Bauble Burble: DS3 Performance Black Review

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 20, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

bloodyboyblue and IfAndOr like this.
  2. z71L28

z71L28

2,590lbs and 221 ft lbs, most be dam quick! I want one.:(

3. Mad Matt

Mad Matt

Sounds like a car worth looking at. I wonder if it sounds like a hot hatch and if it's willing to rev or if it's a bit boosty.

At 200bhp an LSD is always a plus so I imagine it pulls out of corners nicely.

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

Oddly it's very quiet in the cabin, but from the outside it sounds like a proper hot hatch.

It does rev well though, yes. I've driven three cars with this engine (206hp here and in the 208, 266hp in the RCZ R variant) and they all have a fairly linear response. There's not a hurry up and wait moment, or any noticeable lumps in power delivery.

5. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Thinking back to an interesting recent GTP article and looking at the size of those wheels, I bet that hasn't got a full size spare hidden in the the boot.

I quite like the gold dash it lifts the cabin somewhat, although I'd have thought it might have caused some reflection problems.

Overall a nice little motor.

6. Mad Matt

Mad Matt

Thanks for the reply. I have to say I quite like the idea of the DS3 Performance as a slightly left field choice.

7. Gregfranklin

Gregfranklin

The colour scheme turns my crank, I dig it.

8. Agbullet25

Agbullet25

I find it a little odd when discussing rivals to this the MINI was never mentioned, unless I missed where it’s not considered a B-segment hot hatch anymore. Not to mention the motor in this was also used in the Cooper S from 2011 to 2014.