B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Could you help me get to the debug window? I tried the instructions that were somewhere around page 150 but it didn't work.

To get to the Yahoo Widget Debug Mode you need to hold shift+control and right click on the Yahoo Widget icon.

The Yahoo Widget Icon looks like a pair of small gears.

On a Mac: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found on the Menu bar at the top of the screen (where the time/date, speaker icon, apple icon and the like are found). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+left click on the Icon.

On a Windows machines: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found in the System Tray in the tool bar (where the time/date and other application and system icons hang out). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+right click on the Icon.

You cannot get to the debug mode by clicking in any way on the Yahoo Widget itself (where the Grinder is). After you have ctrl+shift+right (or left) clicked on the icon.
"Debug Mode" should now appear in the menu list.
widget1.png

Click on Debug Mode and the Debug window should open up after you stop and restart the Grinder Widget.
C&P from page 200 earlier in the topic were I added my own visual aid... Widget must be shut down and restarted not the widget OS.... if widget OS is shut down you can lose the debug setting. The icon is in the same default place no matter which version of windows, be it, XP, vista, or 7 (8 is not out yet )
For those whos widgets stop working the debug window will normaly tell you why....

Last edited:
GraphiteGB
C&P from page 200 earlier in the topic were I added my own visual aid... Widget must be shut down and restarted not the widget OS.... if widget OS is shut down you can lose the debug setting. The icon is in the same default place no matter which version of windows, be it, XP, vista, or 7 (8 is not out yet )
For those whos widgets stop working the debug window will normaly tell you why....

Thanks for the pic! Helps a lot.

Don't know where to put it really but I've added a few names yesterday and the day before but the names aren't showing up in the widget.

Is there a way to refresh it?

Edit: read about the same thing a page back but just noticed the GT site hasn't updated either :ouch:

Last edited:
Don't know where to put it really but I've added a few names yesterday and the day before but the names aren't showing up in the widget.

Is there a way to refresh it?

Edit: read about the same thing a page back but just noticed the GT site hasn't updated either :ouch:

Working fine here! I'm running your Bobs right now ;) The GT site doesn't show my new adds, but the application is.

Working fine here! I'm running your Bobs right now ;) The GT site doesn't show my new adds, but the application is.
I noticed, thanks for that :)

Got the list updated and ready to roll. Need some more buddies, my list is outdated :lol:

hi sorry if this has been mentioned

just started using this as a way to get my brothers bspecs up

but it doesnt use his racers every race? even though i dragged his racers up to always use.

it uses his drivers every race after it doesnt use them. any ideas? or is it supposed to do this

Can any one race a bit with my bobs they need races for complete their careers. my psn is: V10RACER
Careers experience will not increase with remote racing. Driver levels will increase...
B-spec Friends topic = https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164385.

hi sorry if this has been mentioned

just started using this as a way to get my brothers bspecs up

but it doesnt use his racers every race? even though i dragged his racers up to always use.

it uses his drivers every race after it doesnt use them. any ideas? or is it supposed to do this
Increase the driver reservation delay this will give the GT5 server time to catch up in the change of driver status from in use to free status change.

I've picked up a couple of new bspec friends, but for some reason the widget isn't synching the list. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've picked up a couple of new bspec friends, but for some reason the widget isn't synching the list. Anyone have any suggestions?
Log out of the web site then log back in again on the PC...(delete Browser cache)
To insure that they Can use you just as much as you use them have them do the same and they need to reboot GT5 (Quit and restart GT5)

Log out of the web site then log back in again on the PC...(delete Browser cache)
To insure that they Can use you just as much as you use them have them do the same and they need to reboot GT5 (Quit and restart GT5)

Thanks for the response.

Cleared both browser's (Firefox and IE) cache, logged out of PS3 and rebooted both computer that runs widget and PS3. Fired all back up, logged in to mule account on PS3 and http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/. On the site the friends list is correct but the widget is still not pulling it. Not sure what else to do about it. I really don't want others to host races for this account so don't think it necessary for them to restart their gt5 client.

Thanks again for the assist.

Thanks for the response.

Cleared both browser's (Firefox and IE) cache, logged out of PS3 and rebooted both computer that runs widget and PS3. Fired all back up, logged in to mule account on PS3 and http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/. On the site the friends list is correct but the widget is still not pulling it. Not sure what else to do about it. I really don't want others to host races for this account so don't think it necessary for them to restart their gt5 client.

Thanks again for the assist.
Try the reforce authentication option this was added to the app to delete the apps stored data but if the files have corrupted you may need a Cleaner app to erase the cache files and the Widget OS This results in a complete uninstall so you need to reinstall both the Widget OS and the widget.

