B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
This is the log ive got for the past 5 hours or so...

settings are:
events: random
server: UK
Free drivers: at least 1

Log: [snip]

Widget still going and working fine...

Hope this helps the development.

Very helpful, thank you. This confirms that the "bad data" subroutine is working as it should.

I'm new to this remote race thing. I just downloaded this widget. Does the PS3 have to be running while this widget does it's thing? Someone give a simple explanation or link me to somewhere that does please =/ If this works, I will love you forever... Maybe xD
It works the same as in the normal Remote Race mode. Go to the Community Tab > Remote Race and then there should be a Server Mode option there. Then you can use my Widget to automatically manage that Server Mode.

Yeah, I got it to work. Imma just leave it overnight, hopefully my driver will be able to compete, as he's only Level 10 T.T

BTW: Does gran-turismo.com have to open whiel you this? Or does it have nothing to do with this?

This is a great tool!

I've come up with an idea for how to multiply your earnings by 6! It's described in this thread. So take a peek there if you wish.

Now for this to work as efficiently as possible I have a request:
It would be nice if you could specify a user to prioritize.

Ideally everyone who is interested should add themselves as friends to all the bot accounts. This way there is always someone generating cash for his own account and the entire community gets to fill in the remaining 9 slots.

This has the added benefit of potentially reducing the number of people using the bot (making it less visible to Sony).

Yeah, I got it to work. Imma just leave it overnight, hopefully my driver will be able to compete, as he's only Level 10 T.T

BTW: Does gran-turismo.com have to open whiel you this? Or does it have nothing to do with this?

The whole point of this app is to take care of the web portion and repeat.... So the answer is no, you do not have to.

Feature Request: Multiple instances. I have 3 PS3's, 3 GT5's, etc and would like to run all 3 off one computer.

Feature Request: I think someone else mentioned preferences for picking other drivers. I have some ideas as well:

1. Preference to pick from certain friends first up to the max or up to another limit (ie 6 from a short list, the rest from all drivers).
2. Pick one driver from a random friend until filled.
3. Pick drivers who have not been used much recently (could go off of the 3 circles (simple but innaccurate) or history (more accurate, more complex)).
4. Pick drivers around the same level as my own driver as much as possible.

I use: Free up 0 drivers.

This gives: TypeError: result[result.length -1] has no properties (Status.js:Line 97)

=====================================================================
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

I had this too, changed country and it was solved.
Guess Luxembourg was not defined.

Feature Request: Multiple instances. I have 3 PS3's, 3 GT5's, etc and would like to run all 3 off one computer.
Do this:
  1. Find the Widget file and duplicate it.
  2. Give each duplicate a unique name. This allows them to have unique settings.
  3. Open each instance one at a time, entering different PSN account credentials in each one.

I don't know how stable that configuration will be. Good luck!

I use: Free up 0 drivers.

This gives: TypeError: result[result.length -1] has no properties (Status.js:Line 97)
That's a new error. Is it repeatable? I'll take a look at the context of that error when I get home.

I am still getting this error on my first computer with Win 7. I have all that UAC crap turned off btw. I used the version of the widget found in this thread. I got the same error boomstick list's below and yes I did select USA as my country. I then tried it on my 2nd computer which is running Win XP instead and using the same settings and info, it works fine!
it's something related to Win 7 I'm thinking. I would really like to be able to run it from both computers.

Yoni,
My error was trying to use the widget for the first time. I had entered my username and password, race length long and number of reserve drivers 1. Hit race and that is all the information I got. Here is the error I am getting

Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 (build 10A50) on 02/25/11 07:38:51.015

Type '/help' for help.

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Documents and Settings\hx36660\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter

Make sure you utilize the free up at least one driver settting... this is what I've been looking at for the past few minutes:

02/25/11 17:22:43.462: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:22:57.098: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:10.450: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:23.242: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:36.735: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:51.032: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:03.908: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:19.499: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:32.809: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:47.849: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:10.595: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:23.696: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:36.686: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:50.808: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:05.591: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:22.858: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:36.772: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:50.453: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:27:05.066: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:27:17.868: All your drivers are in other races!

P.S. app is working great when I have drivers :)

Make sure you utilize the free up at least one driver settting... this is what I've been looking at for the past few minutes:

02/25/11 17:22:43.462: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:22:57.098: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:10.450: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:23.242: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:36.735: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:23:51.032: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:03.908: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:19.499: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:32.809: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:24:47.849: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:10.595: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:23.696: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:36.686: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:25:50.808: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:05.591: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:22.858: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:36.772: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:26:50.453: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:27:05.066: All your drivers are in other races!
02/25/11 17:27:17.868: All your drivers are in other races!

P.S. app is working great when I have drivers :)
Ditto that too! :D I every now and then got that problem.

Do this:
  1. Find the Widget file and duplicate it.
  2. Give each duplicate a unique name. This allows them to have unique settings.
  3. Open each instance one at a time, entering different PSN account credentials in each one.

I don't know how stable that configuration will be. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm old school and I tried that, but it looked like it is storing the variables in the same place, so it ends up being the same account. I looked in the file to see if I could give it some sort of unique instance name but got lost quickly (I'm a good admin, terrible coder).

Yeah, I'm old school and I tried that, but it looked like it is storing the variables in the same place, so it ends up being the same account. I looked in the file to see if I could give it some sort of unique instance name but got lost quickly (I'm a good admin, terrible coder).
Are you trying to use a single PSN account? Their Remote Race API isn't set up for that sort of thing. You need to have 3 PSN accounts on your 3 PS3s.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're right, they're pulling from a common location. Hm... Try this.
  1. Duplicate the Widget and use the Widget Converter to crack open the contents.
  2. Duplicate that folder.
  3. Open Contents/widget.xml and modify the Widget's name and identifier to be unique in both the Widget folders (for example, add a 2 and 3 to the values in the respective files; doesn't matter where).
  4. Save the XML files and convert the Widget folders back into a Flat Widget format.
  5. Launch and configure as you wish.

