Barclays Premier league 07/08 thread

• Thread starter Dave A
  • 184 comments
I guess you could say he looked at the situation and used his head.

As Lando Calrissian once said, "Hold on to your butts!"

Resisted the temptation to go and watch the game(s) in the pub... listening to the climax of the season on Radio 5...

Man United take the title as they beat Wigan 2-0 and Chelsea draw 1-1 with Bolton, though even if they won, United would still take the title.

Reading and Birmingham are relegated along with the worst side in Premiership history.

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Manchester United has won the premiership!!!!!! :D :cheers:

All in all, it was a great game for Man Utd as they manage to score a 2-0 win against Wigan in an away match. Too bad for Chelsea having John Terry injured early in the game and conceded a late goal during the game. Just goes to show how awesome Man Utd played thorough the season, beating Arsenal for the top and keeping Chelsea at bay. There were a few mishaps here and there, but in the end it really paid off. Oh yes! The final in Moscow can't be any sweeter than this! :D Bring it on Chelsea!!!! :mischievous:

I'm very happy we won it on points, better than ewinning it on goal difference but just winning was the most important thing regardless. Close season, very close season. I'm happy for Giggs, not just matching Bobby's appearance record but marking it with a goal as well, and a goal that pretty much killed the game off and took the pressure off a lot. I don't think anyone can say Wigan wern't up for it, they played well, they didn't exactley play like a title team but then it's Wigan, and for a team in their position they went for it.

Bring on the Champions League final, I know we're a better team than Chelsea but on the day either team could win it. We've won the big one now we need the icing and as long as we turn up and we're in form in Moscow I think the double is ours.

One question though, will our goals count as away goals since Chelsea will be at home?
:sly:.

Back