B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Hey yonis, after the 1.10 update, when access "manage drivers" menu, the following lines appear in debug window in red. Not a show stopper, widget still runs. Just thought to let you know..

06/08/11 13:19:36.875: RAW STATUS: Racing.
KFImageView: Can't load image "Resources\Driver Selection\Helmets\undefined.png"
KFImageView: Can't load image "Resources\Driver Selection\Helmets\undefined.png"

Fully aware. Polyphony updated driver outfits in 1.10, so I need to figure out how to correctly cope with that.

Fully aware. Polyphony updated driver outfits in 1.10, so I need to figure out how to correctly cope with that.
Just had a cursory look. In addition to these art assets:
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177combomet.png
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177combosuits.png

They also added these:
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177simplemet.png

which are a perfect drop-in replacement for what I'm using in the list right now! Basically the same size and everything. So that's pretty great. It means that I can turn an update around pretty quickly!

I just want to quickly implement some client-side caching for it so that it only has to download the image one time, and I'll have an update ready after that's done.

The update after this quick patch will have some major structural changes implemented which should increase performance. They'll also allow me to write things like detailed statistics and better reciprocation for an update after that.

Hi Yonis,
I had the widget running fine, and now it won't start a race, it just stops at starting race, any Ideas, I've cleared the System Cache, so it isn't that.

Edit:
When I go into manage drivers all my drivers say missing, and there are no drivers from my friends??

Edit 2:
It's back working again, is this a temporary issue which can happen from time to time which I need not worry about in future?

Last edited:
Hi Yonis,
I had the widget running fine, and now it won't start a race, it just stops at starting race, any Ideas, I've cleared the System Cache, so it isn't that.

Edit:
When I go into manage drivers all my drivers say missing, and there are no drivers from my friends??

Edit 2:
It's back working again, is this a temporary issue which can happen from time to time which I need not worry about in future?
Sometimes when this happens, you need to go to your PS3 and exit Server Standby Mode, sign out of PSN, then sign back in and restart Server Standby Mode.

Sometimes when this happens, you need to go to your PS3 and exit Server Standby Mode, sign out of PSN, then sign back in and restart Server Standby Mode.
Thanks, i'll just watch out for it, not much to panic about then. :)

the last few days i've been denied connection to GT.com on widget..i've restarted my computer and ps3/GT...Anyone else? we need a status thread in this forum..

Just had a cursory look. In addition to these art assets:
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177combomet.png
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177combosuits.png

They also added these:
551b43ae549b7d2192606728b1745177simplemet.png

which are a perfect drop-in replacement for what I'm using in the list right now! Basically the same size and everything. So that's pretty great. It means that I can turn an update around pretty quickly!

I just want to quickly implement some client-side caching for it so that it only has to download the image one time, and I'll have an update ready after that's done.

The update after this quick patch will have some major structural changes implemented which should increase performance. They'll also allow me to write things like detailed statistics and better reciprocation for an update after that.

Could you forward this to the guys at mygranturismo.net. I know they plan on adding the items, and I'm sure this would be a huge help.

half of the time the widget says its preparing race for the entire 20 mins the race lasts but when i check on ps3 its working fine.
just a minor issue but maybe you like to know

Thanks for the widget, it's been great for the 2 nights I've used it so far. Though haven't used it in the past few days because of endurace races.

I'm getting repeated "failed to connect to Sony's servers" messages. I have no connection problems and have cleared the cache. What's up?

EDIT: Never mind, updated to 2.5.2.

I updated to the new version, but I am still having problems with it not showing any friends on my list. I have friended my main account, gotten online with it and such and my list is blank. I dont get what the problem is. It was working great when I first downloaded it. All of my list shows up on the GT remote race web page just fine, just nothing in the widget.

I updated to the new version, but I am still having problems with it not showing any friends on my list. I have friended my main account, gotten online with it and such and my list is blank. I dont get what the problem is. It was working great when I first downloaded it.
Can you see it on gran-turismo.com when you log in? That's where I'm getting my data from. If you did it just a few minutes ago, Polyphony's servers can take a couple of hours to sync up.

P.S.: Thanks to everyone who's been racing my drivers! :) I've been able to fill up my garage with hundreds of cars thanks to you guys.