Thought about doing that earlier but was hesitant for a reason I don't remember now. Will go ahead and revo it off and reinstall.

Thanks for hanging around and helping out dude. 👍

Re-install fixed the friends list problem.

Revo Uninstaller ftw.

Had to manually delete the widget from My Documents\My Widgets. Revo didn't catch that folder.

Last edited:
Thought about doing that earlier but was hesitant for a reason I don't remember now. Will go ahead and revo it off and reinstall.

Thanks for hanging around and helping out dude. 👍

Re-install fixed the friends list problem.

Revo Uninstaller ftw.

Had to manually delete the widget from My Documents\My Widgets. Revo didn't catch that folder.

Well done.
Sorry just noticed my post was way to casual about cleaner apps
should have put a warning up. Ill do it now...

[Start of PEA]
Cleaner apps are VERY VERY dangerous as they can give the User to much controll over deleting System files and allow deletion of files that should not be deleted..
Use at your own risk... and for god sake make sure you have a system backup...
[End of PEA]

Last edited:
Hi All

I must say this is an awesome widget, and just having learnt how to force a particular race track makes it even better.

For WindowsXP Users that have installed Yahoo Widgets 4.5.2 and running B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2, the following will make it easier to manage your specified race tracks, instead of using the debug mode ...

It is important to know that changing the REGISTRY can be harmful if mistakes are made...

1. Create a file called BSpec.Reg
2. Enter the following code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\WidgetEngine\Widgets\B-Spec Grinder]
"preferredRace"="32852"
3. Save the file
4. Execute the file (double click)

Each time you want to change tracks, edit the REG file, add the code, save it and execute it.

Note:
The 32852 code is the Australian Nascar code, so put in the code you desire.
To reset it back to random, set the code to 0

Further Information:
This concept should work for all versions of windows and yahoo widgets; however it is critical that
is correct.
You can find this in your registry, as per the instructions found elsewhere in this thread (sorry, I dont have the exact location, but search for how to clear your registry to improve performance)

Hope this helps manage your specified track selection!

Cheers

It says to me :

Reserving Drivers
2/4 drivers in use
and it doesn't load any race... my gt5 is in waiting mode

:(
Open debug window using method above and Restart widget it will normaly tell you why its failing. In English not technology speak.
Network time out = improve your connection to GT5 servers or decrease number of threads in the options and increase driver delay.

Hi All

I must say this is an awesome widget, and just having learnt how to force a particular race track makes it even better.

For WindowsXP Users that have installed Yahoo Widgets 4.5.2 and running B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2, the following will make it easier to manage your specified race tracks, instead of using the debug mode ...

It is important to know that changing the REGISTRY can be harmful if mistakes are made...

1. Create a file called BSpec.Reg
2. Enter the following code:
"preferredRace"="32852"
3. Save the file
4. Execute the file (double click)

Each time you want to change tracks, edit the REG file, add the code, save it and execute it.

Note:
The 32852 code is the Australian Nascar code, so put in the code you desire.
To reset it back to random, set the code to 0

Further Information:
This concept should work for all versions of windows and yahoo widgets; however it is critical that
is correct.
You can find this in your registry, as per the instructions found elsewhere in this thread (sorry, I dont have the exact location, but search for how to clear your registry to improve performance)

Hope this helps manage your specified track selection!

Cheers

Anybody know where the list of race numeric codes are? Or better yet which one is the shortest time value race and what its code is?

Thanks.

Hi, I just started trying to use this app, but keep getting this error:

uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

That shows up in the debug box, but the actual app just hangs on "Logging In"
Anybody know how to fix this, or whats wrong with it?

Hi, I just started trying to use this app, but keep getting this error:

uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

That shows up in the debug box, but the actual app just hangs on "Logging In"
Anybody know how to fix this, or whats wrong with it?
Change the server you are using to a different location.

Ive tried that, doesnt do anything, Ive also tried changing the delays, threads, pretty much all the settings, always the same error message.

Check the Email and password Spelling again. That you entered in the the widget.
The Site is saying its wrong.

Now start a remote race on PS3 and tick go into server mode after the Race
Then close and restart the widget os and then pick the grinder for the past widget .
And run it

Check the Email and password Spelling again. That you entered in the the widget.
The Site is saying its wrong.

Now start a remote race on PS3 and tick go into server mode after the Race
Then close and restart the widget os and then pick the grinder for the past widget .
And run it

Cant believe I did that, think I entered the password wrong. Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it :D

The widget doesnt appear to like me!

In manage drivers I can see my mates shared driver. I add him as always use.
But the race starts and stops... error log indicated There's nobody to race!

If I go through all the browser etc it works fine.
Cache cleared both PS3 and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Back