Beat the GT World Championship

• Thread starter 8bit_c63
  • 58 comments
Dead Dreamer
Aaargh, its impossible!
I have 8000 B-Spec points, a 1250hp Minolta and I still place less than 4th!

I tell you, how do you get the R92C Skyline? Ah, someone plz help me?!

Practice some more, I won the tournament (by only 4 points) with this car. Remove your stage 4 turbo when racing on the more technical tracks, should make you faster around corners. I did lose heavily on Hong Kong though... and also Paris I believe.... but for most tracks it is possible to win with this car if your pitting strategy is good enough. That's where I lost a lot of points, by not pitting when I should have. I didn't know a car would handle THAT bad with red tires. :yuck:

Another way to win is if you have the F1 car. From what I hear it makes it very easy to win, all you have to do is the 24 hour Ring race.

Why buy an Audi R8 for the endurance? the R8 is perfect for GT World Championship to.I used a stock GT-one and I won the championship with 96 points.No big deal.why is there such a hype round this event since you can easily beat it with any LMP or C-class car?

Cheers,

Dead Dreamer
Aaargh, its impossible!
I have 8000 B-Spec points, a 1250hp Minolta and I still place less than 4th!

I tell you, how do you get the R92C Skyline? Ah, someone plz help me?!

Dude I'm telling yah, the R92CP is not that good 👎 Get the Minolta 88C-V or a LMP car.the LMP cars can corner better.LMP cars have better aerodynamics but the C-class cars have much more performance (around 200 bhp more).they catch you on the straights but on tracks with much corners you can easily beat them because on certain tracks they always spin out.Too much power for all those corners 👎 That's why I'm driving a LMP car(actually a LMP-GT1 car, the GT-one :sly: )

All You Need To Do

1St Qualify , Never Start from the Back, lap Trafic will Ruin You, 2nd or 1st, These are Invaluable

Get The Minolta And Add the Stage 4 Turbo
Then Put SuperHard Tyres At The Back & Hard At the front

Now B-spec .
Keep On 4 all the time, Only Apply over take When needed, Having it On At

Unescessary times, Kills Your Line, TRUST ME

Now Just try This, 100% It will work, & Dont fret if You Lose a race or 2, keep going , i came 3rd , 2wice

Yours Tm 👍

i totally agree with smellysocks12

i'm using the minolta, had stage 4 turbo for the 1st two races, won easy

but new york was another matter... reset my ps2 and took the turbo mod off.... was MUCH easier then (a case of less is more)

thx bud

Gord

tm2003
All You Need To Do

1St Qualify , Never Start from the Back, lap Trafic will Ruin You, 2nd or 1st, These are Invaluable

Get The Minolta And Add the Stage 4 Turbo
Then Put SuperHard Tyres At The Back & Hard At the front

Now B-spec .
Keep On 4 all the time, Only Apply over take When needed, Having it On At

Unescessary times, Kills Your Line, TRUST ME

Now Just try This, 100% It will work, & Dont fret if You Lose a race or 2, keep going , i came 3rd , 2wice

Yours Tm 👍

As I said before, there is no need to get a car with stage 4 turbo.A LMP(R8,BMW V12 LMR,.....) car or a LMP-GT1(Toyota GT-one, Bentley speed 8,..... ) car will do fine, not to mention the C-class cars :scared:

All the effort for winning El Capitan enduro, then spend your money on stage 4 turbo is no needed at all.Just buy one of the black cars or the LMP, LMP-GT1 's at a car dealer.

the only thing you need for this event is some skill not a 1200 hp car :crazy:

Cheers,

BlazinXtreme
Another way to win is if you have the F1 car. From what I hear it makes it very easy to win, all you have to do is the 24 hour Ring race.
totally true. and you don't even need any money to get it!! just get the ia licence to complete driving missions 30-34, so you get the NISSAN R89C Race Car '89. this can be left to b-spec the 'ring 24hr with a massive win!! (i upgraded the turbo and used RSH rear and RH fronts).

btw i won all the races in a-spec with the polyphony :sly: dead easy!

oh, and yeah i guess it takes money to upgrade the car :dunce:

dimi108
Seeing as Im struggling to beat this section of the game (although Im 43% complete) I went searching for a guide to pass this frustrating race.
So here I have found a nice guide on how to beat this rediculous championship 👎

1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

2. Take a fast car - I recommend the Audi R8 racing car - and enter the El Captain 200 Miles event.

3. Fit Super-Hard Racing tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front.

4. B-spec the event and the 66 laps won't take too long.

5. A car like the R8 will easily win this event without you having to set the speed above 3.

6. For winning the event you will receive a Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) '89

7. Fit Super-Hard tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front of this car

8. Now enter the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall.

9. Run all the events on b-spec at level 3 with no overtaking.

10. The AI cars will race ahead, but will pit once or several times during the event, with your hard tires you will not need to pit

11. You should win enough races this way to take the Championship, though you'll most likely lose Hong Kong, but I managed using Medium Racing tires to the front and Super-Hard racing tires at the back.

