Barclays Premier league - Fantasy Football 12/13

It has taken 23 weeks, but I am no longer last.

Amazing!!!

Time for a meteoric rise up the leaderboard :sly:

Unless the person below you has any Arsenal or West Ham players in their team because they have a game still this week.:sly:

Unless the person below you has any Arsenal or West Ham players in their team because they have a game still this week.:sly:

I think I'm safe. The gap to the top is only ... 484 points. That's definitely closable :lol:

Slowly climbing back up the table after dropping to well outside of the top 20 a few weeks ago (:ouch:), I'm currently 15th.

Back up to second place after a Van Persie double gameweek. Wiggins Athletic are way ahead in first place and Censored F.C. is a fair bit behind in 4th place. It's very close and is going to be a good battle for 2nd place Touring Mars, I look forward to it :D

Last edited:
👍

It's been a great battle already... the next few weeks are going to be very tight... I'm clinging on to 1st place in my work league, but I fear that 2nd is the best I can hope for in our league... but 2nd would be a great result, so I'm going to be playing for it! :cool:

So Sessegnon seemed a safe bet, Sunderland on the up, Di Canio inspiring the team, Villa pretty shoddy in defence ...

5-1 Villa as of now, with Sessegnon red carded, I think I can see why I'm 32nd, and 650 pts back :lol: next year will be my time, this was just a practice :sly:

For a 1st timer in the GTP league, I don't think 10th is too bad right now. That'll be my aim for the end of the season, top 10. Very competitive around that area right now though.

For a 1st timer in the GTP league, I don't think 10th is too bad right now. That'll be my aim for the end of the season, top 10. Very competitive around that area right now though.
Well it seems that plan failed as I finished 12th.

Thanks to Nolan and Lukaku's hattricks, I have jumped up to 9th to finish the season. Not Bad.
The night before, I transfered Lukaku out of my team for Agbonlahor. What a mistake that was.

The night before, I transfered Lukaku out of my team for Agbonlahor. What a mistake that was.

I did the same, but for Sturridge. I initially opted for Lukaku over Sturridge a few weeks ago. I had Lukaku for 3 games and he didn't do anything special (2 points per game I think). Meanwhile, Sturridge averages more than 10 points a game. As soon as I swap them out, Lukaku gets a hattrick and Sturridge does nothing, no goals, no assists, no nothing... Typical. This last gameweek was almost a disaster, it could have seen me move down a place in every league I take part in.

But I was able to hold onto 2nd place in the standings thanks to Bale (c), Mata and Coutinho. Neither of my goalkeepers played, all of my defenders conceded heavily (or got a yellow card) and my attackers were pitiful.

Very happy with 3rd, but disappointed to miss out on 2nd by just 19 points - still, it was a great season and congratulations to DickDastardly (Wiggins Athletic) and Seismica (Teesside Tigers) on 1st and 2nd place, and to dhandeh (Censored F.C.) for clinching the final Champions League spot... I claimed my work league for the second year running, so I can't complain - and I should be able to expect a couple of pints out of that :)

Incidentally, three of the top 4 teams this season were also in the top 4 last season - Athletico Turismo (1st/3rd), Teesside Tigers (3rd/2nd) and Censored F.C. (3rd/4th) :D:tup:

Also, congrats to Team Ash for winning the Head to Head league!

Looking forward to next year already :cheers:

Next year I want the main prize, it's not going to be easy though otherwise I'd have won it by now. Every year the same things happen that seem to spoil it for me, you think by now I'd have learned from it.:lol:

I knew I'd have a better chance in the head to head league, which is why I pushed for one.:sly: Not sure how I ended up so far in front though, I got very lucky with when I played certain people I guess. I even drew with the average once.:lol:

Yes, get in there!

Bit of a mixed season for me. Won the GTP League 👍 Won some cash in other leagues 👍 Failed to push on after a good start 👎 Could've won more money 👎

I'll be back to defend my crown next season!

I was never able to check where I finished! :(

Also, new entries are now open. Someone start a new league.

Latest Posts

Back