Banned log updates?

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 117 comments
Why do people enjoy having it documented when others fail to do what they both should and agreed to do?

TB
Why do people enjoy having it documented when others fail to do what they both should and agreed to do?
Not so much enjoyment as edification. Keeps people from wondering why isn't so-and-so responding to my posts, for instance We have no way whatsoever of knowing if a particular user is banned or not with the new forum software; previously we could find out. Generally I don't care why someone has been banned but occasionally it'd be nice to know if a particular user has been banned.

Not so much enjoyment as edification. Keeps people from wondering why isn't so-and-so responding to my posts, for instance We have no way whatsoever of knowing if a particular user is banned or not with the new forum software; previously we could find out. Generally I don't care why someone has been banned but occasionally it'd be nice to know if a particular user has been banned.
Or it say could on their profile page "banned" or "terminated" or something

TB

It's like watching a trainwreck; if it catches your eye, you can't not watch. And some who watch also enjoy watching, because they're not the ones on the train.

Granted, it's also sad in a way. Some people are so clueless about Netiquette, and in some cases you want to help them. But a lot of times these sorts of people also very rude or disruptive, they don't want your help. They just want to be rude or disruptive. If somebody's like this, I don't care if they get banned, and if others laugh at them afterwards.

Last edited:
TB
I think if it was a staunch-y file written in legal-ese it wouldn't have as much of a following, but given you mods have done such a great job of making it incredibly entertaining, it's grown a morbid fan base.

I think it's funny in the same way Most Extreme Elimination Challenge was funny.

I asked myself why there is no English word for "Schadenfreude"? Is this feeling a German stereotype? :(

No. But I think the rest of the world isn't as happy to admit the feeling as the average blunt German.

Sometimes there's just some sort of low brow itch to be scratched.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assestto-corsa-setup.323471/

I can't help wondering if the one other post from this user was just so epicly disastrous, or if it was a previously banned member. If the latter, "trollmaster" was probably not the wisest choice in name.
Yeah he posted an epically disastrous post. Something along the lines of GT6 SUCKS ENJOY YOUR CRAP SERVERS or something :P. He was banned pretty quickly.

Yeah he posted an epically disastrous post. Something along the lines of GT6 SUCKS ENJOY YOUR CRAP SERVERS or something :P. He was banned pretty quickly.

When troll accounts show up from the same location (and at the same time) as currently registered, active users, it makes it even easier.

💡

When troll accounts show up from the same location (and at the same time) as currently registered, active users, it makes it even easier.

💡
Yeah, school is a bad place for forum members to be isn't it?

Yeah, school is a bad place for forum members to be isn't it?
Universal rule for trolls use a public address so you can be "nice" on your home IP and not get nuked there so you can continue to watch the "chaos" you have caused. At least according to a former coworker that proclaimed him self as professional troll.
I personally don't like trolls they are generally just someone looking to cause trouble to help them selfs feel better.

Universal rule for trolls use a public address so you can be "nice" on your home IP and not get nuked there so you can continue to watch the "chaos" you have caused. At least according to a former coworker that proclaimed him self as professional troll.
I personally don't like trolls they are generally just someone looking to cause trouble to help them selfs feel better.
Well to be perfectly honest, i have multiple freinds at my school who have made troll accounts on this website. Just because of how often i use this website, but i do have multiple freinds who use it perfectly legitimately. I really don't feel like being banned because of a silly troll friend using the same IP. I can't myself be banned for that can i?

Well to be perfectly honest, i have multiple freinds at my school who have made troll accounts on this website. Just because of how often i use this website, but i do have multiple freinds who use it perfectly legitimately. I really don't feel like being banned because of a silly troll friend using the same IP. I can't myself be banned for that can i?
Not unless they ban the IP address, if they see multiple accounts in Good standing from the same IP as a troll I think they just nuke the troll account, but only a mod could give you a definite answer.

Not unless they ban the IP address, if they see multiple accounts in Good standing from the same IP as a troll I think they just nuke the troll account, but only a mod could give you a definite answer.
What do you mean by 'nuke'? Never heard that term.

Latest Posts

Back