Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Wait, animal abuse?! You calling me an animal, Captain?

No, the running gag is the dead horse, as is the paper toy stuffed with candy for the kids.

Frankly, I'm not convinced that you have the courage, agility, stamina and testicular fortitude to be an animal. But I also don't give up, so you will either be molded or crack under the pressure.

Like old, dried out play-doh.

This is my Car of the Week. There are many other like it, but this one is mine.

No, the running gag is the dead horse, as is the paper toy stuffed with candy for the kids.

Frankly, I'm not convinced that you have the courage, agility, stamina and testicular fortitude to be an animal. But I also don't give up, so you will either be molded or crack under the pressure.

Like old, dried out play-doh.

This is my Car of the Week. There are many other like it, but this one is mine.
Don't underestimate me. :P

Edit:
This freaking game. Talk about server issues...How and why was my first dry lap two seconds slower than MCD's when I was mimicing his lines?

(And for that matter, why did my Starlet understeer like a tank?)

I am not having a good day at all. My mom freaked on me for no reason, my professor chewed me out, I had a bad shift at work, and now this? I'm sick of being the butt monkey and ending up last in every freaking race.

Last edited:
I'd just like to go on record now and apologize for the connections/servers being (expletive). Think of it as Babe Ruth calling his home run. And I'm sorry.

No problem but the races went on and I took over as host. Hope everyone enjoyed the night besides the connection issues. Let me know if you need help with hosting Tuesday nights. The only problem I had was setting the right amount of finish time.

No problem but the races went on and I took over as host. Hope everyone enjoyed the night besides the connection issues. Let me know if you need help with hosting Tuesday nights. The only problem I had was setting the right amount of finish time.
We had strong storms the night before, and I think utility repairs are what caused my issues, not PD. It happened throughout the night at irregular intervals, and it wasn't must my console but all of the PCs/devices in the house. Should be sorted by now, though.

I think my garage count is causing my issues...

Not sure why you would think that... I have over 700 cars in total, but can only use 1 at a time. How about you? I am however curious as to why you would think that... please explain further.

Cheers

Not sure why you would think that... I have over 700 cars in total, but can only use 1 at a time. How about you? I am however curious as to why you would think that... please explain further.

Cheers
I didn't start having network problems until I got past about 210 cars and it seems to get just a bit worse every time I buy another car.

I didn't start having network problems until I got past about 210 cars and it seems to get just a bit worse every time I buy another car.

Hmmm... not sure what to say, mainly due to the using only 1 at a time part of the theory. But let's say your theory has merit, and is getting incrementally worse with each car. Wouldn't that mean that I would have at least double the amount of troubles?

Another question I would have... do you have any of those cars in the stockyard? If so, what percentage?

Again, kinda curious because I have quite a few in both garages, but almost always near full capacity in my main garage. And if you're on to something, I'd like to experiment with the theory to one end or the other.

Cheers

Interesting... I also have a 500gb model with 378/465 available.

Ever consider putting cars into the stockyard to see if it alleviates any of your troubles, or do you think it's a grand total type of scenario?

Cheers

At last count, I'm at 679 cars, 500 in the garage and the rest are in storage.

But I've had the majority of those cars in the garage since I've started ( every time I got through them all, an update would bring more customisation in and I'll go through the list again to tweak them accordingly. Crazy I know. :P) and I know I havent had as many problems despite the car numbers going up.

Now there might be something to Obelisk's theory, but I personally believe that certain updates and patches may have a hand in the problem, alongside the servers not being perfect and the attacks from hackers.

I feel as if it's a grand total issue. Like I said, it started after I hit 210 cars. Also, I'll get very slow load times when I access the stockyard.

edit: Maybe it's some ports on my router/switch...

I'll likely upgrade my hard drive to a SSD when GT Sport comes out. Even with Assetto Corsa, I'll likely never max out 256 GB, and there are a few SSDs that are getting cheaper month by month.

Another thing that I'm a big fan of suggesting... after I disabled my Media Server Extensions in the PS3, I had quite a bit better performance online.

That being said, I still fall victim to online troubles. And they're pretty bad as of late. Maybe that upcoming server maintenance will help.

Cheers

We had strong storms the night before, and I think utility repairs are what caused my issues, not PD. It happened throughout the night at irregular intervals, and it wasn't must my console but all of the PCs/devices in the house. Should be sorted by now, though.

Ok wasn't sure what was going on but I took over and got some more races going on Tuesday night so it wasn't a complete waste.

Back