12. For winning this championship you'll receive a stack of cash, the ending movie (which is odd as you haven't anywhere near completed the game), unlock the Extreme Competitions and receive the Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II '04.

What settings did you use for the minolta? I'm using one in the gt world championship, and since I don't have the ia licence, I'm b-specing the whole thing (my dude has about 7200 points). So far i won tokyo and superspeedway, but the best I can do in hong kong is 3rd place. My settings are:

tires: rm/rsh (also tried rh/rsh, same thing)
stock turbo
brakes: 10/4
default springs
ride height: 60/60
shocks: 8 front/6 rear (both bound and rebound)
toe: 0/0
stabs: 6/4
downforce: max
default lsd
gears: 6-auto

My stategy is not to pit, but I'm racing against another $#@%! minolta, and that guy pits once and still finishes about 15-20 seconds ahead of me, even if I don't run with overtaking. I bought a stage 4 turbo, but I'm not using it in this race, doesn't seem to help any. Also installed increased rigidity, in case it matters. It's kinda frustrating (I hate how that car shakes in the rear and wears out rear tires faster than normal), but it's the best car I have, and it sux.

uh oh from what I've heard increasing rigidity on a race car (already has a roll cage, other stuff) makes the car stiffer than a Viagara user. I wouldn't know, though (in either case)

I did this championship race yesterday, and there are some stumbling blocks. I was using the black GT-One, modded, and won by around 14 points only. The first two races were easy I seem to remember, but Hong Kong was hell, I quit after two laps. New York was also a ***** - I took the risk not to pit and ended up squandering a 16 second lead and coming last - my last lap was 40 seconds off my best one. Why that track is 15 laps I have no idea.

Anyway, any LMP car fully modded should do the trick, just stick at it and use good tyre strategy (as I sometimes failed to). You won't win all the races, but that doesn't matter. :)

I used the black R92 with stage4 T,and won 9 of 10 races b-spec.I just practiced 1-2 laps till i got the pole position in every race,and then it was all easy.

Just a suggestion for anyone struggling with Hong Kong in this series...

Try stretching out your gears, dropping your tires to the next lower level and take the pit stop at halfway or greater. When I figured this out, I dropped 3+ seconds off my lap times. If you do the math over the course of the race (18 laps) that is a lap time gain of 54 seconds minus the pit stop and you are 15+ seconds faster on the race... 👍 You spank Kong instead of Kong spanking you.

phattboy

I used the F1 and barely won the championship in A-spec. Can't remember but I quit out of Hong Kong and Opera-Paris and finished last in another race (3, zero point races). Sucks I had to use R3s the entire time. I need to do a search and see if you can change the tires on the F1....? Anyways I won with 63 or 64 points. Close call, it came down to the last two races in which I took first in both to win the title.

Heres the breakdown:

6 - First Places
1 - Third? or Fourth?
3 - Last or Quit

i need some help , i have completed the beginner and most of proffessional , i am at the gran tourismo world championship but it when i select it, it indicates that i am not able to compete because i have to win everything in beginner and professional and i have done that expect the world championship, so what is the problem, how can i proceed

sawyersgs
i need some help , i have completed the beginner and most of proffessional , i am at the gran tourismo world championship but it when i select it, it indicates that i am not able to compete because i have to win everything in beginner and professional and i have done that expect the world championship, so what is the problem, how can i proceed

You missed something, you have to have every race.

phattboy

I'm currently doing this championship in my Zonda LM Race Car, stage 4 turbo.
Around 63 A-Spec points for each race.

1st Race: Tokyo R246
I'm up against the Minolta Toyota, Nissan 92, and 89 race cars, CLK GTR and the Vertigo race car. I used soft tyres to qualify first. Then I put racing medium tyres on the front and hard on the back to start of the race.
Apart from the start (I was beaten slightly in acceleration) the Zonda did well and I was slowly gaining about 1 second each lap. I pitted on lap 6-7 and they pitted one lap after. Won by about 10 secs.

2nd Race: Twin Ring Motegi SS
Again used RS tyres to qualify but only managed second. Poor Zonda was instantly overpowered from the word go. Minolta and both Nissans were steadily gaining time on me. They pitted just over half way and i retook the lead. Tyres were'nt that bad so I was going to do the whole race without pitting. Lap 19 they started catching up again, my tyres were gone. Ended up finishing in second place behind the Nissan 92/Minolta (cant remember which one). At this stage I tried to buy Super Hard tyres but wasn't allowed. Looks like I'll have to do it the hard way.

3rd Race: Hong Kong
I'd heard about this and knew it was going to be hard. Qualified first. Started well and stayed around 4-6 seconds in the lead. Pitted at lap 8 and knew I was in trouble. The Minolta pitted with me on the same lap (it usually does on most races) but Nissan 92 took off ahead. Re-took the lead by had to pit again on lap 16. Ended up 5 seconds behind the Nissan 92 in second place, the Minolta behind me.

