Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

Here’s your 24hrs left reminder, if you haven’t posted your times nows the time to do so. 👍

Forza Motorsport 7 12_15_2018 12_19_50 AM.png

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh not even close. I do love the car though. It goes like heck, and has plenty of grip to contain all that power thanks to those big ol' rear tires. Bonus points for the interesting factory colours.

Sleeper

Here are the times for the ‘King Of The Hill’ C4 Vette.

@Vic Reign93 1:39.293
@Drex124 1:41.7
@RikkiGT-R 1:45.063
@Obelisk 1:45.779

Apologies on your time Drex as the last two numbers are hardly recognisable for me. :crazy:

So what do we have for you this week? That’s an easy one, A car that as far as i’m aware no one currently has and can only be driven via the rent car section..

Brace yourselves, for it is..

197F280C-96DE-4083-A4CE-1FE8C322B6E5.png

The 1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12!!!

The car that scared it’s owner into cancelling its production run, not many cars get that sorta claim. :P

The Speed 12 is one of Britain’s and the world of Supercars bigger ‘What If’ moments, What if it actually got put into production? How much would the Supercar landscape have changed if did beat the Mclaren F1?

On paper, it had all the hardware to do so, a 7.7 litre V12 made by joining 2 of their Straight 6’s on a single crankshaft and made... Well that’s a fun tibit in itself.

Officially TVR quotes the V12 at 800hp( which is what it has in game.) But the story goes that when they tested it on a dyno rated for 1000hp, it snapped the input shaft for it. :eek:

They then tested each bank of cylinders to try and get a rough idea of its true power, each bank made 480hp for a theoretical max output of 960hp, but again it broke a input shaft for a 1000hp rated dyno.

The point is, 800hp is well inside what the engine was capable of making, heck it’s only in the last few years that NA engined cars have gotten into the same ball park of power as that conservative figure, Only the upcoming Aston Martin Valkyrie can say without a shadow of doubt that it’s NA V12 makes 1000hp. :drool:

That monster of a engine in the Speed 12 is hooked up to a custom built 6 speed manual gearbox which sends all the power and all 649ft-lbs of torque(also likely a conservative figure.) to the rear wheels.

That engine tells a good portion of the story to this cars performace, the rest is made up by the cars low kerb weight of 2,150lbs (Just under a ton.) which gives the Speed 12 a power to weight ratio of 820hp per ton. :bowdown:

And this car let me remind you, was a late 90’s, early 2000’s machine. :eek:

There’s more to the Speed 12 than just the road car, but that’s something for you guys to see for yourselves.

So where does one go with such a barely restrained machine?

The Mecha of Italian speed Monza, specifically the full circuit alternative layout with no pesky first turn chicane so speeds of over 210mph are possible. :scared:

So take a brave pill, strap in and hang on for dear life, best of luck people. :cheers:

Wait, with the what the??? This car is available? In Forza Motorsport 7? As a Rental? Okay, I'll bite. What Car Division is it in? Or how do I find this wonderful machine? Please elaborate further.

EDIT; Nevermind

ELITE FACTORY RACERS !!!!

Last edited:
@Vic Reign93 - I'll be on tonight and can't wait to give the Speed 12 a whirl.

I have driven it before and will predict it as being a beater, simply because it is pretty much undrivable :scared:

Honestly if this car had ever made it into production it would have claimed many lives what with TVR's insistence on using no driving aids. This is one car that absolutely needed them :lol:

I will be driving it hardcore, since that's how it was made.

IMG_20181220_184704.jpg

I might have been wrong about the Speed 12. Car was actually very good to drive even with a controller + hardcore, very stable at high speed, corners very well, genuinely great fun.

I'd like to have another go, but use my wheel because I have the sneaking suspicion this car would be a joy to drive.

Verdict - sleeper.

PS... I am still suffering from wheel to pad transition so my time isn't as good as I would otherwise manage.

Last edited:
a9d24467-5037-422e-bb77-aa681c32fea3.PNG

1:36.468
If I am not mistaken, this is the very car that caused me to start driving with assists on. (I'm not sure which game it was, Gran Turismo 1 or Forza 1, but it was one of the driving challenges that just drove me insane, because of the ridiculous wheelspin). So that being said, yeah, I drive with assists on. I am a little put off by the car division it's in, I would have pegged it for Rise of the Supercar. But, it's fine in this class. Handles remarkably well, and accelerates like very few cars in the game. I found this challenge to be quite a joy, long straight-aways, tight chicanes and a car that seems born to handle both. Given the status of the car in this game, Rental only, I am obligated to vote: Sleeping Beauty

Hey Turn 10! Why don't you release this car from it's slumber ?

