Batman vs SupermanMovies 

• Thread starter andrea
  • 385 comments
Very very smart of them to play on Man of Steel's bad points (Superman destruction), I want to see this even more than any movie coming out this year to be honest.

Hm... could be merged with the "New Batman" thread, but then, the movie probably deserves its own thread.

-

Also, considering we've been told ad nauseum that this wouldn't be a movie adaptation of "The Dark Knight Returns", and yet we know for sure that it will have:

1. An older Batman, as in TDKR
2. That female Robin from TDKR
3. The robo-suit from TDKR
4. A Batman-Superman fight, a la TDKR

I have fears that it will simply be a cheap knock-off of the comic.

Zack Snyder is, undoubtedly, good at giving us detailed, hyper-realistic fantasy worlds, and he obviously does love comics... but I feel that his overblown sense of gravitas often gets the better of him.

You don't really mind the first time you see it... but after several "gritty" comic-based (or comic-style) movies, it's getting old.

Still, I've half-a-mind to watch this, anyway.

Half.

Man I get confused everytime someone types TDKR, eventually I'll auto associate it with Returns not rises :lol:

Still not hyped. It might be that I was disappointed after Man of Steel, but I am looking at this with such a critical eye that I can't feel excited.

I didn't like Batman's voice in the Christopher Nolan renditions and this just sounds like even more. Of course, you can't judge it off of a You Tube trailer, so I will just wait and see.

The five-year-old child inside me that had the Superman themed birthday party is feeling uneasy.

P7sFMkT.png

l981BNr.png

:lol: "More drama than the movie itself..."

And that, honestly, is how I felt about the trailer...

Since i can't find a suicide squad thread and both suicide squad and this movie is connected, i'm just gonna leave this here :

First look at Jared Leto's Joker

JOKER_LETO.jpg

This movie is making me wonder if we've reached Peak Grimdark, like Batman and Robin was Peak Camp.

One hopes it passes as quickly as peak lens flare (Star Trek, honestly, without the lens flare, I think it would have been at least 80% better)...

Back