B-Spec in GT7?

• Thread starter Raf997
  • 30 comments

Do you see B-Spec coming to GT7 with future updates?

• Total voters
Italy
Italy
Kaz said there's a good chance of B-Spec returning in this game. Is it going to be added with future updates or will they hold it back for GT8?

I thought that was found left in game code.
AFAIK, it also got mentioned by Kaz with the possibility of returning with future updates back at the time when GT7 came out. But it is not a guarantee, just a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes till the next year but wouldn't hold my breath either. They could possibly saving it for GT8. Time will tell :)

Last edited:
No one but PD knows, so why even bother including “I don’t know” in the poll?

Also, having the option to vote no without reference to GT8 would have been ideal.

One thing I do know is that we all want B-Spec, but it's only really useful for long races and championships, of which there aren't many, and true-to-life endurance races of which there are none.

If they're workin on B-Spec I have to imagine they're trying to create a thoroughly engaging mode which honestly is not what I want. At least I think I would prefer a more basic coaching design, a little more advanced than the old games but not much. I don't want to use it to grind but I do want to use it to relax. There are actually quite a few real-life situations where I can't be bothered to play GT7 because it's too difficult, like when I'm sick for example, and a simplified and relaxing B-Spec mode might allow me to still play the game without having to be fully engaged. Or when I'm just being lazy and don't feel like concentrating fully.

One thing I do know is that we all want B-Spec,
Many do. Looks at AFK "grinders" and points

I'd use it in two instances:
  1. Do personal 24hour races. I start off in the evening, switch off before I go to bed, maybe take a stint before work (unlikely,) follow the race when I can from my phone, get home and (hopefully) finish the race.
  2. Race other B-Spec drivers. Not so much for the credits (though that would be an added bonus) but more for bragging rights. They had that in GT5? GT6? I'm old so I can't remember.
Or when I'm just being lazy and don't feel like concentrating fully.
No hate on that game! Sometimes we get so tired we refer to ourselves in third person multiple . . .

I played it once on GT4 and just didn't see the point. I'd rather be driving.
I'd much rather drive as well, but I know I have my limits. Even if I could have 24 hours free to drive in the game, I'm not going to be able to do what @Tidgney did and do a 24-hour race by myself.

Freaking legend, that man is.

I'd also like to coach the driver(s) and see how well I could push the A.I. to be clean and fast. Easy to say; difficult to do.

1. Do personal 24hour races. I start off in the evening, switch off before I go to bed, maybe take a stint before work (unlikely,) follow the race when I can from my phone, get home and (hopefully) finish the race.
  2. Race other B-Spec drivers. Not so much for the credits (though that would be an added bonus) but more for bragging rights. They had that in GT5? GT6? I'm old so I can't remember.

No hate on that game! Sometimes we get so tired we refer to ourselves in third person multiple . . .

I'd much rather drive as well, but I know I have my limits. Even if I could have 24 hours free to drive in the game, I'm not going to be able to do what @Tidgney did and do a 24-hour race by myself.

I'd also like to coach the driver(s) and see how well I could push the A.I. to be clean and fast. Easy to say; difficult to do.
I don't remember how long it took me to complete the 24 hour races in GT4 but I imagine it took up to three days. I was playing the game in 2005 and 2006...still in high school, so even while ignoring my homework I could still only hammer in about 4 hours a night. The trick is I was letting Bob run at a moderate pace while I was doing my chores. Not sure what I did while I was sleeping or away but I assume I just paused it and let my PS2 burn to the ground. Did GT4 have save points during pit stops? If not, PD would definitely have to implement that.

Kaz said there's a good chance of B-Spec returning in this game. Is it going to be added with future updates or will they hold it back for GT8?
It's a faint hope but there should be an editor to fix the parameters/choices and rules for each race, would've been much better. B-spec only reduces the boring grinding part.

Think I was more stupid than anything to do that haha! But hey it was an achievement. One thing I did in GT4 was leave the race running for 8 hours while I slept. Went to bed ahead, came back to being last (May have been another GT, I know B Spec wasnt available). Then had the race to the finish.

I'd love a B-Spec though, with driver change animation and such. Would be good fun.

I don't. I never understood the fascination with watching the game play itself. The whole point (for me) is to drive/race the cars myself. I don't want to see B-Spec return to GT.
The great thing about B-Spec in GT4 was that it was entirely optional, yet could be useful for players who either, enjoyed watching the races and/or didn't have the time or desire to complete certain events themselves.