Hey Turn 10! Why don't you release this car from it's slumber ?

Just feel obliged to say I can only agree.
Forza's strength has for a long time been the fact all the content is unlocked from the start, yet Forza 7 STILL has several vehicles locked away for reasons unknown :confused:

The game was released OVER A YEAR AGO.

To be fair to them, The Speed 12 was only added in recently for I assume will be a Rivals event as a prize, but I take your point. ;)

84F34C35-320F-4A17-BDDB-6C46741EDA68.jpeg

Colour me surprised in regards to the Speed 12, it’s much quicker and more planted than you expect. :D

Sure if you light up the rears at the wrong time it doesn’t need a second invitation to bite back, but if you manage to tame the low speed wheelspin, it’s almost unbelievably planted.

It stops remarkablely well, has a fast shifting 6 speed and despite the lack of any obvious aerodynamic wings, is planted at high speed turns like turn 1, I was going through it at around 175-180+mph and didn’t fly right off the track. :P

I was expecting it to be quick, but abit unruly, turns out it’s both quick AND quite approachable(Well as about as approachable a car with 820hp per ton can be.:lol:) in how it drives.

Verdict: Sleeper :)👍

Awk the times you guys are getting are ridiculous I'm plugging in my wheel first chance I get :irked:

@Vic Reign93 why is your car rated R897?

Awk the times you guys are getting are ridiculous I'm plugging in my wheel first chance I get :irked:

@Vic Reign93 why is your car rated R897?

I made sure that Allow upgrades was switched off as Rentals can be homologated by the game.

It’s why I set division to any and upgrades to off, to remove that possible issue.

I made sure that Allow upgrades was switched off as Rentals can be homologated by the game.

It’s why I set division to any and upgrades to off, to remove that possible issue.

Oooh I see. That's reason enough for me to do it again :mischievous:

Just thought I give you guys a heads up on this.

As it’s the time of Christmas cheer and sharing gifts with loved ones and understandably, not wanting to waste that time trying to improve your times. :lol:

So therefore I’m extending the time trial for another week so that means the next event will be at the usual time on January 1st 2019. ;)

Enjoy your christmas holidays, but don’t forget about the Speed 12 now. :P

Merry Christmas :cheers:

This car is currently the bane of my life. Close to changing my mind and labelling it a beater as it seems undrivable with a wheel :confused:
But that could be put down to FM7's WAY TOO FUSSY invalidation system and my insistence on playing hardcore... the car is a lunatic.

Gonna have another go at this Schizo of a car, I need to improve my time and I've got ages left :lol:

Happy new year everyone, hope all is well. :cheers:

Oh and this is your 24hrs left reminder to get your times updated or posted. :D

Forza Motorsport 7 1_1_2019 5_58_41 PM.png

(1:31.643) (I remembered this time!)

This was a weird one. Even by today's standards this car's stats should strike fear into the hearts of many a driver. And yet, with a bit of patience, it's soooo easy to go stupid fast in this thing. It'll do 200(khp)+ before you've had time to blink and will carry that speed through most corners with relative ease. On the other hand, get too confident, especially at lower speeds, and it will you leave wheels spinning in a cloud of smoke or somewhere in the scenery.

I'm left wondering though how realistic any of this performance is compared to whatever the real car ended up being. Really we'll never know. The only car that survived is a reconstructed amalgamation of what the road car would have been mixed with leftovers from its racing counterpart. It ended up getting sold to a private owner and supposedly still does the rounds at British car shows though.

Verdict: Sleeper

Ok let’s get the scores on the board and get started on a new year for everyone. :cheers:

@FastBud 1:31.443*
@Drex124 1:31.643
@Vic Reign93 1:31.739
@AlienDeathRay 1:36.468
@RikkiGT-R 1:38.690

Unofficially Fastbud is the fastest, but just missed the closing time by 14 mins So Drex gets the official nod for this week. ;)

So what do we have to kick off 2019? A combination that’ll likely give Vietnam flashbacks to the Forza players who took part in this rivals event back on FM6.

And that sentence has probably already got them in a cold sweat.

The car in question?

689947A5-E2B5-4C30-848B-5AB705613E62.png

The 2014 Rolls Royce Wraith!!!

Yep, it’s THAT rivals event. :scared:

For those don’t remember or know, back in Feb 2016 the bounty hunter event on FM6 was with B Class tuned Rolls Royce’s and the guy to beat was RBW Triton, who is what some might consider a ‘pretty fast driver’. :P

What made the event such an infamous one at the time was to those who went faster than him, they were awarded the 1977 AM V8 Vantage which was an exclusive car at the time, plus 100 people would be randomly picked to get one too.

