B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Well, I only have an iPhone... As I do UI design for a living, I'm waiting for a good iPod-touch-like Android device so I don't have to get on a contract to have one for day-to-day use.

It would be harder to actually automate races from your device, because it would have to continuously make network requests in the background, and that would totally drain your battery. But I suppose if I were to make a mobile app, it would let you check on your race status, your drivers' experience and credits, and also let you adjust everything you can select in the Driver Manager on the Widget — the Widget would then update its settings based on what you chose on the phone.

Of course, this is all theoretical — I've only built a very primitive iOS app so far.

v2.0 running perfect just had 1 issue but i think its cleared now. The widget just said "starting race" but the race had already started...any answers people..?

By the way if any1 want to add me my PSN ID is sabzking --> I do race a lot but wont b racing yours if you dont race mine. @Yonis --> Your legen...DARY!! an awesome app and hopefully it gets better and better!!!

DONATE!!! :-)

The widget doesn't seem to using newly added friends' drivers. I've left it for over an hour to see if it will update them but no luck so far. Just a little concerned as I don't want people to get the impression I'm only adding them to leach off them.

Even so, this is a fantastic tool. Great work.

I think that they are harder to get onto the App Store since they have to meet a long list of stringent rules.

Androids market is open, so apps are always accepted

If the OP knows Java, c++, and a few others. He could probably produce a simple android app that does the same thing.

The widget doesn't seem to using newly added friends' drivers. I've left it for over an hour to see if it will update them but no luck so far. Just a little concerned as I don't want people to get the impression I'm only adding them to leach off them.

It refreshes hourly, but note that it takes your friend list from the website, and the website takes a while to update.

What someone needs to invent is a way to reconnect the PS3 to my poor wireless network when it goes down. And it goes down more often than a two bit $**(#$ on pay day.

I have no friends on my friends list. How doo I add friends if my IRL friends don't play GT5?

There is a thread with people posting their PSN id's asking to be added. Write a bunch of those names down and shotgun some 'be my friend' requests. Shoot me one, I'll add you. Sancho_Pwnza77.

Last edited:

The best thing to do when adding new friends to your list, is to go to the GT web site, and log off, then log back on. It will usually add all the new friends.

If you see a "?" buy the friends name in the widget, that is usually the same problem. The widget sees the new friend, but the GT web site does not recognize the new friend. Log off, then back on. You should be able to view the new friends profile, if you can, the widget will be able to select them for races now.

Oh, wicked video Yonis. You have the voice for voice overs!

Thanks heaps for this, cool widget, easy to use, and loads upo the remote races about 400times faster than my android phone!!!!! thanks again

I just noticed, with the manage drivers option, it does not save the order you drag your friends list into, it rearranges itself alphabetically when you open the manage drivers window again.

I have all my friends in the reciprocate section but can't order them into the most to least wanted used, like i can for my drivers.

Not sure if this is a bug or if it was not a option from the start.

using osx 10.6

I just noticed, with the manage drivers option, it does not save the order you drag your friends list into, it rearranges itself alphabetically when you open the manage drivers window again.

I have all my friends in the reciprocate section but can't order them into the most to least wanted used, like i can for my drivers.

Not sure if this is a bug or if it was not a option from the start.

using osx 10.6

It reverts to an alphabetical sort for readability, since the order in the reciprocate/random use section is managed by the Widget. What I really should do is not allow rearranging items in the sometimes/never use sections, and just have items snap into their alphabetical slot. However, that's a considerable amount of work, given that I had to write those lists from scratch.

I loaded the widget onto my laptop (running Vista) and I was able to get the extra feature working fine.

Many thanks to everyone for your time, help and suggestions to my questions and, of course, a HUGE thank you to Yonis for developing and providing the app for us all.

Cheers,
Amateur1.

Could we get an Android and iPhone app? Be way cool.

This has been asked many times already.
So let me answer your question with an quote from the previous page.

Well, I only have an iPhone... As I do UI design for a living, I'm waiting for a good iPod-touch-like Android device so I don't have to get on a contract to have one for day-to-day use.

It would be harder to actually automate races from your device, because it would have to continuously make network requests in the background, and that would totally drain your battery. But I suppose if I were to make a mobile app, it would let you check on your race status, your drivers' experience and credits, and also let you adjust everything you can select in the Driver Manager on the Widget — the Widget would then update its settings based on what you chose on the phone.

Of course, this is all theoretical — I've only built a very primitive iOS app so far.

I tried first with wireless, but it did not work, so now I use the wired connection to my PS3 and it works fine. Thank yonis for widget and thank soniae74 for Link

Hi ppl,
I have a question???, I all of my bob's turn last in all the races??, I can they drive a litter better??? sorry if a dumb question, do they need more training?

Thanks for the replays

When I open the 2.0 debug window on my mac I can't type in the text box. I can only paste into it, but no typing. The first time I got to the debug window I think I could do anything, but maybe I pasted the whole string, not sure, I forget. Now nothing.

Also what is the deal with getting la sarthe? I live in usa, select usa on gt.com site long ago first time I logged into it. Set up singapore in grinder since usa server sucks. This info should be on first page of thread with step by step info. So should how to get into debug window.

Edit:
Yes, please add ability to specify races for a much easier way of selecting the tracks.
Also it'd be nice to see how much $ others have earned for us. So we know what friend earned x amount for our drivers, both individually and globally for our bobs.

It'd be nice if the grinder said what track it is using at the moment. And in the window to select long, short or random races, put in there all the tracks so we could select which one. Like in the pull down menu all tracks listed as well as long, short, random. Then we could select one specific and it'd be the only one used.

Grinder rocks Yonis, thanks. I'd donate, but don't and won't use paypal.

Last edited:
Also what is the deal with getting la sarthe? I live in usa, select usa on gt.com site long ago first time I logged into it. Set up singapore in grinder since usa server sucks. This info should be on first page of thread with step by step info. So should how to get into debug window.

If you're trying to run only La Sarthe, you not only need to input (in your case, paste) the relative Singapore server Le Sarthe code into the debug window, but you also need to log into the Singapore GT.com web site or the race codes will not match. http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/
Code:
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]preferences.preferredRace.value = [B]11611;[/B][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back