I would welcome it back if it remained optional, but I doubt we'll see it return in GT7 due to the intended nature of the grind and inclusion of MTX's. I wouldn't like it to be like GT5 where it has it's own parralel career, seperate to the main one.

If I were ever fortunate enough to design a Gran Turismo clone I would include a kind of B-Spec by allowing the player to hire AI drivers to either race for them, or to race with them by entering more than one car into a race or swapping drivers during pit stops.

Last edited:
I don't remember how long it took me to complete the 24 hour races in GT4 but I imagine it took up to three days. I was playing the game in 2005 and 2006...still in high school, so even while ignoring my homework I could still only hammer in about 4 hours a night. The trick is I was letting Bob run at a moderate pace while I was doing my chores. Not sure what I did while I was sleeping or away but I assume I just paused it and let my PS2 burn to the ground. Did GT4 have save points during pit stops? If not, PD would definitely have to implement that.
Yeah I did the Nurburgring 24h one on GT4. Took me the best part of 2 days with sleeping and eating taken into account. I later read an article which listed it as one on the top 10 hardest feats in gaming to complete (at the time). Filled me with pride.

The only real benefit in B-Spec lies in 24h endurances. Of course we have none, with PD yet to deliver what they promised, let alone any endurance longer than 1 hour for that matter.

However, with an online connection being mandatory, I think mid-session saves should be a thing (e.g. saving the race progress while in the pits)

Last edited:
Pd could add b-spec with a new mode where you train sophy (or another ai) with "virtual" drivers in a management mode and than you could use these drivers in the existing races.
(I want to see a very "aggresive" ai to race engine swapped cars in a daytonna 1h race :D)

I was doing them in 6 hours stint. wake up at 8.30, eat, restroom, get on for 6 hours, then 2 hours break and back for 6 hours, then shower and sleep, repeat the next day.

I don't. I never understood the fascination with watching the game play itself. The whole point (for me) is to drive/race the cars myself. I don't want to see B-Spec return to GT.
I don’t think there’s much fascination surrounding it. It was just a practical thing to have. For example, in GT5 you had six AI driver slots, and your PSN friends could challenge them to a race against their own drivers. You were basically printing credits while not even having your PS3 switched on. Not happening in 2024 though. Different climate now.

One thing I do know is that we all want B-Spec

Do we? Do we all want B spec?

Are there really Sunday cup races or even 1 hour pausible mission races that require B Spec Bob to fill in?

Sure 4 hours of Spa Bob fill your boots. 3 laps of goodwood....not so sure.

Do we? Do we all want B spec?

Are there really Sunday cup races or even 1 hour pausible mission races that require B Spec Bob to fill in?

Sure 4 hours of Spa Bob fill your boots. 3 laps of goodwood....not so sure.
Lots of people have commented this but it's irrelevant. A lot of people do want B-Spec, and the people who don't can simply not use it. How bout that 🙃

The great thing about B-Spec in GT4 was that it was entirely optional, yet could be useful for players who either, enjoyed watching the races and/or didn't have the time or desire to complete certain events themselves.

I would welcome it back if it remained optional, but I doubt we'll see it return in GT7 due to the intended nature of the grind and inclusion of MTX's. I wouldn't like it to be like GT5 where it has it's own parralel career, seperate to the main one.

If I were ever fortunate enough to design a Gran Turismo clone I would include a kind of B-Spec by allowing the player to hire AI drivers to either race for them, or to race with them by entering more than one car into a race or swapping drivers during pit stops.
Extremely few GT4/5 players actually raced the full 24h races. GT6 was much better by limiting the few longest races, 24 minutes is about perfect since also one must drive the last lap after 24 minutes past, then it could be another 6 minutes if on Nurburgring. Some endurance races in GT3 'only' took 30 minutes to 1 hour.

B-Spec and a complimentary app to manage my garage, tune cars, and so on are two features I can get behind.

Many aspects of GT7 are time consuming and don't actually require you to be sat in front of your TV. It would be cool to carry out some GT7 maintenance while on my lunch break at work!

I voted yes, but only if the B-spec mode will be some kind of racing manager.

You know, you build and manage your own racing team: hire drivers, hire engineers, pit crew etc., prepare cars for a race, then be a part of the racing to tell the drivers how to drive. Like a proper racing manager.

Then you can use your team to prepare to endurance races and switch yourself with your crew members, the game will simulate AI driving shifts or you can watch them drive, then driving few hours races would be fun and realistic.

Using the Sophy AI to full potental would be very cool in this conditions.

But it needs to be done properly not like in GT4 or GT6.

Back