Last edited:
Another issue appears to be after a few races, it says all my drivers are being used when clearly they are not. i go into the game and check myself.

Last edited:
Another issue appears to be after a few races, it says all my drivers are being used when clearly they are not. i go into the game and check myself.

I can only display what the server is telling me there. :indiff:

Are you trying to use a single PSN account? Their Remote Race API isn't set up for that sort of thing. You need to have 3 PSN accounts on your 3 PS3s.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're right, they're pulling from a common location. Hm... Try this.
  1. Duplicate the Widget and use the Widget Converter to crack open the contents.
  2. Duplicate that folder.
  3. Open Contents/widget.xml and modify the Widget's name and identifier to be unique in both the Widget folders (for example, add a 2 and 3 to the values in the respective files; doesn't matter where).
  4. Save the XML files and convert the Widget folders back into a Flat Widget format.
  5. Launch and configure as you wish.

Complete success (so far)! Thanks for your help. Instead of a # I used the account name so I could more easily identify what was what. When I was prompted for the usernames, it included the account title in the name so that worked perfectly. I can't see the account in the widget, but thats obviously not much of a problem.
success.jpg

Complete success (so far)! Thanks for your help. Instead of a # I used the account name so I could more easily identify what was what. When I was prompted for the usernames, it included the account title in the name so that worked perfectly. I can't see the account in the widget, but thats obviously not much of a problem.
success.jpg
👍

Mousing over the blue helmet will give you a tooltip with your driver's name, your username, and the car your driver is competing in. :)

👍

Mousing over the blue helmet will give you a tooltip with your driver's name, your username, and the car your driver is competing in. :)
Ahh, cool! I had to click though, not just mouse over. (Windows 7 x64)

Anybody else seen this error? Pops up every now and again between races, sometimes more than once... but eventually is able to start a new race. (Haven't had to reload the widget after the error)

TypeError: urlObj.result has no properties (Status.js: Line 66)

EDIT: error has occurred 3 times in 3 hours and has been able to carry on every time- although the second time, the error recurred at least 20 times before the widget was able to start a new race. Just curious as to what this means?

EDIT EDIT: missed this issue back on page 4. Going to do some of my own testing on this.

Last edited:
👍

Ah, about that. Any chance you can make the highlight zones larger? Sometimes I find it hard to actually get the right position to view the driver details. Just a little niggle of mine.

(assuming it's not a problem on my end of course!)

Yonis,

Getting this error when running short races only. Then once the error comes up it will only do the same race over and over. It will not choose one of the other short races.

Edit: Now I am getting the error no matter what the race setting

02/25/11 13:20:39.428: RAW STATUS: Racing.

I also seem to be getting stuck on Selecting Drivers after its been running for a bit but with no errors kicking out

Findings:
-Was running short races as well.
-Widget does NOT choose the same race over and over (even after error).
-Error has not recurred YET after changing race length setting back to 'any'.
-Selecting drivers hang has not occurred on this build for me, although was having a big problem with this on the last build.

Perhaps an issue with the race length selection? Will continue to monitor settings vs error outputs.

Anybody else seen this error? Pops up every now and again between races, sometimes more than once... but eventually is able to start a new race. (Haven't had to reload the widget after the error)

EDIT: error has occurred 3 times in 3 hours and has been able to carry on every time- although the second time, the error recurred at least 20 times before the widget was able to start a new race. Just curious as to what this means?

EDIT EDIT: missed this issue back on page 4. Going to do some of my own testing on this.

Ya, I would be interested to know what that is about. Like I said earlier, I have seen it multiple times myself.

@mentalagain: does your line 66 come back after switching back to 'any length' and reloading? The first time I saw that error was after messing with the race length... it was also the last (so far) after switching it back.

When my box says 4/6 drivers used, does that mean I'm using 1 and 3 other people are using my Bobs?

Also any idea of what that progress bar seems to be? Is it driver level, then overall bspec level?

Here is the error message i am getting, happens everytime I load...

Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Users\Jumangi\Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec_Grinder.widget
02/25/11 19:26:44.003: RAW STATUS: Ready.
02/25/11 19:26:46.406: There's nobody to race!
02/25/11 19:26:46.640: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
02/25/11 19:26:46.780: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)
02/25/11 19:26:46.874: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 3)
02/25/11 19:26:46.874: Could not successfully retrieve data! Will try reconnecting in 5 minutes.
02/25/11 19:26:46.874: Data was as follows:
--------------------------------------------
URL: https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/api/gt5/remoterace/
POST Data: job=7&replay_save=0&_=
Response: ----------------------------------
Could not load URL with POST

When my box says 4/6 drivers used, does that mean I'm using 1 and 3 other people are using my Bobs?

Also any idea of what that progress bar seems to be? Is it driver level, then overall bspec level?

Yonis can correct me if I'm wrong, but:

You are correct, 4/6 does mean you are using one and 3 are being used by your friends. The second number will always be how many drivers you have set to online, the first number will always be how many drivers your friends are using, plus 1 (if you are racing).

The glowing bars as I understand it indicate 2 things: The brighter bar is b-spec level. When that bar is halfway across the width of the app you are at level 40. The dimmer bar to the right is how much xp you have earned using the bot (proportionate to your b-spec level).

Hope that helps. I'm already at lvl 40, but I suppose it's just meant as a visual aid to see your level/progress at a glance.

Back