Back To The Future! - The De Lorean Photo Thread

• Thread starter Mettsemmel
  • 30 comments
skyli200
Hey guys!

I can't help but think of Back To The Future, every time I see a De Lorean.

So I decided to try taking photographs of it, in a way that reminds one even more of this great movie.

Since it's not possible to achieve burning skid marks ;) I tried shots with spinning wheels which create heavy smoke and with backfire.

My first attempts (both HDR with Photomatix):

specialstageroute71089t.jpg

Tone Mapped with Grunge Enhancer + added the B2tF lettering in Photoshop

specialstageroute712fus.jpg

Fused with standard settings

I'd be very happy if someone else tries something like that :)

So feel free to post your own shots!

flying_dolorean.jpg

"Hi friends, Goldie Wilson III for Wilson Hover Conversion Systems. You know, when my Grandpa was Mayor of Hill Valley, he had to worry about traffic problems. But now, you don't have to worry about traffic. I'll hover convert your old road car into a skyway flyer! For only $39,999.95. So come on down and see me Goldie Wilson III, at any one of our 29 convenient locations. Remember, keep 'em flying! " :lol:

That's an awesome picture nizmo_bro :dopey:

Why what happens then, I got up to 88mph and nothing happened.

You have to press Triangle, Triangle, Square, X, Triangle, Circle in that moment and then after a short loading screen, you're in the '55-Edition of GT5, where you can drive all the great cars of that time, such as the Porsche 550 Spyder or the Chevrolet Bel Air. Seriously. Try it.

You have to press Triangle, Triangle, Square, X, Triangle, Circle in that moment and then after a short loading screen, you're in the '55-Edition of GT5, where you can drive all the great cars of that time, such as the Porsche 550 Spyder or the Chevrolet Bel Air. Seriously. Try it.

Yea,it was awesome! Once I tried pressing O instead of square and went to the future! The best easter egg in any game! Srsly!

That would have been pretty cool if it was true :P

You forgot to mention that they need to buy the Flux Capacitor upgrade. These fatheads were gonna try and time travel without it!

While I certainly can't compete with nizmo_bro's epic shots (they are awesome, btw!), here are a few of my DeLorean shots.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1-1.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3.jpg

And, using the "Neon" effect thingy on Photobucket.com I ended up with these..

EigerNordwandShortTrack_5-1.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_6-1.jpg

Back