Bands To Check Out If You're Into MetalMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terran
  • 62 comments
  • 2,817 views
Originally posted by chris100575
If you've been listening to Metallica for fifteen years, you should know that that line is "bang your head against the STAGE..." ;)

Cheers Chris!!!!

Never took much notice of the words in that song, I was far too busy headbanging like mad!!!!!!!!!
 
Cryptopsy
Morbid Angel
Iron Maiden
Sodom
Vio-lence
Nuclear Assault
Celtic Frost
Mekong Delta
Mordred
Iced Earth
GWAR ;0
Anthrax
Kreator
Vader
Kamelot
Choptank
Overkill
Slayer
Stormtroopers Of Death (S.O.D.)
Death
Stratovarius (shh)
Blind Guardian (if its your bag)
Immortal
Emporer
Razor
Anihillator
Old Sepultura
Anvil
Down

That is it for now.
 
dark tranquility? maybe too dark but a a good recomendation
 
Rumple, and Acid X, on the right track. Here are some of my favorites:
Chimaira is the ****!!
Shadows Fall
Otep
Lamb of God
Tool (of course)
Downthesun
Arch Enemy
Dimmu Borgir
Devil Driver
Killswitch Engage
Superjoint Ritual
Down
Mudvayne
Life of Agony
Machinehead
Mushroomhead
Motgrater
Meshuggah

I'll think of more later.;)
 
Five of the best metal bands I have ever heard

1. Fear Factory
2. Stone Sour
3. Memento
4. Disturbed
5. Motorhead

Fear Factory is the best one on my list because they are industrial-death metal. Plus I got a DVD of them. Bonus! :trouble: :cool:
 
Originally posted by dcr22B
I have to say that St. Anger is Metallica's best work since Master of Puppets and I've listened to them for well over 15 years and have seen them live 8 times.

What do you not like about St. Anger, Silverzone??

Other bands I like are >Grinspoon<, Slayer, Megadeth, Sabbath, Machine Head, SOAD and Entombed.


Grinspoon is not metal. They are alternative rock. Aside from that, I still like Grinspoon :cool:
 
Originally posted by Klonie Gun
Five of the best metal bands I have ever heard

1. Fear Factory
2. Stone Sour
3. Memento
4. Disturbed
5. Motorhead

Fear Factory is the best one on my list because they are industrial-death metal. Plus I got a DVD of them. Bonus! :trouble: :cool:

Fear Factory is the best! I have that DVD too. I read somewhere (www.blistering.com) that they will make a new DVD after this 'Archetype' tour this year. Can't wait for that! Anyways, on that site they have a small demo clip of a song that'll make it on the next album. Everytime I hear Herrera's drumming, I feel like I'm hearing hin for the first time. He is absolutely incredible. Well, the whole band is...

:cheers:
 
Originally posted by Pfffssshhh!
Fear Factory is the best! I have that DVD too. I read somewhere (www.blistering.com) that they will make a new DVD after this 'Archetype' tour this year. Can't wait for that! Anyways, on that site they have a small demo clip of a song that'll make it on the next album. Everytime I hear Herrera's drumming, I feel like I'm hearing hin for the first time. He is absolutely incredible. Well, the whole band is...

:cheers:
Agreed, his double bass puts a huge smile on my face. ;)
 
Does anyone have the actuall release date?;)
 
I do not know but probably it might come out either in summer or fall.
 
How about you all fly to Germany for the Nurburgring rock concert next year?
You could drive a hire car around it too.:D
 
is saw Motorhead two years ago at the barrowlands, and i'll tell you, no-one is louder than Lemmy and his 'literally' head-bustin' voice...

i am sure that did some permanent damage to my ear drums....i like gigs with an over 18 only entry restriction...no 12 year olds with tool t-shirts on getting drunk and throwing up...
 
Originally posted by TurboSmoke
is saw Motorhead two years ago at the barrowlands, and i'll tell you, no-one is louder than Lemmy and his 'literally' head-bustin' voice...

i am sure that did some permanent damage to my ear drums....i like gigs with an over 18 only entry restriction...no 12 year olds with tool t-shirts on getting drunk and throwing up...

