder... and love it. But because I have it running in the background on my work PC, it doesn't run during the night.

If I were to leave my PC on... with the widget running... would it reconnect to my PS3, if I left it in Server Mode when I went to bed.

i.e. If I took it out of Server Mode, when I got home... so that I could play on it... would putting it back into Server Mode mean that the widget took control again...? (or do I need to tell the widget to reconnect, if the connection is lost)...?

Thanks for any help...

fidod
If I were to leave my PC on... with the widget running... would it reconnect to my PS3, if I left it in Server Mode when I went to bed.

i.e. If I took it out of Server Mode, when I got home... so that I could play on it... would putting it back into Server Mode mean that the widget took control again...? (or do I need to tell the widget to reconnect, if the connection is lost)...?

Thanks for any help...

As far as I know, there isn't an auto reconnect :( If the connection is broken, it has to be manually reconnected on the PC.

I have just tried it out...

I left my PC on, running the widget, qnd came home, dropping the PS3 out of Server Mode and played a few A-Spec challenges.

When I went back into the remote races section, I selected Server Mode and then watched as (after a few moments) a track started to load up and a race started - presumably set up by the widget...

So it appears to work, even if you drop out of server mode and go back in later (as long as the PC running the widget stays online)... :-)

Are there any one that did find a solution, when the Grinder won't start working, and only show a blank bar..??

Debug shows:
07/14/11 01:35:58.047: == Widget loaded. ===========================
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\B-Spec Grinder.widget

Then nothing else happens... On right-click on the bar, only 'about', 'widget-preferences', 'Hide widget' or 'close widget' are shown..
No re-authenticate, no drivers etc..
Access and login to gran-turismo.com from firefox has been verified..

The issue started immediately after a reboot of the Pc.. Until then it worked flawlessly..
Have tried clearing cookies in both IE and Firefox (just in case) and deleted the PS3 cache (even that it probably isn't related here)

I don't have good knowledge on yahoo widgets, but I noticed that even I deleted the widget, and re-downloaded/installed the b-grinder widget, it has kept previously typed info, like login etc...
Is there anyway to delete it/start from scratch? (without doing 'format c:') :sly:

Are there any one that did find a solution, when the Grinder won't start working, and only show a blank bar..??

Debug shows:
07/14/11 01:35:58.047: == Widget loaded. ===========================
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\B-Spec Grinder.widget

Then nothing else happens... On right-click on the bar, only 'about', 'widget-preferences', 'Hide widget' or 'close widget' are shown..
No re-authenticate, no drivers etc..
Access and login to gran-turismo.com from firefox has been verified..

The issue started immediately after a reboot of the Pc.. Until then it worked flawlessly..
Have tried clearing cookies in both IE and Firefox (just in case) and deleted the PS3 cache (even that it probably isn't related here)

I don't have good knowledge on yahoo widgets, but I noticed that even I deleted the widget, and re-downloaded/installed the b-grinder widget, it has kept previously typed info, like login etc...
Is there anyway to delete it/start from scratch? (without doing 'format c:') :sly:

I haven't been up for very long but I'm assuming when you say you right-click on the bar you mean:

As for deleting the settings all I can suggest is to uninstall the actual Yahoo Widgets program and start again.

Sephiroth0011
I haven't been up for very long but I'm assuming when you say you right-click on the bar you mean:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/unledwqv.jpg/

As for deleting the settings all I can suggest is to uninstall the actual Yahoo Widgets program and start again.

Yep... That is what I mean by 'rightclick the bar' :)

By 'uninstall', do you then mean just to close/delete it from within yahoo widgets, or is there some special steps to do, to uninstall properly?
(as said, I'm not familiar with the yahoo widgets... yet....)
Or did you mean the actual yahoo widget shell?

Yep... That is what I mean by 'rightclick the bar' :)

By 'uninstall', do you then mean just to close/delete it from within yahoo widgets, or is there some special steps to do, to uninstall properly?
(as said, I'm not familiar with the yahoo widgets... yet....)
Or did you mean the actual yahoo widget shell?

I would try and uninstall the entire shell. I can't seem to find a settings file for the widgets so hopefully uninstalling the shell and then reinstalling will remove them 👍

On Windows based machines the settings are stored in the Windows registry. If that makes sense to you then you can probably find them. If it doesn't then it really isn't anything you should mess with.

I would try and uninstall the entire shell. I can't seem to find a settings file for the widgets so hopefully uninstalling the shell and then reinstalling will remove them 👍

Solved...!

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Yahoo! Widgets-program (the actual widgets-shell)... The B-Spec Widget was still located in the "widgets"-folder, so it was available right away...
Then I just re-typed the login-details and the widget then connected straight away without further issues..

Thank you for the suggestion.. :D

Edit:
As also suggested by ch1potle, I did find it in the registry..
Is located here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\WidgetEngine\Widgets\B-Spec Grinder
On next "lock-up" I will try delete the "B-Spec Grinder"-key, to see if it resets the issue..

:confused:
Warning: Serious problems might occour if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you know what you are doing before editing the registry. For added protection, backup the registry before you modify, Then you can restore the registry if a problem occour. See Microsoft kb-article about backing up and restore the registry in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Link to articles about Windows Vista and Windows 7 are available in that article.

Last edited:
As a thought you might back up the section pertaining to the grinder (while working correctly). I was avoiding posting the location of the registry info because if people don't know what they are doing with the Windows registry, editing it could be catastrophic.

As a thought you might back up the section pertaining to the grinder (while working correctly)..

Yes, might be worth trying that... :)

Btw.: Added warning to last post, about modifing the registry.. 👍

Last edited:
I'm sure it's written somewhere in this already looooong thread. But I looked over dozens of pages withou success
How do we force the widget to always choose a specific race ? I understand that we must use a 5 digit code, but... where do we specify it?

I'm sure it's written somewhere in this already looooong thread. But I looked over dozens of pages withou success
How do we force the widget to always choose a specific race ? I understand that we must use a 5 digit code, but... where do we specify it?

Put "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in the debug window, where id is the ID of the race you want to run. [Source]

Id by Race/Country

To open the debug window on Windows, [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + left-click the Yahoo Widgets icon in the task bar and check 'Debug Mode'. Will require a restart of the widget to take effect.

Back