B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
HanibalII92
Ok awesome. So does everybody still use the widget mentioned in the first post of this thread? or has there been an updated version?

Cheers :)

So far as I know the version in OP is the only one. Development has been halted.

The widget has not been updated in years and the first post was edited to reflect the latest widget release. You have to play with it a little bit (I need to log into another country and then back to my home country each time I start it) but it still works great.

The widget has not been updated in years and the first post was edited to reflect the latest widget release. You have to play with it a little bit (I need to log into another country and then back to my home country each time I start it) but it still works great.

Yeah, I'm just a little cautious with using it.

I'd run it from my secondary account wouldnt I? and It'd add drivers from each of the friends of the secondary account (Hopefully adding heaps from my primary account?)

I'd run it from my secondary account wouldnt I? and It'd add drivers from each of the friends of the secondary account (Hopefully adding heaps from my primary account?)

You can log in with only one account at a time, since it contacts the website and then the website accesses your PS3 to run the race itself. Your PS3 can't run 2 remote races at once. :)

HanibalII92

Yes, you host/run the race from your secondary account (that is also logged into your PS3), and then adding your friends drivers (incl. all/most of your own primary account's online drivers). But be sure to fill up the race with ordinary friends drivers, as the payout gets higher with a full field.

Cheers. :)

My friends are not listed on the widget "manage driver" apparatus. I assume some sort of reload may take place to fix this, as I have not been on GT5 or the widget in some time. I do have friends to race, and have today via the original race facility, but again, these friends are not listed and therefor I have nobody to race through the widget. What should I do?

Bwootzabaa
My friends are not listed on the widget "manage driver" apparatus. I assume some sort of reload may take place to fix this, as I have not been on GT5 or the widget in some time. I do have friends to race, and have today via the original race facility, but again, these friends are not listed and therefor I have nobody to race through the widget. What should I do?

Set the server to Spain in the widget settings.

What I ALWAYS do when I start the widget is first sign in to an European country, then back to Canada. I'm American but I live in the northeastern part so I'm sure I'm much closer to Canada than I am to California (where I'm sure the American GT5 server is).

I do that because my friends' list is always empty when the widget is run, so moving back-and-forth get them to show up then I have to move them in terms of racing frequency. 5 minutes of work for hours and hours of uninterrupted B-Speccing. ;)

I've been using the Spain server exclusively. Whenever I move it back to US or Canada the widget won't pull any drivers and races start and end in seconds with no drivers. At least that's how it was the last time I did any bspec grinding. It's been a couple of weeks.

i cant even get it started, i use a macbook pro and idk how to get to debug mode. i downloaded the widget but now what? i went to download yahoo widgets but its not available as a desktop whatever.. what do i do?

i cant even get it started, i use a macbook pro and idk how to get to debug mode. i downloaded the widget but now what? i went to download yahoo widgets but its not available as a desktop whatever.. what do i do?

It's in your Applications folder in the Macintosh HD. Open it up and it appears as a retractable menu at the side of your screen, move your mouse over it and click on the helmet. I use it on a Macbook White 13" so I know it works fine for me.

please assist. just installed it yesterday. getting this in the logs. I have lots of friends. Updating credits display. Difference: 0
Reserving first available driver with the least experience. Name: M.Madden Class: 33 Exp.: 0 Credits: 0
2013.02.14 18:02:02.746: There's nobody to race!
Updating credits display. Difference: 0
Reserving first available driver with the least experience. Name: M.Madden Class: 33 Exp.: 0 Credits: 0
2013.02.14 18:02:25.095: There's nobody to race!

Anthraxitus
please assist. just installed it yesterday. getting this in the logs. I have lots of friends. Updating credits display. Difference: 0
2013.02.14 18:02:02.746: There's nobody to race!
2013.02.14 18:02:25.095: There's nobody to race!

Set server to Spain in the widget settings.

I have a problem with this widget, it won't show my friend's drivers, there is nothing on that list. My friends drivers are shared and my friends are on my friends list. How come..?

So far as I know the version in OP is the only one. Development has been halted.

This is now official, as per my edit on the original post. Please let me know if you have a version that you want me to link to there.

I'm sorry that I can't continue development myself, however I'm genuinely grateful that so many people are still using this Widget, months after I ceased development. I hope it continues to be useful in the future. Thank you! :)

I have a problem with this widget, it won't show my friend's drivers, there is nothing on that list. My friends drivers are shared and my friends are on my friends list. How come..?

