Bad wheel vibration at low speed with GT7 in Logitech G923

• Thread starter Beoplay
  • 51 comments
From Logitech they tell me that it is very important to plug in the G923 once it is inside the Ps5 interface. And that there is currently no firmware update for the G923.

Last edited:
It is important to not plug the wheel in until you're already logged in. If you don't, trueforce is disabled and you don't get any vibration feedback. But it's not the issue here.

Something new about the excessive vibration problem with the Logitech g923. Any solution??
My steering wheel still vibrates a lot even though I disable the vibration in the game...
I can't play Gran Turismo 7 under these conditions... :(

Last edited:
As several have already pointed out, it's there on the DD as well. It's just not rattling, but almost equally annoying and unnecessary.
I wish there was an option for disabling the vibration entirely. I don't need it. Just let the wheel go slightly light when understeering, as with other traction loss.

As several have already pointed out, it's there on the DD as well. It's just not rattling, but almost equally annoying and unnecessary.
I wish there was an option for disabling the vibration entirely. I don't need it. Just let the wheel go slightly light when understeering, as with other traction loss.
Thanks for your answer. But this post is only for Logitech G923 users.

Last edited:
From Logitech they tell me that it is very important to plug in the G923 once it is inside the Ps5 interface. And that there is currently no firmware update for the G923.
I assume this works for PS4s, too. I have a PS4 Pro at one location, and this issue makes the wheel virtually unusable. This vibration manifested itself on slow-speed corners.

On my other rig, set up with a PS5 and Fanatec DD Pro, I experienced massive vibration ONLY with the Tomahawk upon reaching high speeds, and deceleration at ends of high-speed straights.

I think it's fair to say PD probably saw the G29 / 923 are aging wheels that will most definitely get replaced soon and didn't bother with the FFB for them. I still play GT Sport for the VR mode and while the FFB there isn't anything stellar it's still way more detailed and consistent than 7's weird one. The physics in 7 should most definitely allow for higher quality FFB.

I think it's fair to say PD probably saw the G29 / 923 are aging wheels that will most definitely get replaced soon and didn't bother with the FFB for them. I still play GT Sport for the VR mode and while the FFB there isn't anything stellar it's still way more detailed and consistent than 7's weird one. The physics in 7 should most definitely allow for higher quality FFB.
I actually think they put a lot of effort into the 923. I see lots of people with DD Pros complaining about not feeling kerbs, no surface noise, numb feedback, and none of that is true with the 923. Weak FFB, sure. That’s a limitation of the motors. But definitely detailed.

Part of it I think is what you’re used to. For instance, after spending weeks to get the Nordschleife gold on GT7, I tried the same test in GT Sport and the feedback felt terrible to me, vague and confusing (it was my first time playing the game). But again, it was unfamiliar. Surprisingly, I’ve had the least amount of difficulty switching between GT7 and ACC. But original AC felt strange.

Last edited:
G29 / PS4 / GT7 low speed wheel shake is STILL happening after 1.21 update. When will we ever be heard? I'll try a few other settings with FFB and test but I like 3 for FFB while at regular speed.

If I go off track my wheel goes crazy when I'm getting through 1st gear after. I've played around with it in thus state and can't find a way for it not to do it. Its super annoying especially at night when I'm trying to be queit. Just more of Kazs and Pd's incompetence and short ccomings. I was a huge GT fan since ps1 but it's time to bring the horse to the glue factory.

So this issue is still in-game... It affects a couple wheels I've used... It feels like the wheel is destroying itself.

Does anyone have a fix for it aside from just not using the wheel when playing with friends?

While racing it's a non-issue but the moment you slow down you can get some absolutely insane vibrations around 30km/h. It's the worst when using Racing tires.

Turning vibration off for P1 and P2 as well as setting it lower does nothing...

Last edited:
Still happens on my G29. What I do is immediately pause the game or floor the car to build up speed. I also feel like my G29 is going to kill itself if I let it go on too long.

Still happens on my G29. What I do is immediately pause the game or floor the car to build up speed. I also feel like my G29 is going to kill itself if I let it go on too long.

I hate when it's late at night and don't want to make too much noise. So I try to play extra quiet until BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Then even when you try to do something like change the gear or creep back into the track. Nope. Still have a high powered vibrator in my hands...

I just back out of the race most of the time because I dont trust PD as much anymore. Like "oh they would make sure it won't break my wheel." Haha. It doesn't sound or feel healthy at all though. It's like it's trying to do everything at once. Kinda crazy how much potential for vibration the wheel has yet how you can barely feel it in game.

Bumping an old thread as to not create new topics on this. Anyone know if this is still an issue? If PD did anything to address? Anyone have a work around or fix?

I have recently experienced some odd buzzing/ rattling vibration while im in the world map - just resting my hand on the wheel to use the buttons and it will start vibrating. Brand new g923.

I will have to try messing with the controller vibration settings to see if that has any affect when i get home...

I ended up ditching the wheel...still using it for other games on PC though 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Bumping an old thread as to not create new topics on this. Anyone know if this is still an issue? If PD did anything to address? Anyone have a work around or fix?

I have recently experienced some odd buzzing/ rattling vibration while im in the world map - just resting my hand on the wheel to use the buttons and it will start vibrating. Brand new g923.

I will have to try messing with the controller vibration settings to see if that has any affect when i get home...
It's still an issue, not as bad as at launch but still really annoying if you want to slow down and pull over

After this new update trueforce is always on. It only came on when I power up from sleep mode. The I reset ps5 then trueforce is gone just normal ffb. But now it's on no matter if I restart ps5. It's so distracting.

I found what I consider to be damn realistic and great force feedback settings with good fine detail for g923 and GT7 after many recommendations.

Dual sense Controller steering sensitivity 5 (yes this helps a ton with the other settings even though it’s only supposed to be a controller setting), dual shock vibration intensity 110%, torque 4 sensitivity 4.

Try it and let me know what you think…

Back