Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_8.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_9.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_1.jpg

I´m late too but anyways: Happy Birthday @Nismonath5!!! Damn i feel old now with my 22 years :indiff::lol:
And damn, tuesday seemed to be alot of fun (as always). :drool:
What i forgot to ask: Would some people mind to add me on PSN so i can at least participate in the "Gran Turismo´s TT´s" ? If you guys are actually doing them, because the "Real TT´s" are much better! (That´s what she said :sly: )

Cheers

I´m late too but anyways: Happy Birthday @Nismonath5!!! Damn i feel old now with my 22 years :indiff::lol:
And damn, tuesday seemed to be alot of fun (as always). :drool:
What i forgot to ask: Would some people mind to add me on PSN so i can at least participate in the "Gran Turismo´s TT´s" ? If you guys are actually doing them, because the "Real TT´s" are much better! (That´s what she said :sly: )

Cheers
Thanks bro!
I just added you on PSN :D

@RuSTeD you can do a search for clubs in the Community section of GT6 for "Car of the Week" and it will show both clubs... the one by @McClarenDesign and by @Nismonath5 . The latter is the one being used for the latest TT's including this weeks victim.

As for adding you on PSN, I'll see if there's room in my friend's list later on today.

Cheers
Yeah, good idea! Didn´t thought about it. I´ll go for it later. And sure, do as you wish. :)
Thanks bro!
I just added you on PSN :D
Yeah, got your friend request. Only have a very weird bug/glitch, when i´m going on your friend request my PS3 is crashing :odd::scared: Don´t know why. Google wasn´t able to help me too... So no idea what i can do :indiff: I appreciate it though.

...and a shameless plug...

Guess who´s back?! :crazy::cheers: Long time no see :dopey: How are you? Nice shirt! Nice to see what you´re doing :) Do you know when you´re show up here more regulary?

Well, I don't have a much to say about this Merc. Too heavy, brakes are weak, it doesn't have a lot of grip. I needed aids today to have more than a grimacingly unhappy experience. I messed around with tuning it and continued to be disappointed. Beater, period.
That is what I like to see! This is a purely objective, decided, and brutally honest review of a beater car without trying to defend it with some of the things you like about it. It sounds aweful. I will probably not drive it. Thanks @Draggon :D:cheers:

SLR stands for "Sport Light Racing"- Wait, WHAT?!

It's true! Funny, isn't it? "Light". What the hell were they thinking?!!! Ah well, we'll get to that one in a minute..

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

The SLR is downright dangerous in the wet!

To any hardcore GT fan (Or just anyone who clocked GT4), mentioning the SLR will most likely bring back memories of that driving challenge. To anyone who may not know what I'm talking about, let me set the scene... You're in an SLR. At the Nurburgring. On Sport Medium tyres. The lead 300SL has a two-minute (I think it was about that, give or take) headstart. Oh, and you only have one lap to pull them in and take the top spot! When I finally beat that event after many, many months, I snapped the winning moment as proof if my memory card ever corrupted. I tell ya, the folks at PD did a great job of setting up those missions so that most of them were down to the wire!

IMG0242.JPG

The fruit of many months' worth of hitting "Restart"

With such a tedious challenge, you can see why I don't entirely like the SLR. It wasn't the car, it was the past experience. This week, however, I found out the car wasn't exactly anything to get excited about either..
It costs over $600,000. This is quite expensive, even for a supercar. To compare that number...
Lexus LFA- $375,000
Ferrari 458 Italia- $283,000
Nissan GT-R NISMO- $154,000
Pagani Zonda C12- $388,000
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1- $184,000

You get my point, a lot of the cars that are suitable rivals for it are also way cheaper.
Now as far as driving, it feels like you're steering a yacht. It weighs 1700kgs, which is ironic considering it's own name declares it as "Sport Light Racing". The excessive weight is thanks to a bulky semi-automatic gearbox, which severely hinders handling and driving feel. The gearbox is also quite long, which adds to the slow, boggy acceleration feel you get while driving this whale, and the gear changes take about half an hour each.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Vic challenges Baron at his spiritual home..

Admittedly, I like the rest of it. The crystal silver looks sharp, and it doesn't sound bad. It's got a rear pop up wing, mean as 18 inch wheels, a sort of personality about it... Sadly that personality isn't racing-oriented.

Beater. 👎

I could nitpick more on the SLR, but frankly I can't be arsed, I'm keen to get out of it, and I reckon this week's gonna be good! :D

Congratulations @Death2508!!!!!

I mainly drift, so if this car's crap for racing, I am deeply sorry.

Don't be, mate! This is what this club's all about, trying different cars..
Also, don't say "drift" on this thread!!! @Vic Reign93 already slides anything with four wheels, he doesn't need folk like you egging him on!

fe3786b39d930c2063aab40bf1237241.jpg

It's the 1990 Mazda RX-7 (FC) GT-X!!!!

