The Batman

• Thread starter andrea
  • 12 comments
Afflec didn't have enough time to shine, Batman v Superman and Justice League weren't particularly great films. It's a shame we're never going to get to see his standalone movie.

I think Patterson looks like he could be a very good Batman, there's been some good ones. I have to dissagree with @inCloud's order, Kilmer was far worse than Bale. Patterson we don't know yet.

Just using those actors I'd go Keaton, Bale, Afflect, Kilmer, Clooney. I will pop Patterson in the appropriate place once I've seen the movie.

If Afflect did get his standalone film he might have been able to move up my pecking order, but maybe not. We all have our own favourites though, I know some people really didn't like Bale's version, some people hated Afflecs. I don't know who liked Clooney's but someone must have :lol:.

Last edited:
I'm sad that we never got to see Batfleck in his solo film, but I'm pretty excited for Patterson's take on the character.

Looks great. Moody dark and the villains look suitably excellent. Pattinson looks like a really good take on the Bat, slightly younger and more edgy, perfect for what they want to do with this. Bring it on.

Regarding the Pattinson ciriticism that other places seem to dish, I think its hugely unfair to judge someone before they see them in the role. I seem to remember one Heath Ledger not being a popular choice prior to The Dark Knight for the Joker. Joke was on them. I like Pattinson, and if the uneducated get off their Twilight horses they will find someone with incredible range and excellent ability. I've said from day 1 he'll be excellent.

Afflec didn't have enough time to shine, Batman v Superman and Justice League weren't particularly great films. It's a shame we're never going to get to see his standalone movie.

While true, he did enough in BvS that he was easily the best part of the movie, hands down. I'm so glad to have been wrong about his portrayal and I've been a fan ever since. It's a shame that it led to so many personal problems until he stepped away. :indiff:

As for this trailer, it looks so much better than the earlier reveals showed. Pattinson looks amazing at Bats (still not a fan of the bike or car but this is him just starting out). I can't wait to see how gritty Riddler is and how the movie handles Bruce's/Batman's issues.

This one seems more anime style or like the special Batman short films some years back.

I'd like to have seen Afleck's Batman with the Nolan scripts. In saying that, too bad we didn't get to see a back story to Afleck's Robin. An exact movie version copy, of The Dark Knight Returns novel, was my one wish.

IMO, Batflec > Patman > Keaton > Kilmer > Bale > Clooney.

West is the only Batman of note. The others are pale, if pumped up, imitations.

Even Bale doesn't have the acting range to pull off the use of oceanic repellent spray with any real conviction.

Just finished watching it. Totally worth the three hour length.
Also watched it earlier today. Good movie, totally not what I was expecting and all the better for it. Three hours flew by unnoticed. It wasn't without its faults (I didn't think Robert Pattinson was a good Bruce Wayne and made 7/10 Batman, for instance) but overall, it'll probably go down as one of the best comic book movies ever made, at least solidly in top 15.

I'm surprised there aren't more comments on this movie. I have seen it twice now, once in the cinema and once at home.

Overall it was worth the 3hr runtime, there are a couple of scenes that I felt didn't fit the overall tone of the movie and one of those in particular that they could have just left out entirely at the end, but they didn't spoil what was otherwise a great movie. But it was a very gritty, mostly grounded take on Batman. I'd say it felt more grounded than the Nolan films, which, for comic book movies at least, were already fairly grounded.

It was bit like Joker in style and tone, and The Batman was all the better for it. Definitely one of the best comic book movies to date IMO. Paul Dano was excellent as The Riddler and Robert Pattinson's take on Batman was also excellent. I also thought Zoe Kravitz did a very good job as Selina Kyle too.

Back