If I recall correctly, it was a very low 3 digit number of drivers who actually beat him, myself included. :P

Everyone else was tearing their hair out. :scared:

The Rolls Royce has a 6.6 litre V12 with 2 turbos making 624hp and 590ft-lbs of torque which is sent to the rear via a 8 speed automatic gearbox which has satellite assistance.( No seriously, it’s gearbox is assisted by actual GPS satellites:eek:)

Now Rolls Royce’s aren’t the first word in sportiness, But they ARE on the shortlist of words to describe luxury, smooth rides and silence, but said luxury and sound deadening adds weight, 5,380lbs to be exact (2,440kgs).

So where did the Rolls give Forza players hell at on FM6? Brands Hatch GP Circuit which is where we’re heading. :P

So let’s give Rolls Royce the send off it deserves as it didn’t return for FH4, but small disclaimer.

I Vic Reigns or COTW can’t be held liable for any negative flashbacks and consequences this event may set off for forza players who were there at that bounty hunter event. :lol:

Best of luck everyone. 👍

D9E04C76-0D7E-4B81-B4EC-9A0A51AD2FBC.jpeg

Apologies for the later than usual post. :P

So the Roller, not surprisingly it’s weight makes it self known under braking and lead me to run wide at the same turn twice in a row(Same place that gave me issues on that Rivals event.).

The differential is pretty open so it can smoke the inside tyre under corner exit acceleration, but aside from that the Wraith was dignified in how it drove around Brands Hatch.

It’s no track warrior, but it’s not built for that, it’s a twin turbo luxury isolation chamber. :D

Verdict: Neutral :)

IMG_20190106_185546.jpg

This car is horrible when it comes to braking. Just does not want to slow down at all and my best lap (1:46.4xx - I was .8 seconds ahead before the /!\ lit up) was wrecked by sliding off at the final corner, and I couldn't be bothered doing 2 more laps just for a potential clean one.

In its current guise it's a beater for me, but I'm curious how it will handle once I strip out a ton of weight, improve the tires, and do some tuning.

Verdict: beater with potential.

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentleman, Here’s your 24hrs left reminder.

24hrs left ladies and gentleman. :P

Ok here are the times for the Rolls Royce.

@Vic Reign93 1:42.386
@RikkiGT-R 1:47.204

From a luxurious heavyweight to a spartan lightweight, this week we’re turning Japanese(Now that songs in your head, you’re welcome. :lol:).

Here is..

4794CDFA-EBB4-4891-9C88-B59217506994.png

The 1970 Honda S800!!!

The S2000’s predecessor, low weight, open top and a rev happy naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine.

Of all of the sub 1 litre engined cars in the Forza series, the little S800 is one of if not the most powerful of the bunch at 70hp & 48ft-lbs of torque from 791cc’s of engine.

Redline? knocking on the door of 10,000rpm(and over if given a race camshaft.). :drool:

Unsurprisingly it’s a light weight, 1,565lbs to exact and that’s divided perfectly over both axles with a 50-50 weight balance.

With 4 gears in its manual gearbox to match the number of cylinders, it encourages you to rev the nuts out of it and you’ll be doing so at this weeks track, Suzuka West Alt layout.

Have fun out there people. 👍

IMG_20190109_134344.jpg

Rarely has this little power been so much fun :lol:
I really enjoyed that, car is nimble and agile. Wee bit tail happy but easy enough to control, and obviously takes 130R flat out.

Verdict: sleeper.

Hold the door open for me, I'll have to gush about the S800! I can already tell you this thing is a sleeper, tho - especially if you fit it with race springs and a race camshaft to get that engine to ~12,000 rpm. It's like a teacup poodle biting your hand off.

Well the doors open until next Tuesday at Midnight GMT. :P

3B726266-B017-405C-AF8D-306ECAF09AF7.jpeg

Same feelings as the others pretty much, light and agile, rev happy and fun. :D

Aside from the open differential spinning away power in the tighter turns, it’s a solid choice for its Division. 👍

Shame that it didn’t make the cut for FH4, but it’s still possible if their bringing back cars from FM4 like the Hornet and Mosler. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

Here’s your weekly reminder that there’s less than 24hrs left until this weeks time trial is done. 👍

20190114_223122.jpg

Decided to give this a go since I haven't driven any virtual laps in a long long time and this seemed like a good way to get back into the groove and get reacclimated with a wheel and pedals.

Now onto the car. What a tricky car to drive on the edge. You really have to contain the wheel spin to get a fast lap. I can see this car dipping into the very low 55s maybe even 54.9 territory.

I wouldn't call It a sleeper, but its definitely not a beater.

Back