Bad drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Afro1
  • 33 comments
  • 3,089 views
Messages
290
I'm getting tired of racing online being in the lead or 2nd place and someone rams you at a tight corner.
I've had fair races, but I've also had plenty of unfair ones. It just ruins that motivation you had. You can try and chase them back and get 1st place but it annoys me so much I don't even bother to race seriously lol.

I'm glad not all the rooms are like this, I've had some nice Nurburgring races and nice clean drifting. But then there's the rooms where they have like 8 players, and 1 or 2 of them feel like they have no choice but too ram you out.
The thing which gets on my nerves even more is that most of the rammers are the ones with the real fast cars. Why dont they just cleanly over take me, I had no chance of holding the position without a fight anyway.

Also anyone notice people can still do this with the penalty on?
Seen plenty of racers putting force on the rear end of a front runner and then they lose control.
I love racing online and there are some great drivers but if you're not so good don't resort to ramming. You are not racing against AI lol.
 
I guess the only advcie I could give is find a steady group of guys to race with and use My Lounge instead of public ones...
 
I get what you're saying but I don't think punters will get it. They just don't care.
The best thing is that you get as many clean drivers on your PSN list and organize private events.
 
Yeah I've been trying to play with some of my friends but I do like to play with more people if you know what I'm saying. Drifting is fine with 2 or 3 people but when you're racing I prefer going in the public.

Also I'm not saying that you shouldn't hit anyones car, there are skillfull ways of overtaking by forcing you're way through the corner and cutting there space.
 
I started a thread last week about bad racers' though it would be great idea to make a black list of names' but apparently the mods closed the thread down. kinda makes you wonder if they had a bad name online. 👎 < mods
 
Far and away the biggest problem I find with peoples driving (even on the 'clean' servers with better standards) is that they make no consideration for how or when to pass you or when you might brake.

When I follow someone I try not to hit them, if this means I have to brake earlier then so be it, I will have to wait for an opportunity to pass, this is particularly true on a track like the Nordschleife.

Far too many people online tend to force their way inside you even if you leave no room just because they think they are entitled to - or have some kind of divine right - to pass you.

This usually results in me running wide or in the worst cases, smashing into the wall and ending up with a broken car for the next 15 seconds or whatever it is.

Also of course, starting from a full grid is usually suicide online, far too many people who are terrible at getting off the line and throw the car into the first corner like maniacs. If there is an option to qualify, certainly take it and try to get pole. The advantage you gain from being able to take the first corner safely is usually worth anything from five to ten seconds.
 
Because it's easier to black list innocents than to clean their names...
 
I started a thread last week about bad racers' though it would be great idea to make a black list of names' but apparently the mods closed the thread down. kinda makes you wonder if they had a bad name online. 👎 < mods

Because a name and shame thread would end in utter chaos.... thats why its closed....
 
This looks like a good place to vent,

I was on the big long final stretch on Nordscheife, I was in an 07 gtr and the other guy was in a red sedan looking race car that you can pick from the default list. Had a clean race up until that point and was within eyesight of this car for most of the race. I had the straight line speed so proceeded to overtake him half way up the straight and on his mic I hear him say f### off and he slams me into the wall and wrecks my car. Once the race ended he was confused when I called him a cheat, like I'm supposed to just sit behind someone if its faster on the straights or something.
 
i dont like people who dont know what a brake pedal is
 
what annoys me online most is when i accidentally hit someone, because i carry alot of speed into corners, and that almost always works, but i'm annoyed the most by people who just can't keep up, I was against a ZR1 RMed that was more powerful lighter and seemed to take corners faster, along with straightaways, butcouldn't keep up with my ford gt, and I'm not particularly good at nurburgring combined , infact that was my first time there. Being 40 seconds ahead is annoying not cool
 
You defeat to purpose of GT5 if you race like a 7 year old on NFS hotpursuit. They should have some system where if in say the last 5 races you intentionaly rammed someone of the track you cant join certain races online before you regain clean racing rep or something like that. That way clean races can all race together and the dodge'em cart races will get sick of not being able to join any races and change there ways. Might work?
 
what annoys me online most is when i accidentally hit someone, because i carry alot of speed into corners, and that almost always works, but i'm annoyed the most by people who just can't keep up, I was against a ZR1 RMed that was more powerful lighter and seemed to take corners faster, along with straightaways, butcouldn't keep up with my ford gt, and I'm not particularly good at nurburgring combined , infact that was my first time there. Being 40 seconds ahead is annoying not cool

Your annoyed because your better than your competition?
 
I'm annoyed that people always have different sets of cars that are in different leagues, if everybody had a tuned ford gt I'd have the best race ever
 
what annoys me online most is when i accidentally hit someone, because i carry alot of speed into corners, and that almost always works, but i'm annoyed the most by people who just can't keep up, I was against a ZR1 RMed that was more powerful lighter and seemed to take corners faster, along with straightaways, butcouldn't keep up with my ford gt, and I'm not particularly good at nurburgring combined , infact that was my first time there. Being 40 seconds ahead is annoying not cool

That post is annoying and difficult to read.

Bulletpoint 2 in https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/ . Thanks.
 
A couple of annoying things. In one race, one guy was going the opposite way, and completely ruined a very close race between 1st 2nd and 3rd. He wsnt popular after that race.

And it helps If you can race with the same cars, or with very similar power ratios. 501 hp doesn't mean much if one guy has the lightest skyline in his garage. Its not really his fault I guess, but it made for very uneven competition. Just have to pick and choose races carefully or make your own.
 
501 hp doesn't mean much if one guy has the lightest skyline in his garage.

