Banned log updates?

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 117 comments
Because he did something against the AUP. That's all we really need to know.
Not necessarily. He could be a member that was given a lifetime ban and trying to re-enter under a different name. There could be other reasons as well.

Not necessarily. He could be a member that was given a lifetime ban and trying to re-enter under a different name. There could be other reasons as well.
Which would mean he (the actual person, not the account) violated the AUP to get himself banned in the first place. Are we then just supposed to turn a blind eye when someone re-registers?

TB
Which would mean he (the actual person, not the account) violated the AUP to get himself banned in the first place. Are we then just supposed to turn a blind eye when someone re-registers?
I offered up an alternative explanation, not a critique.

Related: Why was @@LastMan banned? :confused:
Because he did something against the AUP. That's all we really need to know.
Not necessarily. He could be a member that was given a lifetime ban and trying to re-enter under a different name. There could be other reasons [why he was banned again] as well.

Another alternate...
I know someone who asked to have one account banned after some sign-up confusion & creating 2 accounts by mistake (maybe with the confirmation going wrong or something) and had the one "deleted" by request. Showed up as "banned" at the time IIRC, but it didn't involve any gross misconduct issues or the person being a menace to others on the forum.

Would be VERY boring to read through a bunch of bans of that nature, and that probably happens a lot in a forum this size.

Schadenfreude is like you find it good / funny that, for example, one of your mates tumbles over something and does a massive faceplant. Basically laughing about someone failing. Also known as malicious joy, gloating, spitefulness or glee. 👍

I don't really understand German language but that line and audio clip reminds me of someone saying "Can you feel the sunshine" in German. Please do correct me if I'm wrong that it's in German.

Schadenfreude is a word that translates into "Pain Joy" but it is used to describe laughing at others peoples misfortune.

Schadenfreude is a word that translates into "Pain Joy" but it is used to describe laughing at others peoples misfortune.
It's weird how many German words are still used in English. Schadenfreude, Kindergarten etc. - then again, we're using English terms all day long as well. ;)

in the 700PP Race Car Super Lap (Long, Long Ago), the guy on the top spot is ellias_johansson (AKA et_), am i right?

LOL so many people must get banned on this forum, jeezzzzzzzzzzz
Only those that either request a ban, manage to make an error in account creation and do a second one or, and this the big one, can't bring themselves to obey the AUP after agreeing to obey it...

Of course, unfortunately for them, it's the latter that makes the banned user log so hilarious :lol:

xD its great fun watching how stupid some of them are :D
It is both hilarious yet unfortunate, the biggest issue is the amount of work the mods have to do just because some folks choose to either not read the AUP or simply ignore it 👎

It is both hilarious yet unfortunate, the biggest issue is the amount of work the mods have to do just because some folks choose to either not read the AUP or simply ignore it 👎
I wouldn't take it that seriously, looking at most of the BUL updates, they seem to somewhat enjoy what they're doing.

Back