Bad handling cars are more fun to drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedVission
  • 39 comments
  • 3,604 views
Messages
35
Messages
RedVission
Let us be real, whenever you're driving a car that doesn't handle real good (over steering, under steering, etc) the race becomes more fun, maybe a bit more frustrating but you get more emotional than when you drive a really good handling car and finish in 1st place by 10+ seconds :)
 
Which is why I keep all my cars stock and even give them worse tyres.
 
An oversteering car or a car that slides around is fun to me. However I hate understeer, it just kills the fun for me.
 
An oversteering car or a car that slides around is fun to me. However I hate understeer, it just kills the fun for me.

You'd love my Viper GTS 99' it oversteers like crazy, even with soft racing tires. Can't imagine that thing with comfort hard tires :drool: haha
 
I don't think understeer is fun. Oversteer can be fun, just not too much.
 
I always tune cars a bit too loose, it requires more effort to keep them off the wall and, when driven well, yields good results in the form of quick times.
 
An oversteering car or a car that slides around is fun to me. However I hate understeer, it just kills the fun for me.

Exactly! If you have to pick one, it's more productive and it's faster to have a car that slightly understeers. But it's way more fun to drive oversteering cars.
 
It's fun if the car oversteers (and you're not racing against mad aliens who capitalize on your every mistake) but understeer is just a headache. That's why I like cars like RUF BTR and Yellowbird, they never understeer.
 
Toyota 2000GT in comfort medium :drool:
 
I guess I'm the only one that enjoys understeer, oh well.
 
Probably explains then why the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car, which has no handling faults whatsoever, is my favourite car in the game. :dopey:

Though the CT230R was still brilliant before Spec II where it had no handling whatsoever. :lol:
 
I love my RUF Yellowbird! :dopey:
 
I love cars that wild and unruly (ZR1), but I also love cars that are pin point and precise (GT-R)
 
have any of you tried the Alfa 147 GTA, (Standard), it has the worst case of understeer it funny. Just watch.

 
I don't like understeer at all, but I love oversteer, as long as it isn't too extreme. I do find more satisfaction in driving a bad handling car.
 
I have a '61 E-type tuned to feel like the E-type i used to race in GT-legends from simbin...
so , it's not low and hard but the opposite :-)

It will try to kill you on occasions but really is a blast to drive ! +it counts for style points ;-)
 
Agreed.

Stock Veyron? 🤬 to turn, but fun.

RUF "Yellow Bird"? Very drifty, but fun as hell.

FGT? Bit :censored:y when it comes to corners at times, but again, a blast to drive.


Need more "hard cars".
 
An oversteering car or a car that slides around is fun to me. However I hate understeer, it just kills the fun for me.

I hate car that has both character, under and over. It just drive you nuts.
don't mind if it's just either under or over.
 
I hate UnderSteer more then anything in the racing world.. But oversteer Is one of my favourites..
 
Well, my favourite endurance, and probably race in all of GT5 A-spec, was taking a stock Shelby Cobra to the Laguna Seca endurance race. 'nuff said'
 
I enjoy oversteering cars when racing but if I just wanna cruise I like cars that handle well.
 
I hate UnderSteer more then anything in the racing world.. But oversteer Is one of my favourites..

Agree! Understeer is the worst ever.. oversteer is where it's at!

Also, I absolutely hate easy cars that do everything for you. :yuck:
 
Stock Yellowbird ftw :)

I absolutely adore this car. No abs, brake in time, shift back, blip (i use a g27 with h-shifter) and then quickly get back on the throttle (for about 25-35%) to keep grip on the rear tires with the rr setup. Absolutely love it. It's a b!tch to drive, but once you love eachother and respect eachothers limits, it's the best drive in the game. I wish they made it a premium.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone manage to make the F 2007 and F 10 more oversteery? :lol: I can't seem to do it without being a dumb driver and stepping the gas out of the chicken (Fernando Alonzo's chicane).
 
Stock Cobra off the recommended list...no assists, the default SH tyres and balls of solid lead. It is one of the most hilariously suicidal experiences in GT5 and I certainly recommend it if you want to brush up on your steering and throttle control :sly:
 
It surprises me that so many fans here hates understeer that much !

The last 4 weeks I was racing with the Seat Ibiza Cupra ! A very understeered car, but I made it a little more like a FR machine. I really enjoyed the Ibiza and I bet the Alfa 147 GTA is also driveable after a good set up with camber and caster settings.

Just that makes GT5 so special for me, make horeable cars less horeable :D
 
The Ferrari 512BB is a bad handler, it slides like its on ice.
 
The Dome Zero rules. Very tailhappy but at the same time easy to catch!
 
Back