B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
I am having the same type of trouble today.

I logged into the GT website and can run races manually from there. But if I start up the grinder it hangs on verify, then says cannot connect to Sony servers.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the widget with no luck. I have been talking with Remo_of_Oz and he is able to get the grinder to work on his end. I have no idea what is causing this issue.

Hmm, mine isn't working. Was working fine up until 5am GMT, then it came across a temporary server issue, and after a while, and since then, it comes up with an error:

TypeError: cookieArray[j].match(this.regEx.propName) has no properties (Cookies.js: Line 123)

Not sure what's happening there, but that's what it tells me now.

Edit: Maybe posting this was all I had to do? I've just tried it one more time before forgetting about it for today, and voila, it works again!

Last edited:
Not working here in UK since about 10:45 last night. Server not available due to maintenance, but its back up and all sites are reachable.

Widget wont start and indicates Temp Server issues.

Now for the strange bit. I have my widget set for UK... I tried to sign into EU GT site... it lets me it but I get an error msg:

Unable to open the internet site
https://eu.gran-turismo/gb/gt5/user/muz_55/.page

I sign into the US GT site an no error msg... strange...

I check my Widget setup... it says UK... So I change it to US and suddenly there you go it works !!!

Must have been some sort of security chg in the last PSN update.

Only 13 hr lost of grinding.

-------------------------------------------------------------

But alas it has notworked... got to reserving drivers and then I got the temp server issue again...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I would try... so I rest the country again back to UK...

Again it kicked back into life and this time has started a race... !!!

I've been logged in and running races since 11:30 CST last night. The first time it tried to log in it said server maintenance but it worked then second time. Also, it has been running great since I set reservation time back to 0.

Not working anymore with the UK server here as well. Using the GT5 My Home web page is working though. I'm getting the same error as doctorrg.

yonis, how long does it take for the manage driver screen to update your friends list...been acouple days and still no update of friends list?
Polyphony's server maintains a separate friend list from PSN which is synced through your PS3. You and your friend both need to sign into the community section of GT5 before Polyphony's server knows you two are friends.

Just uploaded a quick patch for people who can't log in anymore. It may take a relaunch before it works again.

Don't know what you did but it works again thanks to your patch. I applaud you on your quick reaction on the issue at hand.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I have the Grinder set up but it only ever picks 5 drivers for a race when i have friends with 6 drivers each.

Anyone else have this problem?

I leave the Grinder on all day so anyone want to add me AlienTitWrench

im fed up with only 1 of my drivers getting specced up so looking for someone to return the favour. cheers.

Hi all,

my grinder always only picks one of my bob's and 5 others, when there are plenty of other ones unused by my friends.

Anyone know why this is happening? and know a solution?

i cant remote race when i chech at manage drivers there are 0 drivers at my friend list but i know i have engouf friends . :S whats the problem with that because it wont start a race now :S. really sorry for the bad english.

P.S : never mind i did force reahantice something something :P. and all my friend came back at the manage drivers list .

The last two times I loaded up the widget on my PC it ran two races and then failed. Now I'm not able to get them running again. I have the widget set to automatically start and to monitor the network.

Just a quick question...

I know next to nothing about this stuff, but does anyone else know what's to stop someone from grabbing our username/password info from this.

I'm not referring to the creator/OP, but more anonymous persons of questionable motives that enjoy using that sort of information for their own ends.

Like I said, I know zilch about it, but are our passwords and usernames "stored" anywhere when we fire this up??

AlienT1tWrench
Hi all,

my grinder always only picks one of my bob's and 5 others, when there are plenty of other ones unused by my friends.

Anyone know why this is happening? and know a solution?

You can only race 1 of your own in any race. Workaround: create a second account, friend your main account, then you can run 1 on your secondary and 6 of your primary. Ez money/XP. Bingo.

All I get is "temporary server issue" then it says:

Make sure you can connect to the following addresses:

store.playstation.com
www.gran-turismo.com
eu.gran-turismo.com
us.gran-turismo.com

Then it verifies the internet connection. Don't know what to do anymore, I'm connected to the gran-turismo.com website, my PS3 is on server mode and nothing happens, besides that message. I'm on wifi.

What else can I do ?

NEVERMIND ! I found out how to make it work !

Last edited:
Back