Barclays Premier league - Fantasy Football 12/13

England
England
NINE_HUNDRED
Barclays Premier league - Fantasy Football 12/13

If nobody minds, I've created this seasons league. Same as last season, we'll be using fantasy.premierleague.com

Normal League:
League is now closed to new entries

Head to Head League:
League is now closed to new entries

If you're new to Fantasy Football, you'll need to create an account by clicking the link above. Once that's done, use your budget of £100m to pick a squad of 15 players from the Barclays Premier League. Pick your starting 11 each Gameweek, choose your captain, and make transfers. You get 1 free transfers each gameweek, your captain will earn you double points, so pick him wisely! You'll also be given a "Wild Card" which can be used twice during the season (during each transfer window IIRC). The Wild Card will allow you to change your whole team, for free.

---
Head to Head League info:

Each week you'll be paired with another team in the league, whoever gets the most points that game week, wins. Simples!

3 Points for a win
1 for a draw
---

Please post your Fantasy League names so we know who's who and to keep track of everybody joining.

Have fun and good luck 👍

------

Last season stats:

Athletico Turismo V has won the 11/12 GTP Premiership!

Well done to the other podium finishers, Deportivo Immigrante (Danze1984) and C.U. Next Tuesday F.C. (dhandes)...

Props also to The Pirates (NINE_HUNDRED), who led the league for longer than anybody else.

Some fun facts:

C.U. Next Tuesday F.C (dhandes) spent just 9 weeks out of the top 3, and that was due to the inclusion of a new team mid-season...

Teesside Tigers (Seismica) spent four weeks (GW 12-15) in second last place (19th at the time) and finished 4th.

Athletico Turismo V (me) spent three weeks (GW 5-7) in second last place (19th at the time) and finished 1st.

Only 5 teams led the league outright:

The Pirates (NINE_HUNDRED) - 14 weeks*
Deportivo Immigrante (Danze1984) - 11 weeks*
Athletico Turismo V (Touring Mars) - 5 weeks
Club 121 (GTP_unkymo) - 3 weeks
C.U. Next Tuesday F.C (dhandes) - 2 weeks

* Deportivo Immigrante joined in GW 22. If they had been in the league from the start, they would have led for 18 weeks. If they had not joined the league, The Pirates would have led for 23 weeks.

Managers Of The Month:

August - GTP_unkymo (Club 121)
September - Dave A (FC Fuzzy 11)
October - iScoRcHv (Raging turtles)
November - ASH32 (Team Ash)
December - Only_in_f1 (I drive fastest)
January - Touring Mars (Athletico Turismo V)
February - Only_in_f1 (I drive fastest)
March - Seismica (Teesside Tigers)
April - Seismica (Teesside Tigers)
May - Spacegoat (The Spacegoats FC)

Last edited:
Im having a problem with my password..i know its the right one but it says that it isnt and they also say that an email has been sent with new login details but i havent received it..and its been almost an hour now!

Right so i registered again using my other email address and a new password and it still says 'login details failed try again'! what am i doing wrong?!

I've joined in, re-entering the Teesside Tigers.

Top Tip:

Chelsea have a double gameweek.

Heres my team:

ev17d0.jpg

Moses is on-track to sign for Chelsea too, which means i'll have 4 Chelsea players for the double gameweek, and one Reading player too :D

A loophole in the rules allows you to do this as it can't force you to make a transfer, or change your lineup if he's already in your squad.

Im having a problem with my password..i know its the right one but it says that it isnt and they also say that an email has been sent with new login details but i havent received it..and its been almost an hour now!

The password requires at least 2 numbers in it, a friend of mine was annoyed as his didn't so he had to make a new one. Maybe you're using the wrong password?

I have a good team and a bad team, to see if i can sandwich the field.

Last edited:
Ive managed to sort my paasword problem out!

My team name is Inter winnit!

How about a GTPlanet Head to Head league too? I actually managed to win the public one I was in last year, thanks to the play-off style system over the last two weeks.:)

I have a good team and a bad team, to see if i can sandwich the field.

I don't think that should be allowed really. It's only supposed to be a bit of fun, you don't need two teams..

How about a GTPlanet Head to Head league too? I actually managed to win the public one I was in last year, thanks to the play-off style system over the last two weeks.:)

We could have a Head to Head league as well if you wanted. If you want to set it up I can put the details in the OP for everybody to join. Or I'll sort it out later on tonight.

Pah, your season will be as succesful as Sunderlands real season :sly:

I'm not a Sunderland fan :sly: But I certainly hope my team can do better than them. I'm from Teesside, but grew up in a family of Newcastle fans - So I sort of support both Middlesbrough and Newcastle, work that one out :lol:

I was kind of stuck for choice this time, because all of the cheap yet quality players I had last season have all sky rocketed in price (Jelavic, Cisse, Sigurdsson etc.).

Signed up, named the Abusement Park, was either going to be that or ultimate scorgasms but I didn't wanna be childish today.:D

Capture-10.jpg

We could have a Head to Head league as well if you wanted. If you want to set it up I can put the details in the OP for everybody to join. Or I'll sort it out later on tonight.

I'll leave it to you if you want to do one. We might end up with the same winner for both leagues but there is a chance someone different could win it.

Alright guys, I've created a Head to Head league as well. I've put the basic info in the OP for the guys who haven't been in a Head to Head league before, it's pretty standard stuff.

Code to join this league: 84001-265138

Last edited:
Joined. Vegard XI is this years Norwegian managed team.
I'm looking forward to the weekend and the start of the 2012-2013 Premier League, finally!

Back