Backup your save on cloud?

• Thread starter sennafreak
  • 34 comments
It is interesting since I posted my lost game in December. I have helped out 4 others who lost their games saves on the cloud..

Not sure why only the cloud.

I have chatted with others who have been banned..some for buying with illegal credits, some from bad doings themselves...but that's another story..

Seems like you should simply be able to use a previous save, and if you revert to it, all your cars in the auction house are removed from there. It could be an in-game function, reverting to a previous gamesave. Would that not prevent duping?

Unfortunately, it really isn't all that simple. You could still gift 400 cars to "a friend", and then restore your last save. But I do, and always have, agree, surely, they can come up with a solution that does work. Not being able to backup is a major flaw. If I were to lose my game save, I'd probably bin the entire Xbox. I'd simply not have the patience to start it all again from scratch.

You want to talk even more crazy, reading over on the official forza forums, you can get your forza gamesave banned if you RECEIVE credits from someone who has cheated. How are you suppose to know someone else has dirty credits??

To be honest, I'm not actually aware of a single case where this has happened. I've seen a few of these claims around, but each and every time a Turn 10 member has clarified that that's not the case, you cannot get banned merely for receiving glitched credits. I, personally, actually pretend that there aren't any glitched credits around, I don't think or worry about it, because it's the only way to use the Auction House at all. If it was true that you could get banned for receiving glitched credits, you'd only have the option to not use the Auction House at all, and that kind of would make that whole thing pointless. Surely, that cannot be in the best interest of anyone.

I was going off what they claimed they were looking for in this thread plus there are several users claiming their account was banned and they didn't know why (some of those are likely to be legit):
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5151523.aspx

Maybe for the gifting they could take a page from PD with the 1 car a day limit. Or maybe if they added an in-game function to deal with reverting to a backup game save, reverting to a backup save would remove all cars from your account that you have gifted since the backup was made. The backup could only be reverted to when you are online and the cars would need to have unique serial numbers attached to them (something like your user name + a number). Should be easy to keep a log online of the trading you have done. GT5 has a running log of activity built in that you can see.

I was going off what they claimed they were looking for in this thread plus there are several users claiming their account was banned and they didn't know why (some of those are likely to be legit):
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5151523.aspx

I don't doubt that some legit users are affected by all this, but in most cases where I've seen people claim they've been banned without reason, it's actually because they sold stolen designs, even though they may not have stolen any, but merely traded some of theirs for stolen designs. Regardless, I've never heard of anyone being banned merely for receiving glitched credits.

Maybe for the gifting they could take a page from PD with the 1 car a day limit. Or maybe if they added an in-game function to deal with reverting to a backup game save, reverting to a backup save would remove all cars from your account that you have gifted since the backup was made. The backup could only be reverted to when you are online and the cars would need to have unique serial numbers attached to them (something like your user name + a number). Should be easy to keep a log online of the trading you have done. GT5 has a running log of activity built in that you can see.

I've got no doubt that there is a way to allow for backups without compromising the game any more than it already is. People can cheat, and people do. There's a way around anything. That shouldn't keep a company from implementing an essential feature such as making backups of save games. I completely agree here.

I find it interesting as to how many designs are copied and resold.

I for one was gifted a car back in March and the other day sold it in the AH. I create my own, good and bad..haha. So when I posted the car in the ah the original creator was all over me for stealing his design.

I explained that I was gifted the design, but I admitted to making a few alterations. i didn't get reported or banned, but I know a few others who have.

I chatted with a guy the other night he has been playing for 3 months and is at level 23 and already had 800,000,000cr. He wouldn't tell me how he made the money...

Back