Ah, my apologies, I got caught up in the moment. Surely a professional Gran Turismo car reviewer such as yours truly would have learned how to behave by now, but as it turns out, all it takes is one “brap” and I am right back in childish mode.
Hey, @Niku Driver HC! Brap. :lol:
Rear wheel drive, sports tyres (edit: Nope, CS), not heavy but not light, respectable power, and cheap! It's looking promising...
This week's Playing With TT's will take place on the Mount Akina run, courtesy of @SolidSnake7735! That is, if I can. I don't know if you can create TT events using a "Point A to Point B" course instead of a circuit.. We'll find out! :sly:

Also, I have heard from a potentially unreliable source that Mr. McClarenDesign himself will be re-joining our schenanigans again this week!

Last edited:
The SLR...

IGKzpuk.jpg

This should be a car that dreams are made of... 2 powerhouses of the automotive world tag teaming to make an out and out supercar. With all the knowledge from their racing teams, combined with history making predecessors like the F1 McLaren, this should have been a homerun shot. Sadly, there was WAY too much Mercedes Benz in her. Like about 500 kgs too much.

Even if it were the same weight as you could get it here in GT6... after a Jenny Craig Stage 3 diet, and wearing a conbon bonnet and lightweight sunglasses which gets the SLR down to a respectable 1,311 kgs, it would still outweigh the McLaren F1 by 171 kgs! And that girl is 15 years older... another reason to give cougars a chance.

She's gorgeous all the same, and has enough get up and go to make any guy smile. But it still equates to nothing more than a trophy wife... with the high maintenance drama and costs to go with it. Would I like to have her in my harem? Sure. Could I ever be faithful to her and her alone? HELL NO!!!

Does that mean I'll just dump her to the curb? I just can't... you can stay, just don't eat all my cookies! Neutral status, just 'cause.

Cheers

Well... Dammit!

I'll most likely be missing Tuesday night's racing because I'll be going to a hot spring, and Saturday's because I'll be watching all 161 laps of the legendary Bathurst 1000 live! :eek:

...And I was really looking forward to this week's racing, the RX-7 looks so promising!!! :( Anyhoo, I'll thrash it around and do a photo shoot/review for it later, then.

I'll most likely be missing Tuesday night's racing because I'll be going to a hot spring, and Saturday's because I'll be watching all 161 laps of the legendary Bathurst 1000 live! :eek:

Then I guess the Saturday racing session isn't going to happen? Shame, because the RX-7 is easy enough to understand for the most part to have good one-make racing, it's a beginner's sports car in many aspects. Well, be sure to enjoy your Bathurst journey, because it's bound to be wild!

Attention RX7 testers: this car is slidey as hell, set your steering sensitivity/diff/rainbow machine accordingly.

Well we can't tune our cars (COTW rules) other than changes of color and/or rims, but thanks for the advice. Personally I don't think it's that slidey, we have driven far worse in that regard...

Then I guess the Saturday racing session isn't going to happen? Shame, because the RX-7 is easy enough to understand for the most part to have good one-make racing, it's a beginner's sports car in many aspects. Well, be sure to enjoy your Bathurst journey, because it's bound to be wild!

Well we can't tune our cars (COTW rules) other than changes of color and/or rims, but thanks for the advice. Personally I don't think it's that slidey, we have driven far worse in that regard...

Guess I'm pulling double duty on hosting this week. :P

Mate, if you're host, you're just going to annihilate us. We need the advantage on you!

:cheers:

LMAO... I wish! You really need to pass that memo to all the people who kick my 🤬 on a weekly basis during the races! The way people have improved is quite astonishing and scary!!! :nervous:

There are many, many heroes here at COTW headquarters! I thank every one of them for reminding me to try and keep improving, just so I can keep up... I don't have enough fingers to point at the ones who've improved by leaps and bounds. It's awesome to see, and I love it!!!

Never stop trying people! :bowdown:

Cheers

Mate, if you're host, you're just going to annihilate us. We need the advantage on you!

:cheers:

I think your comment needs to be addressed to yours truly. :sly:

#NoSutbletyHere :lol:

But in all seriousness, as Baron said, everyone has improved leaps and bounds since I first raced them back in early 2014, Barons now one of the quicker Canucks I know, MC has improved in his consistency to such an extent he's doing other kinds of racing like Vintage F1, Modern F1 and Rallying and not crashing out every five seconds. :D

Everyone else who joins us each week knows who they are and that they too have improved as well.

Bottom Line: Stick around, there's plenty to learn and still learn. ;)👍

I could nitpick more on the SLR, but frankly I can't be arsed, I'm keen to get out of it, and I reckon this week's gonna be good! :D

Congratulations @Death2508!!!!!

Don't be, mate! This is what this club's all about, trying different cars..
Also, don't say "drift" on this thread!!! @Vic Reign93 already slides anything with four wheels, he doesn't need folk like you egging him on!

View attachment 591992
It's the 1990 Mazda RX-7 (FC) GT-X!!!!

Hey, @Niku Driver HC! Brap. :lol:
Rear wheel drive, sports tyres (edit: Nope, CS), not heavy but not light, respectable power, and cheap! It's looking promising...
This week's Playing With TT's will take place on the Mount Akina run, courtesy of @SolidSnake7735! That is, if I can. I don't know if you can create TT events using a "Point A to Point B" course instead of a circuit.. We'll find out! :sly:

Also, I have heard from a potentially unreliable source that Mr. McClarenDesign himself will be re-joining our schenanigans again this week!
Thats one sick looking Seven...

Back