Bands To Check Out If You're Into MetalMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terran
  • 62 comments
  • 2,817 views
Messages
175
Best are in bold.

Agnostic Front
Bathory
Black Sabbath
Celtic Frost

Cro Mags
Corrosion of Conformity
Crowbar

Danzig
Darkthrone
Death
Down
Electric Wizard
EYEHATEGOD
Exhorder
Floodgate
Goatwhore
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kyuss
Lamb Of God
Misfits
Morbid Angel

The Obsessed
Pantera
Slayer

Sleep
Soilent Green
Superjoint Ritual

Trouble
Unida
Vader
Venom
 
Godsmack sucks.

Nine Inch Nails
Ministry
Fear Factory
Primus
Faith No More
Quicksand
Deftones
Alice In Chains
Blue Oyster Cult
Dream Theater
Tool
Old Metallica

I'm not into the "scream really loud and wail on the instruments" metal.
 
Meh, here are some other good metal bands, most here are Nu-Metal, so if that isn't your thing then stay away. I have lots more too that I will get around to adding.

36 Crazy Fists
Chimaira
Circle Down
Coal Chamber
Disturbed
Downthesun
Drowning Pool
Endo
I'll Nino
Killswitch Engage
Machinehead
Meshuggah
Mudvayne
Murderdolls
Mushroomhead
Obituary
Sepultura
Slipknot
Soulfly
Spineshank
Static - X
Stone Sour
Type-O Negative
 
Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
Chimaira
Coal Chamber
Meshuggah
Sepultura (Old)
Slipknot
Those are the ones I like off of your list.

And I despise Type-O Negative. The lead singer is so retarted and he sings like Elvis.:odd:
 
Originally posted by Terran
Those are the ones I like off of your list.

And I despise Type-O Negative. The lead singer is so retarted and he sings like Elvis.:odd:
:eek: Someone else likes Chimaira here. Wow! 👍
 
They are all good songs.

Dead Inside
Down Again
Implements of Destruction
Lumps
Painting The White To Grey
Pass Out Of Existance
Pictures In the Gold Room
Pure Hatred 👍!
Stigmurder
The Impossibility Of Reason

Some of their best.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Godsmack sucks.

quoted for emphasis.
a good metal band is ophet. another one, not so common, wich powers a very good progressive metal, is The Beyond. HIGHLY reccommended, and this, by a dude who isnt really into metal. but this band is amazing.

Cano
 
Megadeth 👍
System of a Down 👍
 
Iron Maiden
Helloween
Iced Earth
Grave Digger
Bruce Dickinson
Blind Guardian
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I'm not into the "scream really loud and wail on the instruments" metal.
Then you may want to check out a band called "Blind Guardian"

A metal band that can actually sing.

I didn't see that Jonik beat me too it.

AO
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Then you may want to check out a band called "Blind Guardian"

A metal band that can actually sing.

AO

Wow Der Alta, you surprised me positively. I didn't know americans knew bands outside their continent. :eek:
 
Originally posted by JoniK
Wow Der Alta, you surprised me positively. I didn't know americans knew bands outside their continent. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say the same except change bands for anything:lol: :lol: :lol: (just a joke there fellas)


For me:
Iron Maiden
"Old" Metallica
Man-O-War
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
For me:
Iron Maiden
"Old" Metallica
Man-O-War
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Good stuff right there.

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Megadeth 👍
System of a Down 👍
SOAD is like industrial metal, I'm not really into that stuff.
 
That's really sad, people. I think i've only seen one person that knows of all the bands that i do. Here are some i personally like:

Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall
Lamb of God
Chimaira
Coal Chamber
Snot (thrash)
Mudvayne

Man, there's about a million others i could name, but i'm so tired i can't remember half of them. Anyway, funny thing is is that most of the bands i like belong to RoadRunner Records... It's like they know EXACTLY what i want to hear. It's scary. :eek:

But yeah, if you're into the kind of music i am you guys should check out RoadRunner... Personally i think they have signed some of the best bands out there. If you want you can check out their website at www.roadrun.com - You can get free stuff too.
 