The answer is several posts above yours. If you don't see friends, sign the widget into another country and your friends will show up. Either run the races there or login back to your local country and the friends list will have your friends. My friends NEVER show up whenever I run the widget for the first time for a particular day.

The answer is several posts above yours. If you don't see friends, sign the widget into another country and your friends will show up. Either run the races there or login back to your local country and the friends list will have your friends. My friends NEVER show up whenever I run the widget for the first time for a particular day.
Thank you so much! It fixed the problem. Thank you. :)

yonis
This is now official, as per my edit on the original post. Please let me know if you have a version that you want me to link to there.

I'm sorry that I can't continue development myself, however I'm genuinely grateful that so many people are still using this Widget, months after I ceased development. I hope it continues to be useful in the future. Thank you! :)

Thanks yonis, for your intellectual gifts and this fairly painless way to make GT5 currency and grind up bspec levels.

I can only hope you or someone with your talents and skills picks up the ball when GT6 comes out and something like this is required.

:cheers:

any idea what could be wrong? Updating credits display. Difference: 0
2013.03.05 21:49:26.493: RAW STATUS: Ready.
Reserving a driver at random. Name: M.Lahtinen Class: 25 Exp.: 333550 Credits: 187.610
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: H.Dixon
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: G.Pauwels
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: V.Hale
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: Y.Kino****a
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: N.Blake
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: R.Millet
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: M.Madden
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: H.De La Torre
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: T.Sosa
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: F.Gallardo
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT-Chibi Name: V.Richard
Server refused to reserve TFT_Anthraxitus's driver even though it said it was free.
Server refused to reserve TFT_Anthraxitus's driver even though it said it was free.
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_GLvdWalt Name: T.Pena
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_GLvdWalt Name: K.Leskinen
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Noodlez49 Name: B.Rosi
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Noodlez49 Name: D.Austin
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: netiqflo Name: T.Oshima
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: Far_King_Ell Name: A.Suzuki
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: infyza Name: J.Gomez
2013.03.05 21:50:20.880: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
2013.03.05 21:50:24.344: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)

any idea what could be wrong? Updating credits display. Difference: 0
2013.03.05 21:49:26.493: RAW STATUS: Ready.
Reserving a driver at random. Name: M.Lahtinen Class: 25 Exp.: 333550 Credits: 187.610
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: H.Dixon
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: G.Pauwels
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: V.Hale
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: Y.Kino****a
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_aldca5 Name: N.Blake
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: R.Millet
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: M.Madden
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: H.De La Torre
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: T.Sosa
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Anthraxitus Name: F.Gallardo
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT-Chibi Name: V.Richard
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_GLvdWalt Name: T.Pena
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_GLvdWalt Name: K.Leskinen
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Noodlez49 Name: B.Rosi
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: TFT_Noodlez49 Name: D.Austin
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: netiqflo Name: T.Oshima
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: Far_King_Ell Name: A.Suzuki
Reserving a friend's driver. PSN: infyza Name: J.Gomez
2013.03.05 21:50:20.880: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
2013.03.05 21:50:24.344: Server sent bad data. Retrying. (Attempt 2)

I have cleared network cache, changed countries, tried everything. PLease help!!!!

Recommend you start back here and read from there forward for the discussion from GraphiteGB, myself and others, specifically regarding uninstalling/re-installing the widget.

So, I downloaded everything I had to, but when I try to install it, there is no option for Greece in the countries section. What should I do?

Yeah, I'm thinking Sony got wise and changed something. Every time I load it up on a European server, it finds everyone and begins to load up a race, until it comes time to pick my Bob, then it show that all six of my Bobs are racing. None of them were being used. If I try to use North America or Canada's server, I can't get my friends to show up. Unless I first log into a European server, then immediately log into N.A. But I then, have an issue with it saying all of my Bobs are being used.

I'm sure its something small that needs to be updated in the widget. But I'm still several semesters away from being able to do that, and the creator has moved on to green pastures. I got a feeling the widget for GT5 is on its death bed.

Yeah, I'm thinking Sony got wise and changed something. Every time I load it up on a European server, it finds everyone and begins to load up a race, until it comes time to pick my Bob, then it show that all six of my Bobs are racing. None of them were being used. If I try to use North America or Canada's server, I can't get my friends to show up. Unless I first log into a European server, then immediately log into N.A. But I then, have an issue with it saying all of my Bobs are being used.

I'm sure its something small that needs to be updated in the widget. But I'm still several semesters away from being able to do that, and the creator has moved on to green pastures. I got a feeling the widget for GT5 is on its death bed.

Oh well anyway, could someone who's widget is working add me for remote races?

Back