BBJ Brake Mod for T3PA

• Thread starter PirovacBoy
  • 11 comments
Germany
Cologne/Germany
PirovacBoy
Hello Dudes, I just wanted to ask if someone already got one of these and can tell us how it feels.
I‘m about to buy them as I somehow think it might improve the braking in GTS.
So if anyone can tell anything I would appreciate it.

I had problems with too strong brake-pedal in gt-sport. Since you cant adjust the brakeforce ingame you need to press the pedal 100% to brake properly. This becomes very uncomfortable because in almost every corner you need all forces to push the brake pedal to 100% down.
With a stiff brake mod you probably cant push it down to 100% anymore - means you cant brake anymore in gt-s :) If the brake mod adds only 5-10kg more pressure OK but if its a mod that add 20 or more kg then it becomes a pain, but only in gt-sport. In other games i prefer a stiff brake too, but in other games you can adjust brakestrenght to make it fit to your pedal.

I had problems with too strong brake-pedal in gt-sport. Since you cant adjust the brakeforce ingame you need to press the pedal 100% to brake properly. This becomes very uncomfortable because in almost every corner you need all forces to push the brake pedal to 100% down.
With a stiff brake mod you probably cant push it down to 100% anymore - means you cant brake anymore in gt-s :) If the brake mod adds only 5-10kg more pressure OK but if its a mod that add 20 or more kg then it becomes a pain, but only in gt-sport. In other games i prefer a stiff brake too, but in other games you can adjust brakestrenght to make it fit to your pedal.
This is what @Leggacy did to overcome that issue. An adjustable hard stop 👍.

16D4D3B1-3528-44C2-BE68-09B9D869095E.jpg

I love such simple homemade mods. Great idea!, sadly 5 years too late :)
Back in these days i was using rubber and strong springs from old bed frame.

edit:
I also noticed wheel &pedals should have same kind of strenght.
It feels weird if you use a lower powered wheel with super strong pedals.
Its like your feets doing weightlifter bodybuilding and your hands playing piano :)
Also other side, super strong wheel and too soft pedals. Its like armwrestling and feets tabbing into nowhere:)

Strong wheel, strong pedals. Soft wheel, soft pedals. Feels much more balanced and give a smoother overall experience. :dopey:

Last edited:
Just a quick update Guys, I ordered the last available Mod for my t3pa.
It’s sold out now. Puh, Lucky me.
What would also be interesting to know, are the conical brake mods for the pro pedals compatible with the mount bracket for the t3pa non pro version?
Because the 3 available mods (blue/yellow/red) are still in stock, and if the screw might fit into the bracket, I see no reason not buying these too.
Anyone knows something about that...?

Attachments

• C4248903-05E4-47F1-B9F1-5FB31DF586F9.png
    C4248903-05E4-47F1-B9F1-5FB31DF586F9.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
Hello People, like i mentioned before, i have mounted and Tested the New brake mod, but unfortunately ist didn’t had the impact I! was hoping for.
Dont get me wrong it adds some nice feeling for Trail Braking which is way better to Control with this mod and even for trashhold or Full braking its definitely easier to use.
But Overall i‘m so used to the Standard mod that i‘m sort of undecided rather i should keep it and get used to it, or Stay with the „Never change a Running System“ Mentality .
Lets say it so, its definitely more intuitive for someone who is coming from a Standard Pedal Set and than testing them side by side.

Hmmm, I’m still kind of undecided...

Sorry if my expression sounds weird but writing in English, thinking German must sound confusing for you native English speaking Folks :lol:

Last edited:
Hello People, like i mentioned before, i have mounted and Tested the New brake mod, but unfortunately ist didn’t had the impact I! was hoping for.
Dont get me wrong it adds some nice feeling for Trail Braking which is way better to Control with this mod and even for trashhold or Full braking its definitely easier to use.
But Overall i‘m so used to the Standard mod that i‘m sort of undecided rather i should keep it and get used to it, or Stay with the „Never change a Running System“ Mentality .
Lets say it so, its definitely more intuitive for someone who is coming from a 2Pedal Set and than testing them side by side.

Hmmm, I’m still kind of undecided...

Sorry if my expression sounds weird but writing in English, thinking German must sound confusing for you native English speaking Folks :lol:

I highly recommend a loadcell mod.

I highly recommend a loadcell mod.
Are you talking about the mod you have linked in your signature?
If so, what can you Tell me about it,i read the Reviews on the Page, but it would be cool if you Could also describe your opinion.

Are you talking about the mod you have linked in your signature?
If so, what can you Tell me about it,i read the Reviews on the Page, but it would be cool if you Could also describe your opinion.

I now use Fanatec pedals, but at the time they were great. Plug and play! You will need to get used to it in the beginning, because you lose some travel of the pedal, but after a while it will feel very natural.

Back