Bentley Aims for 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Record With the Bentayga

Considering that I didn't even know Land Rover had sent a Range Rover Sport up Pikes Peak 5 years ago to set the record, I very much doubt the outcome of this attempt will be used as a sales pitch to any upcoming Bentayga buyers.

Provided of course it beats the Sport.

Ya know, I thought it was going to be some prototype entry in the vein of something like a Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car but after reading this, I'm kind of surprised they're going with a road based model. I hope there's gonna be some serious weight loss and or something. Hopefully the brakes can handle it.

Ya know, I thought it was going to be some prototype entry in the vein of something like a Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car but after reading this, I'm kind of surprised they're going with a road based model. I hope there's gonna be some serious weight loss and or something. Hopefully the brakes can handle it.

If they're gunning for the production vehicle record, they can't remove much. I assume things like the spare tire (if it has it), floor mats, etc. But nothing like pulling the seats out. They'll also need to add safety equipment in the vehicle as well, meaning if anything it'll get more porky.

Back