B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Anyone seen this before? I made an alternate account to try grinding my Bobs. Went to bed, everything worked as normal. But... When I checked this morning, a race was running with two of the same Bob - huh?? I logged in to the site, and my main profile actually showed SEVEN drivers, with two of the one Bob. Went back to my console and logged over, and everything was normal and seems to have now "reset." But how on earth could a race have been started with two of the same guy?

Anyone seen this before? I made an alternate account to try grinding my Bobs. Went to bed, everything worked as normal. But... When I checked this morning, a race was running with two of the same Bob - huh?? I logged in to the site, and my main profile actually showed SEVEN drivers, with two of the one Bob. Went back to my console and logged over, and everything was normal and seems to have now "reset." But how on earth could a race have been started with two of the same guy?
Its a driver duplication Glitch caused buy Laggy Connection to GT5 servers.
When GT5 is reloaded the save data will over write the server with the correct drivers... Once you learn how to reproduce it with out a laggy server connection. You can have as many drivers online as you like, but currently its only for FUN, there is no practical use for it yet...

You can have multi level 40 drivers
pic.png

Or you can fill a grid with multi level 0 drivers.....
snapshot38-1.png

PD limited you to 6 drivers online, The system can handle more than 6...(Ive had 32 level zero drivers online. at that point it got boring)

Last edited:
How can I prevent PSN from dropping me so I can run this all day?

Hardwire every thing, PS3 and Computer, NO WIFI
Static IP and DMZ'ed PS3. ( No UPnP )
DHCP server on router Disabled. ( this stops the DHCP server reseting and dropping the PS3 IP )
Sleep mode disabled on the PC.
ISP that does keeps traffic shaping to minimum.
kick every other user of the connection or force QOS speed limiting on them. ( Less packet data and no chance of them Downloading a big file taking all of the bandwidth. )

Then like me you could run it all day and night
( If you want to but there are other thing for me to do and play on the PS3, so no longer do...)

The more you rely on automatic systems that can stop working the more chances of disconnecting.

i have a question how many players of myself can i have online for racing i have 5 players but only one is at a time is racing

The account you have set up to host the widget can only run one driver at a time. Set up a secondary account for hosting so all your main account drivers can share the track.

this may have been answered before, but I'm having issues with the widget not refreshing how many drivers friends have I've deleted my cache and cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled the widget.... any ideas

was just trying to go get and download widget, but yahoo widgets has closed and no more downloading is available. so... how do i get it now? is there another way to install and run?

I have a question: do anyone know about somebody that had trouble with this widget such as losing something inside Gran Turismo 5 (his profile getting banned or something like that)?

was just trying to go get and download widget, but yahoo widgets has closed and no more downloading is available. so... how do i get it now? is there another way to install and run?
Links on the front/First page Still work.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4922575#post4922575
No downloads were deleted. Only the Yahoo Supplied front page was removed...
Servers hosting the Download links are still there.
No download on your browser is down to your ISP or browser.

I have a question: do anyone know about somebody that had trouble with this widget such as losing something inside Gran Turismo 5 (his profile getting banned or something like that)?

PD has changed the security on the website which has caused the app to stop work in the past, the creator has patched it to re-enable. but now the developer has given up on the app, that new patch for any new security updates may be unlikely.

No accounts have ever been banned for using this app yet, those users were banned for other acts on PSN network (game sharing and credit card fraud are the top 2). but the creator could be sued for reverse engineering the PD API so again as normal puts the small print....

"use at your own risk"...

Just a random question,GraphiteGB.:dopey:

Should i host these in the US instead of Canada to get better response?

I mean,i live in Canada,but would it work if i set it to US?

Thanks man!!

~Brunet Paquet~

PD has changed the security on the website which has caused the app to stop work in the past, the creator has patched it to re-enable. but now the developer has given up on the app, that new patch for any new security updates may be unlikely.

No accounts have ever been banned for using this app yet, those users were banned for other acts on PSN network (game sharing and credit card fraud are the top 2). but the creator could be sued for reverse engineering the PD API so again as normal puts the small print....

"use at your own risk"...

So,i might be banned from PSN if i use it? is it even safe at all?

Just a random question,GraphiteGB.:dopey:

Should i host these in the US instead of Canada to get better response?

I mean,i live in Canada,but would it work if i set it to US?

Thanks man!!

~Brunet Paquet~
It emulates the web site and it will work on any server location normaly but your supposed to get better performance from selecting local location. but as usual that not the case. you can run it from canada but if you want to select a track preference you will have to go digging for the canada code so you might want to stick with US to avoid that.

So,i might be banned from PSN if i use it? is it even safe at all?
As posted no one has ever been banned since this app release for using it,,.

Nothings ever 100% safe.