I find it safe to assume that unless stated otherwise, everyone who wants to run at the front of the pack has done full weight reductions. It makes it a bit expensive to be competitive when you have a good deal of cars you enjoy using online.

Then there's the full complement of tires with various other go fast goodies you have to swap out in order to qualify for the different restrictions... but I guess that's part of the fun.
 
I've never been as surprised by a game as with GT5, i know Xbox Live has a bad rep for people behaving like idiots, but i've met more idiots playing GT5 than any other consoler or game combined, though... that might be cause i don't play FPS games...

It's actually hard to find a good game in GT5, either... as i'm European, and the game wants me to be on servers with other Europeans, they don't know what english is and that it exist, and chat away at some random language, ot they might all be driving all forumla GTs or RM cars, it's odd, seems everyone loves the same cars.
Even joining servers with HP and weight limits... they somehow find a way to use a race car.
The rest of the servers i find are usually people just free roaming around some track, ramming eachother.

Also, incorrect lobby names, i join one named "Audi Mercedes and BMW Only!" and they're all in forumla GTs...

I give up and decide to search the whole world, and find an American server...
It's all the same all over again, with added cussing cause i'm "one them thar eurolandians" (thankfully it's very rare), and thankfully, most of them know english in the US, so at least there's communication.

Why can't i find a normal server, with friendly people, who like to race normal cars that don't have five gajillion million horsepower and weighs 2lbs?
 
I agree, I have never seen so many "dirty" racers in any game I have played online but I am not surprised. People really know how to take advantage of the penalties in the game. I was in a race last night and people kept cutting inside the apex and would hit me in the side just right so I would get the penalty. :ouch: It was like this in GT5P and I figured it would have been corrected by now.

The only way to avoid this is to set up your own rooms with friends. Or if you are lucky you can get the room to vote that person out. I have also seen a lot of lag online in this game which is expected since its free. The "boost" ruberband effect is also a bit strange but can be nice on long races to help balance out the playing field. Especially if you have people ramming you to activate the penalty. But other than those problems the racing has been fun. I like how we can test drive on the track while we wait for the host to start the game. The most fun I have had is in the "shuffle" rooms. The players vote on the map and the game pics random cars.
 
Whats funny is a room which uses the description 'clean and fair' yet u get drivers trying to overtake right through you. lol
 
The problem is that lots of people wont take what they give.

A classic example of this was on SSR7, I kept trying to overtake the leader only to be fishtailed into the wall again again again.

But with drafting I was back into 2nd place in no time, so I lurked behind until near the end, drafted, overtook then rammed him off!

Back in the lobby, I couldnt beleive the level of 'cheating forker', then he booted me.

The issue is not with the rammers, it's with people who ram who somehow beleive they have a right not to be rammed themselves.

I play fair, but if others dont, I give as good as I get.
 
I try to race clean but I will admit I've made mistakes which ultimately knocked that person out of their position. What I do is slow down and let them catch back up before continuing. It's only fair.
 
Whats funny is a room which uses the description 'clean and fair' yet u get drivers trying to overtake right through you. lol

Had that last night. Was racing with a bunch of guys for almost three hours and in almost every race one or two would make ridiculous passing moves on me, or turn into my car even if I had the inside line.

I kept getting forced off the track and given 'short cut' penalties despite not actually doing anything other than being forced off the track.

After about 10 races with them I complained that I was constantly being given penalties by other drivers. The host and his friend (who was always nudging my car around) told me that I was a dirty driver and I constantly forced my way inside them and used their cars as brakes. I honestly never did any of that, so I told them and during the next race I got kicked.

In that last race someone dove down the inside when there was no room, he had two wheels on the grass and forced his way past me. I slipstreamed him and took him on the inside on the next corner, he left a large gap and I was level with him when braking, he turned right into my car and spun trying to force me off the inside of the track. At this point they kicked me, clearly blaming me for that accident?

Contact can be hard to avoid, especially if people are lagging, it is a two way street however. You can't expect someone to never try and pass you if you are leaving gaps, but those behind you should really be trying to drive safely and looking for the right opportunity to pass. Likewise if you're ahead of someone you shouldn't try and block them when they have their nose inside you, it's dangerous.

Finally, the penalty system sucks. The amount of times I had a guy deliberately slam on his brakes in front of me to give me a collision penalty, or having someone force me wide on a corner to give me a 10 second short cut penalty (this occurs a lot on fuji). It's just no fun like that, you get penalised from others driving like idiots and it's not really preventing them from behaving that way.
 
I finally found a great group of people to run with. And this time to make it even better, we had the host turn off the penalties for collisions. This prevents someone running into your side and giving you the penalty. Made a huge difference and a much more enjoyable experience. Anyone that wanted to race dirty just got booted from the room. :)
 
What realy gets me mad is when some talentless idiot rams me and I end up with my car damaged and undriveable, even more so when it costs me a win!
 
Glad I'm not the only one having these problems.
What I think they should do is add a disqualify kind of system.
If you ram into someones car at high speeds about 2 or 3 times you get disqualified from the race and have to watch.

I know it sounds harsh but that will teach people to drive properly lol.
 
Also of course, starting from a full grid is usually suicide online, far too many people who are terrible at getting off the line and throw the car into the first corner like maniacs. If there is an option to qualify, certainly take it and try to get pole. The advantage you gain from being able to take the first corner safely is usually worth anything from five to ten seconds.

Actually, I like being last because almost everyone will crash out in the first corner. If you are first place, you will likely be the one being hit from behind unless you somehow make it, than you will be fine. I normally just move out of the way so that everyone goes by, this makes it easier for me. I then just start passing them when they crash out from them bumping on every corner.
 
Back