His voice is instantly recognizable. Also, his bass sound is great. I mean not alot of people would agree, I think, his sound is great for me. Its distorted so much, it sounds like a guitar. :cool:

:cheers:
 
Best Metal around:

Samael (my favorite band)
Deicide
Morbid Angel
MuDvAyNe
Krisiun
In Flames
Nokturnal Mortem
Setherial
Triumphator
Thy Primordial
Graveland
Amon Amarth
Ritual Carnage

I also get off on old King Diamond, Judas Priest, Maiden, etc.
 
Originally posted by xsyorra
Best Metal around:

Samael (my favorite band)
Deicide
Morbid Angel
MuDvAyNe
Krisiun
In Flames
Nokturnal Mortem
Setherial
Triumphator
Thy Primordial
Graveland
Amon Amarth
Ritual Carnage

I also get off on old King Diamond, Judas Priest, Maiden, etc.
Morbid Angel
Mudvayne
Ritual Carnage
In Flames
\m/;)
 
I forgot to post this when it happened but Chimairas drummer left the band! He has been replaced by a better drummer though. 👍
 
Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
I forgot to post this when it happened but Chimairas drummer left the band! He has been replaced by a better drummer though. 👍
really? When are they going to be coming out with another album, so we can check out the new drummer?;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
really? When are they going to be coming out with another album, so we can check out the new drummer?;)

Here ya go.

NEW CHAPTER FOR CHIMAIRA - 1.5.2004

It's the dawn of a new year, and the dawn of a new beginning for Chimaira. Exit Andols Herrick, enter Richard Evensand. Yes, drummer Andols has officially left Chimaira since the band returned home from their most recent stretch on the road, and now joining Chimaira will be Soilwork's Richard Evensand. Oddly enough, Richard cites a "slap contest with Chimaira's drum tech" as his weirdest experience in Soilwork.

Chimaira had previously been on two tours with the Swedes from Soilwork. As Chris Spicuzza recalls, "we'd watch him every night. We'd always tell people to watch the drummer (during each Soilwork show), because he was so damn good." Well, this goodness is now part of Chimaira. And Richard is expected to be flying into the greater Cleveland area from Sweden in the next week or so to start practicing with the band before they head out to the UK for their upcoming February European tour.

A message from the band on the situation is as follows:

"This may come as a shock to most of you, but we assure you this changes nothing for Chimaira. No shows have been canceled, no plans have been put to rest....we continue to overcome enormous obstacles and we persevere through and through. We wish Andy the best and we welcome our new drummer Ricky.

"So with the new year, the new chapter in Chimaira begins...."

As for Andols, his parting message to all is as follows (and let it be known we wish him all the best as well):

"As many of you might know by now, I have decided to leave my brothers in Chimaira to pursue other interests. This was a very difficult and emotionally taxing decision, and it was something I had been pondering for quite a while. Basically, I am really burned out on the touring lifestyle. It takes a special kind of person to be on the road 3/4 of the year, performing night after night. You have to live it and love it 100% or it will break you down. Unfortunately, the schedule got the best of me. I got to the point where I wasn't having fun performing anymore, and that is extremely hard to deal with.

"I plan on returning to college to finish my degree that's been on hiatus for 5 years. As far as drumming goes, right now all I know is that I have been very unhappy with my playing for a while, and after some time off I want to really improve in every aspect and become more well rounded as a musician. Perhaps even some session work could be in order in the future. Music has been a major part of my life, ever since I first started music lessons in 1986, and more so when I first picked up a pair of drumsticks in 1988, so we will see what happens in the future. I just want to take everything one day at a time.
Chimaira is in good hands now, with Richard Evensand taking over. I had the pleasure of watching him play on two tours with Soilwork, and he is incredible. Trust me, you will all be saying Andy who? when you hear him!

"I'd like to thank my Chimaira bros for five years of great memories and accomplishments, my family and girlfriend for their support, Roadrunner Records, Scott Koenig, Stick Shefrin, Ian Friedman, our road crew, all the great drum companies I've worked with, all the great friends I made on the road, and all the great fans.