Er,my B-Spec grinder isn't working well @ all,i think. it reserves all the driver in one together after the delay,then,well...the race starts and end immediately.:odd:

I'm sure i messed up somewhere,and knowing how slow-witted i am sometimes...:dunce:i'd love anyone who could help me with that to give me a few pointers on how to get it to work properly. Thanks guys!! :D

~Brunet Paquet~:dopey:

Check the logs and see if its reserving a full field of drivers. It's been a while but I seem to remember the widget doing that until I had more friends with drivers shared to fill a grid with mire than 10 cars it so.

Check the logs and see if its reserving a full field of drivers. It's been a while but I seem to remember the widget doing that until I had more friends with drivers shared to fill a grid with mire than 10 cars it so.

i did that. now i try to add my friends b-spec,but it turns out they don't even appear in the friends list,nor do my friends' account except for one.

maybe if i re-installed it? And another thing i don't understand at all. what is the "concurrent threads",and driver "reservation" delay option? I haven't the slightest idea in what they do,since the guy who created this widget doesn't even tell us what these do in his tutorial video. and how do i check the logs? I haven't got the slightest idea on how this space-age stuff works...

Edit: you see him moving the concurrent threads,but what he says...i dunno. i just don't understand what he means by all that mumbo-jumbo at the end.

Edit 2:Aaaand...nope. i re-installed it,doesn't detect my friends' drivers except for one,which was here on the first try...here's guessing this widget is broken.

Edit 3:Yep. this widget is broken,man... i managed to check the logs out,turns out it doesn't even register anyone except my own guy when i have someone to race against. (1 opponent) i expected to have it race my friends' b-spec during my sleep,or anytime,but my dreams are a shambles. doesn't work at all. i got the windows version and it doesn't respond at all on windows laptop. I'm not trying to insult the guy's work. but it just doesn't work,which is a shame.

Last edited:
The last time I successfully ran races with this Widget was Oct 23 2012.

Fired up my hosting account and the widget just now to test if it's currently working. will post update shortly.

It appears to be picking drivers now. Waiting for race to start.

Race starting. Widget is working.

How many drivers under how many friends do you have?

My concurrent threads and reservation delay are set to 1 and 5 respectively. So far as I understand it, these settings have to do with how many times and how fast the widget communicates with the server while reserving friends drivers.

Last edited:
I have a friend with 1 b-spec,and my other ones all show a ? mark. But even there,i think i should be able,no?

I'm shocked!! it finally works,even if partially!! the concurrent threads were 1,and i made 3,judging me,and 2 other friends were in the race!!

I thought:"Hmmm concurrent threads...does that mean you,and the number of friends you'll race?" i clicked 3 which included me,and two of my friends. it worked wonders!!!

Here's hoping it'll keep on working on the next race!! That'd be AWESOME!!:dopey:

Edit: errr,only one of them is detected. do i need to have my friends logged in to use all their b-specs? I mean,i have one who is playing gt5 right now,but no one else.

Edit 2: great. now i get to race my other friend's lonely online b-spec,instead of racing both lists. man this is weird...

Last edited:
All of your friends have to have bspec drivers shared. If they only have 1 shared and your set to leave one driver free, in the manage drivers page of the widget, then no drivers will be picked. Set that to no drivers free and then make sure all your friends have at least 1 driver shared. Also, be aware, if they have other friends besides you doing remote races, with the widget or without, and those other friends beat your widget to the reservation, you will not get that driver. Its a good idea to have at least 5 (more of you can arrange it) friends with 3 or more bspec drivers to add to the pool the widget can pull from. 16 = full grid -1 for your host driver = 15 needed from friends list.

The shared bspec driver can be used while the "owner" of that driver is playing GT5.

Pretty sure the concurrent thread thing has to do with how many requests to the gran turismo servers can be running simultaneously. The time delay is how long between requests for driver reservation.

So if I read what you said correctly, your are making 3 requests for drivers simultaneously. If it works leave it. If it stops working try different values there. It has nothing to do with how many friends you have. My hosting account has 18 friends with various numbers of bspec drivers shared.

If you're grinding cash or bspec level send Dragonscotch a friend request and I'll add your drivers to my "Always use" list and run some off for you.

Fired up the hosting account to see if it pulled you yet Brunet. Not yet, but it may take a few days for the widget to update the addition to the Friends List. Hopefully, won't have to do the re-install bit again.
Will keep running it until I catch your name in the drivers list. Might be a few days before you see my host account name in your race log.

Oh and Brunet, Please put the account, Dragonscotch, on never use in your widget. If you did set the widget to leave no drivers free and it hits that account for drivers it will get them all and I won't be able to host any while all those drivers are tied up in your race.

Last edited:
This is perhaps a noob question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. In "Manage Drivers", B-Spec Grinder isn't displaying all of my GT5 friends. Inside of GT5, and on us.gran-turismo.com all my friends are shown (and their drivers can be raced). Would anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

This is perhaps a noob question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. In "Manage Drivers", B-Spec Grinder isn't displaying all of my GT5 friends. Inside of GT5, and on us.gran-turismo.com all my friends are shown (and their drivers can be raced). Would anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Right-click in the box that show the race progress and click in "Force Reauthentication".

Back