Can you see it on gran-turismo.com when you log in? That's where I'm getting my data from. If you did it just a few minutes ago, Polyphony's servers can take a couple of hours to sync up.

Yes, I can see it on gran-turismo.com logged in. It has been this way for about a week now I think? I could always see my friends drivers in my list on GT website and I could see them on the widget until about 4-7 days ago.

Edit:
And actually when this race gets done I will take a screenshot and show you if it helps.

Yes, I can see it on gran-turismo.com logged in. It has been this way for about a week now I think? I could always see my friends drivers in my list on GT website and I could see them on the widget until about 4-7 days ago.

Edit:
And actually when this race gets done I will take a screenshot and show you if it helps.
I don't understand how that could happen, but try this:

1. Close B-Spec Grinder.
  2. Hold down Control and Shift.
  3. Open the Gear Menu in your Task Tray (or your menu bar on Mac OS X).
  4. Select "Debug Mode".
  5. Launch B-Spec Grinder.
  6. Paste this into the text field in the Debug Window: preferences.driverOrder.value = "{}"; CONFIG.driverOrder = {}; reloadWidget();

I don't understand how that could happen, but try this:

1. Close B-Spec Grinder.
  2. Hold down Control and Shift.
  3. Open the Gear Menu in your Task Tray (or your menu bar on Mac OS X).
  4. Select "Debug Mode".
  5. Launch B-Spec Grinder.
  6. Paste this into the text field in the Debug Window: preferences.driverOrder.value = "{}"; CONFIG.driverOrder = {}; reloadWidget();

Still not working. I took a few pics, let me upload them real quick and post them in this post.

unledey.jpg

unled2e.jpg

unled3x.jpg

Edit:
I copied and pasted your code in the evaluate and hit enter, and took these pics right after it reloaded/restarted the widget.
And im going to the store to pick up a case of water, I will be back very very soon.

Last edited:
Hi Yonis,

I was going to report an issue but you may have fixed it with 2.5.2: I wanted to switch to another PSN account but the widget was still clearly connecting to the same account (showing money from 1st account and couldn't connect to the PS3).

I'll update (the widget) and keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Yonis, after messing around with it I got it to show finally.
Had to:
Turn off PS3
Erase PSNID and Pass from the widget(itll pop back up, leave blank)
Restarted PS3, logged into main account and entered server mode
Entered PSN info into widget for that account, all friends/drivers showed up
Erased PSN info from widget
Restarted PS3, logged into secondary account and entered server mode
Entered PSN info into widget for that account, and finally all drivers/friends showed up.

I have done this before, minus restarting and erasing PSN info from widget and nothing worked until I just did that.
SOOO... Hopefully this will help someone out there.

Thanks for your support Yonis! Great job with the widget!

Edit
I KNOW someone is going to say(or think to themselves at least) something about my bob's names. I got tired of searching and J Bieber came up so I took it.

CrackedTrigger
Hay Yonis, just wondering how do you update the widget, do you have to delete the existing one and redownload it?

Just download ZIP file, open file, double click on widget, Yahoo! Widgets will copy to correct folder & overwrite existing widget.

i had too close yahoo widgets before it allowed me to install the new version.
didnt have that with previous versions so i thought i'd share this for if anyone has problems installing

Hi Yonis,

I was going to report an issue but you may have fixed it with 2.5.2: I wanted to switch to another PSN account but the widget was still clearly connecting to the same account (showing money from 1st account and couldn't connect to the PS3).

I'll update (the widget) and keep an eye on it.

Any luck?

Hey yonis

Have to admit your app is awesome.
Recently through it only wants to race with the driver who is first in my friends list
Nothing appears on the logfile to hint at the problem
Anyone seen this before?

It seems to be fixed, no problems so far.
If you don't hear from this issue again, that means it's fine. :)

(I guess you don't need me to bother anymore about French translation, right?)

I've noticed with this new update that while it certainly still works fine, I've noticed a slight abnormality. When I'm viewing a web page or when my laptop is locked the widget used to work fine, but now when I'm in these states the grinder stops loading races until I can see it again, then it loads races (basically if I can't see the widget it doesn't load races). Could be just me but can you give me a little bit of testing for this?

Back