B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Thanks but the number displayed on the top right hand of the widget is???? cr earned or ex. or ?

Credit in the bank plus combined prize credit for all of your drivers. In other words, when you cash in all of your prize money, the number displayed will equal the amount you would have in your bank.

Any time frame for the latest version that doesn't have this error in it to be released?

TypeError: urlObj.result has no properties (Status.js: Line 66)

I seem to get it after every race now, and it causes the widget to lock up every other race, but I never had any issues in the previous version.

He can't connect to my ps3:

02/26/11 19:33:43.354: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:33:52.701: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:03.424: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:12.678: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:23.245: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:32.725: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:43.178: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:52.704: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:35:02.792: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.

What do I have to do to get it working? I downloaded this to my laptop, and don't have wireless network thingy.

Wienish
He can't connect to my ps3:

02/26/11 19:33:43.354: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:33:52.701: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:03.424: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:12.678: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:23.245: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:32.725: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:43.178: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:34:52.704: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.
02/26/11 19:35:02.792: RAW STATUS: PS3 is disconnected.

What do I have to do to get it working? I downloaded this to my laptop, and don't have wireless network thingy.

You need to put the PS3 into server mode. Otherwise it won't connect.

this is very much a cool app to have available for this game, being able to select the users it should pool drivers from would be a most useful addition. I find that only select users use my drivers and it would be nice to give them preferential treatment!

Equally, I have just ran 25 matches and I've collated each races drivers and ranked them as to how much the app used a friends drivers so i know who's drivers im using the most and importantly who'd im using the least so if i do a manual setup i can pick the least used friends to give them some extra support.

*Key thing to note though the least used 'friends' are the ones that have the least shared drivers available.

I'm also running the app for 2-4 hours or so daily and nearly the whole weekend, so just add me, you can see my PSN ID's in my profile :)

this widget really helped me. thanks so much for this. i'll be using this quite a lot now
feel free to add me, but only if ur planning to host a few races in return

I've added a lot of people in this thread. now running races with 12 drivers. Still space for 4 more drivers! Add me if you haven't done so, I'll be running races day&night for a a good while!
psn yannc

I do have this suggestion to make this widget even more usefull. Well, actually, it are a few suggestions :)

1. Manually select players which should be used for Remote Races. Maybe it would be cool if you could select a few players who get double or trice the chance to be chosen. For example: LamboLP640 used my bobs last night, and I would like to do him a favor. I have 52 friends in my friend list playing Gran Turismo, and lets say there are 35 with bobs for remote racing. Most of them have about 5-6 bobs online, lets say 5. That makes 175 bobs total, and only 6 of them are from LamboLP640. 4% chance one of his bobs get selected for the race. Okay, there are 15 drivers. That makes 60% chance there will be one selected. The chance that all of his bobs get selected, is just nihil. So i simply can't help him out by using this widget.

2. Possibility to select specific circuit. I've heard people saying Nascar races give more xp, and I can understand why this should be. People are just pressed way more on each other, so unlike on Grand Valley or this other track, it's possible to climb from position 12 to position 3 in only 2-3 laps. That makes this track exciting in my opinion. The leaps are smaller, the excitement is way higher and the xp-payout should be more. It would be cool if I could select in the Racing menu that I only want to race on Nascar, just like someone else prefers Grand Valley, for example.

3. Select driver's level limits. A level 40 bob will definitely win from a level 10 one. That's a fact. It's also just a fact that a level 40 bob won't gain as much xp from winning a level 10 one, as he gets when he wins from a level 38 one. If you could select level limits per race on bobs, 20-30 for example (so all bobs are level 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30), just to gain more xp by yourself, and to let other people gain more xp from racing.

I would like to know how you guys think about these things!

I've added a lot of people in this thread. now running races with 12 drivers. Still space for 4 more drivers! Add me if you haven't done so, I'll be running races day&night for a a good while!
psn yannc

you should go back to the gt5 menu several times. Then your friend list resets and the recently added friends will also get the chance to be selected for races :)

you should go back to the gt5 menu several times. Then your friend list resets and the recently added friends will also get the chance to be selected for races :)

Yeah, done that 15 min ago and I could see all the new psn friends in gran-turismo.com.
Will check again after dinner.

yannc
so, can we build a list of psn using the widget? I'd love to see all my 5 drivers busy :)

mine is "yannc"

I got you added.... I tried putting your bobs in but they are busy... Lol

I will be running all evening so I should be able to get them in for a few.

