Back up problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter the-mont
  • 8 comments
  • 1,232 views
Messages
487
Messages
monty
I just bought a WD portable 500gb hard drive, and when I want to back up the save filed it just keep on showing the "connect storage media at the save destination" . Any ideas of why?
 
The HDD needs to be formatted to FAT32. I know I just backed up and replaced my HDD in my PS3 recently.
I don't think you can actually back up your save file at this point but you can back up the entire PS3 and not lose anything.

There is an App by HP you should be able to find(sorry I will see if I can find out where I got it, I'm on my laptop)

Win7 won't let you format using FAT32 and I also know Windows won't do large drives anyway

Will Edit this post when I find a link to that App.
 
The HDD needs to be formatted to FAT32. I know I just backed up and replaced my HDD in my PS3 recently.
I don't think you can actually back up your save file at this point but you can back up the entire PS3 and not lose anything.

There is an App by HP you should be able to find(sorry I will see if I can find out where I got it, I'm on my laptop)

Win7 won't let you format using FAT32 and I also know Windows won't do large drives anyway

Will Edit this post when I find a link to that App.

Cool! Thank you very much! Please do that :) 👍
 
There are a stack of free partitioning software packages on the net that will allow you to format it in the proper file system, just do a google for "free partitioning software".

I had the same issue too :)
 
When you do a full ps3 backup does it copy over the GT5 game save aswell even though its copy protected?
 
backing up now :)
thanks guys!! worked hard on those 60 golds and i'm afraid of errors and such..
 
backing up now :)
thanks guys!! worked hard on those 60 golds and i'm afraid of errors and such..

Happy to help. You reminded me that I should prolly run a backup myself. I was at 59 Golds for awhile now and last night I finally said okay that's it I am gonna beat that Enzo around Grand Valley! (IA-10 I believe)
 
When you do a full ps3 backup does it copy over the GT5 game save aswell even though its copy protected?

Yes it does. I changed out my HDD this past week and everything is still there(even including the installed game data)
 
Back