"I am fully confident in the continued success of the band, and I will be there supporting them 100%, just like you all should!

"Best wishes to everyone"

- Andy Herrick
ENTER EVENSAND - 1.8.2004

As you should be well aware of by now, Chimaira has a new member, that guy being former Soilwork skinsman Richard Evensand, who is replacing the departed Andols Herrick. That being said, we do ask that you venture over to Chimaira's MUSIC section to listen to a couple tracks from Chimaira's latest release, The Impossibility Of Reason. Richard, your work is cut out for you...welcome aboard.

And as we welcome Richard to Chimaira, Richard has the following message for you all:

"Sometimes in our lives we get a chance to do something special. I think that for me, the opportunity to join the Chimaira family is one of those chances. I have toured with them twice in the past year with my old band Soilwork. The first was supporting IN FLAMES with Chimaira. The last one was supporting Chimaira. As I started to get to know the guys in Chimaira and their music throughout the last year, I started to get more and more into what they were doing. I think that the metal and energy on stage and on the albums make them one of the best acts there is today. The fact that they're all awesome people to hangout with also made my choice a lot easier.

"At the same time, it wasn't easy for me to leave the guys in Soilwork. The fact is that I've always been a big fan of their music and each member of Soilwork is my family and my friends. I spoke with the guys in Soilwork and they gave me their blessing, so we will always remain good friends. I wish them all the best in the future, and am confident that they will continue to produce great music.

"Now Chimaira is going to be my family. I can't wait until we begin our rehearsals for the headlining tour in the UK/Europe. It's time for world domination hahaha!

"I want to send my best wishes to Andy, my friend, and the old drummer of Chimaira. 'Whatever you do, don't ever quit playing because in time you'll be one the few... I wish you all the best man and hopefully we'll see each other soon. Your friend, Ricky'

"To all the Chimaira fans, I can't wait to go on tour so I can meet and share many brews with each and every one of you. Have a metal new year and Chimaira will see you soon."
 
I found Sevendust to be the best new heavy metal band I have ever listened to. Although they formed in 1996, their songs are aggressive, antagonistic, and ferociously brutal. Just listening to Enemy was so awesome that I put an example of part of the lyrics in my sig :trouble: :cool:

But Fear Factory is still my most favorite metal band of all time :p :trouble: :cool:
 
Thanks Rumple.:cheers:
 
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH ALL MY FAV BANDS?

NEW TIMES FOR SPINESHANK - 1.12.2004

The end of an era, the beginning of another. Spineshank drummer Tommy Decker explains below:

"There has recently been a rumor circulating about Spineshank having parted ways with our lead singer, Jonny Santos. The rumor is true. It is an amicable split and is mainly due to musical differences. The four of us have accomplished a lot of things together, the biggest being our most recent Grammy nomination for Best Metal Performance for "Smothered". We are all very proud of the music that we have made over the years, but the time has come for us all to move on.

"As for the future of Spineshank - Mike, Rob and myself will begin the search for a new singer as we write new material and continue to build upon the foundation we have made as Spineshank. We wish Jonny the best of luck in all of his future endeavors."

- Tommy Decker

Spineshanks singer is gone! :(

My 2nd Fav bands drumer leaves, nowmy 3rd fav bands singer leaves. . . and I know it's only a matter of time before Slipknot falls apart. :(
 
That sucks man, very few bands are ever the same after they switch lead singers.;)
 
Originally posted by Pfffssshhh!
Um, well probably because they aren't metal. At least I think they aren't...

:cheers:

I like KoRn!!! especially the "Follow the Leader" album
 
Sevendust is the ****!!!! I put it at #6 of my most favorite metal bands :cool:


I am very much into the "scream loudly and wail on the instruments" type of metal. There is no doubt about it! :trouble: :cool:
 
I love that part in "Knocks me off my feet" where Stevie Wonder goes, "I don't wanna booooore...". Now that is headbanging, fist-pounding, knee-jerking, castrate-everyother-guy-you-see-in-the-pit metal! \m/ \m/ \m/


*sigh* I'm going outta my mind...
 
Back