Is there a bigger payoff for doing the longer races? If not then I will run a bunch of short races.

I have been running the app no problem for the past 24h with only 3 drivers but now that I have over 12 (with all the recently added friends), it seems to get stuck in "selecting drivers".. did it twice in the last hour :(

I have been running the app no problem for the past 24h with only 3 drivers but now that I have over 12 (with all the recently added friends), it seems to get stuck in "selecting drivers".. did it twice in the last hour :(

This happens from time to time. Fairly frequently with me. Yonis is aware and is working on it among other bug fixes. Even with the errors, still 100 times better than doing it manually. 👍

I do have this suggestion to make this widget even more usefull. Well, actually, it are a few suggestions :)

1. Manually select players which should be used for Remote Races. Maybe it would be cool if you could select a few players who get double or trice the chance to be chosen. For example: LamboLP640 used my bobs last night, and I would like to do him a favor. I have 52 friends in my friend list playing Gran Turismo, and lets say there are 35 with bobs for remote racing. Most of them have about 5-6 bobs online, lets say 5. That makes 175 bobs total, and only 6 of them are from LamboLP640. 4% chance one of his bobs get selected for the race. Okay, there are 15 drivers. That makes 60% chance there will be one selected. The chance that all of his bobs get selected, is just nihil. So i simply can't help him out by using this widget.

2. Possibility to select specific circuit. I've heard people saying Nascar races give more xp, and I can understand why this should be. People are just pressed way more on each other, so unlike on Grand Valley or this other track, it's possible to climb from position 12 to position 3 in only 2-3 laps. That makes this track exciting in my opinion. The leaps are smaller, the excitement is way higher and the xp-payout should be more. It would be cool if I could select in the Racing menu that I only want to race on Nascar, just like someone else prefers Grand Valley, for example.

3. Select driver's level limits. A level 40 bob will definitely win from a level 10 one. That's a fact. It's also just a fact that a level 40 bob won't gain as much xp from winning a level 10 one, as he gets when he wins from a level 38 one. If you could select level limits per race on bobs, 20-30 for example (so all bobs are level 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30), just to gain more xp by yourself, and to let other people gain more xp from racing.

I would like to know how you guys think about these things!

*uche*

Worked great so far yesterday while I was at work

Got about 10 races done with no problems until the very end, some type of Line error, but I was heading home anyway so I just closed the widget

Errored out last night with the Line 66. Made it through 7 hours of auto racing though while I was asleep.

Started it up today and it got hung up on selecting drivers. Had to reload the widget but has been going fine now for almost 2 hours.

It keeps telling me that my drivers are in other races, but that's untrue. Also tells me that the server sends either wrong or bad data.

Nothing a good reload couldn't fix. Actually, the reload didn't fix it.

This happens from time to time. Fairly frequently with me. Yonis is aware and is working on it among other bug fixes. Even with the errors, still 100 times better than doing it manually. 👍

True, it is a real pain to add all the drivers manually!

Fixed in my dev version; the Widget was not getting any response from the server, which is crucial for a sequential request. Fixed by setting a timer on all new URL requests which fires when the request times out.
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
Fixed in my dev version, sort of. The problem is caused by not being able to connect to the PSN authentication server and/or the GT5 country server you've selected in the preferences, which likely means either they're blocked by your ISP/workplace, they're offline, or you have no Internet connection. I've put a quick sanity test at the beginning to check connectivity to those two servers and it alerts you when it can't find it.
TypeError: result[result.length -1] has no properties (Status.js:Line 97)
Fixed in my dev version. Caused by a race condition where the update timer was firing off a request while another one was still waiting to complete.

Not too much longer, guys...

I am wondering if the widget will pick a driver even if it's the last one someone has... I read a few posts about people complaining when their last driver is picked... I have one driver not shared so that I can always have one if I want to... I mean the extra cr and xp that the 1 driver might gain you is worth risking so that I can ensure I always have a driver at my requests.

Back