Originally posted by Acid X
Man, there's about a million others i could name, but i'm so tired i can't remember half of them. Anyway, funny thing is is that most of the bands i like belong to RoadRunner Records... It's like they know EXACTLY what i want to hear. It's scary. :eek:

But yeah, if you're into the kind of music i am you guys should check out RoadRunner... Personally i think they have signed some of the best bands out there. If you want you can check out their website at www.roadrun.com - You can get free stuff too.

Nickelback are on Roadrunner I think. :yuck:

But so are Fear Factory and Machinehead, who are awesome.

Machinehead are good.
 
Originally posted by Acid X
That's really sad, people. I think i've only seen one person that knows of all the bands that i do. Here are some i personally like:

Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall
Lamb of God
Chimaira
Coal Chamber
Snot (thrash)
Mudvayne

Man, there's about a million others i could name, but i'm so tired i can't remember half of them. Anyway, funny thing is is that most of the bands i like belong to RoadRunner Records... It's like they know EXACTLY what i want to hear. It's scary. :eek:

But yeah, if you're into the kind of music i am you guys should check out RoadRunner... Personally i think they have signed some of the best bands out there. If you want you can check out their website at www.roadrun.com - You can get free stuff too.

Yes, almost every band that I mentioned is from the roadrunner records label.

Just about any band that they sign I can listen to. 👍
 
Originally posted by Silverzone
Anything to do with Metallica except for ST. Anger

And SOAD

I have to say that St. Anger is Metallica's best work since Master of Puppets and I've listened to them for well over 15 years and have seen them live 8 times.

What do you not like about St. Anger, Silverzone??

Other bands I like are Grinspoon, Slayer, Megadeth, Sabbath, Machine Head, SOAD and Entombed.
 
St. Anger is not NEAR their best album. Haven't you heard The Unforgiven, The unforgiven II?
Lets see.... The Memory Remains. And not to say Enter Sandman, Don't Tread On Me. ONE? One is possible the greatest Metallica song of all time........ and you're counting that out? man, Thats weird


And I like St. Anger I am simply saying it is not their best.
So, dcr22b, why don't you think the above songs aren't as good as St. Anger? You may have been listening to them longer than I've been alive but you have to say the above mentioned songs are AWESOME. And better than St. Anger.
 
I'm totally in agreement with you about the songs you have mentioned and they're as good as anything on St. Anger.

Everyone will have different opinions on why they do or do not like certain albums.

I thought ...And Justice For All was overlong and overproduced, The Black Album is a timeless classic whereas Load and Reload were some good songs mixed with a lot of experimentation (which even the band admitted themselves wasn't a 100% success).

In my opinion, St. Anger epitomises what Metallica are now, a tight four-piece heavy metal/hard rock band who have influenced millions of guitar players worldwide.

I hope that answers your question and that you, me and millions of others continue to "bang your head against the seat like you never did before"!!!!!!!!
 
dcr22b and Silverzone , i think you are big MetallicA Fans, i like all MetallicA albums, "And Justice For All was overlong and overproduced" , but who cares ? Everytime i heard the beginning of "ONE" , all my HATE has disappared...and then lose myself in METAL...I like it

FOR ME , the best metal band are: KoRn, MetallicA, SlipKnot, Deftones
 
Originally posted by dcr22B
I hope that answers your question and that you, me and millions of others continue to "bang your head against the seat like you never did before"!!!!!!!!

If you've been listening to Metallica for fifteen years, you should know that that line is "bang your head against the STAGE..." ;)

I'm not a huge fan of St Anger either. I can't quite put my finger on what I don't like about it, it just didn't grab me the way their other stuff did.
 
Originally posted by dcr22B

I hope that answers your question and that you, me and millions of others continue to "bang your head against the seat like you never did before"!!!!!!!!

"Make it ring,
make it bleed,
make it really sore.
In a frenzied madness
with your leather and your spikes
Heads are bobbing All around
Its Hot as Hell tonight


Adrenaline Starts to flow
You're Thrashing all around
Acting like a maniac

Whiplash"





:cool: :lol:
 
Back