At this point I think I was equal first in points with either the Nissan or Toyota, the other not far behind. The Nissan 89, GTR, and Vertigo were out off it.
Though I was doing pretty well at this stage.

4th Race: Seoul Reverse
As soon as I raced my two qualifying laps I knew this was one race I'd win. The Zonda raced well and had no competition. Kept myself busy by taking tenths of my best lap. Got it down to 49.018 (or something very close to this). I even had time to pit twice (the minolta also pitted twice but I'm not sure about the nissan) and won by around 25 secs. Another 63 A-Spec points. I need this to take the lead by 4 points in the total ranking.

5th Race: El Capitan
Now this was one nerve-racking race. Qualified first but because of the long straight at the start, both nissian's and the toyota took the lead. Caught back up to them though a couple corners later though. Focused and gaining time because I knew I'd have to pit twice with the Nissan only pitting once. Twice I had gotten out to 6-7 second lead but spun out, both times I was passed. Both the Minolta and myself pitted at lap 5, Nissan at 6. This is where it gets interesting. I knew the Nissan was going to win because we had to pit twice so I was going to run thr risk of spinning out on the last lap to win the race. On laps 7-9 I was driving really well trying to at least get a lead on the Nissan so I had room for error. Lap 11 came and my 7 second lead was quickly dying. Tyres were orange, I was starting to panic and make stupid mistakes. Ran wide onto the sand and entered the last section with only a 2 second lead. This is where I would die or live. The last undulating bit was really hard as I was trying to stop the Zonda from spinning out. It was having trouble accelerating and the traction control sign was lighting up. Entered the last straight and gunned it. A race to the finish. I could see the Nissan catching me fast in my rear view mirrow. :scared: !!!! !!!! $$$ flashed up on the screen as I beat him by just .3 of a second and took home a well deserved $25,000 in cash.

This first placing boosted me up 8 points in the lead

6th Race: New York
Just like Seoul, I knew I'd won from the qualifying laps. Not much happened on this. Ended up winning by 25secs and lapping the poor Vertigo (sometimes you feel sorry for it).

Thats all the races I've done so far. I'll update later. Hope you liked it. :)

👍 👍 👍 Excellent!!!

I think you should put the whole thing in the GT4 Write-ups where more folks will see it.

How do you have that Zonda setup?

phattboy

sawyersgs

Did you enter the championships in whole series or did you do them each apart?

Cheers,

dimi108
Seeing as Im struggling to beat this section of the game (although Im 43% complete) I went searching for a guide to pass this frustrating race.
So here I have found a nice guide on how to beat this rediculous championship 👎

1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

2. Take a fast car - I recommend the Audi R8 racing car - and enter the El Captain 200 Miles event.

3. Fit Super-Hard Racing tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front.

4. B-spec the event and the 66 laps won't take too long.

5. A car like the R8 will easily win this event without you having to set the speed above 3.

6. For winning the event you will receive a Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) '89

7. Fit Super-Hard tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front of this car

8. Now enter the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall.

9. Run all the events on b-spec at level 3 with no overtaking.

10. The AI cars will race ahead, but will pit once or several times during the event, with your hard tires you will not need to pit

11. You should win enough races this way to take the Championship, though you'll most likely lose Hong Kong, but I managed using Medium Racing tires to the front and Super-Hard racing tires at the back.

12. For winning this championship you'll receive a stack of cash, the ending movie (which is odd as you haven't anywhere near completed the game), unlock the Extreme Competitions and receive the Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II '04.

FREAK ALL THAT WORK!!
I just got the R92CP Race Car and A-Spec'd the WHOLE DARN THING...
lol
It was fun though...
WHOOPED EM'!! :dopey:

phattboy
You missed something, you have to have every race.

phattboy

i won evry race in beginner and every race in profeesional expect the gt world championship which i am trying to enter and it is telling me i have to win all races in beginer and professional. HELP

sawyersgs
i won evry race in beginner and every race in profeesional expect the gt world championship which i am trying to enter and it is telling me i have to win all races in beginer and professional. HELP

As Pink_the_Floyd asked:

Pink_the_Floyd
Did you enter the championships in whole series or did you do them each apart?

Did you win the races individually or as series? You have to race the series to complete.

phattboy

i'm on Suzuka now and not feeling too good about it. i'm in the Minolta. I'm 8 points in the lead right now. just can't seem to get a good suspenion and tranny setup on this guy. the breaking sucks as well.

hong kong sort of sucked, but Paris was the biggest ***** for me....probably cause it was the first time i ever raced it. only one i got 6th in.

any suggestions for a better setup on the Minolta?

thanks.

:)
Good to hear everyone is managing through it. So the R92CP is a good car to use is it? 💡
Might give it a go!

Has anybody managed to get all golds (come 1st) for GT World Championship yet? :scared:

phattboy
:lol: :lol: :lol: And with how many different cars??? :D

You're as bad as me... But, then again, this is one of the few worthwhile race series in the game.
phattboy
:lol: It's Posted! Took me almost as long to do the Write-Up as it did to run the Races! :eek: ...O.G. :D

Back