Best 500pp cars for Seasonal Events.

• Thread starter Wyllie10
  • 70 comments
Shelby Series One Supercharged does the job, just buy everything from the custom transmission downwards, so to not affect its pretty much perfect 500pp its already got.

I have a RE Amemiya FD7S (or whatever its called) running at 500pp too, just adjust the power upgrades until its close, then use minimal power limiter to fine tune.

The Tommy Kaira ZZS is perfect for these races, I've got it fully tuned and limited to 500pp, I can win with it but my bspec drivers can not.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

- with a couple of dead Bankers in the boot (With spade for later)(Brings the Centre of Gravity to a slightly better 60/40.
180kilos of ballast at 50 rear.
Slight restrictor to get the car to 540bhp/78Eurotorques/ 2150kilos SS tyres.

No ABS or girly man traction control.
Lots of Cow and Tree. (Leather Walnut)
-
-I doubt a BSpec driver will be able to win with it. (But you can!)

Honda NSX-r Proto road car never fails to win i have all cars and can share whatever ones you like to help with your quest.

The TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97 gets a lot of my 500pp miles and drives faster than the stock PP would suggest. I don't have one but the TVR Tamora '02 on paper looks like a killer. And same with the TVR Tuscan '00. Hmmm a trend? All well balanced ~ 1100 kg cars.

The Camaro SS '10 needs a lot of tuning help, stock seems to be overrated. Gran Turismo 350Z, Jaguar XFR '10, Mercedes C63 AMG '08 also all seem too heavy and are overrated in the 500 pp bracket.

Nr. 1 advice from me would be to race the cars you think would be a nice ride instead of racing cars other people tell you to :-) . But a little inspiration can be good of course.

Lately I have had a lot of fun sliding and drifting in my Lotus Elise 111R '04 on Tokyo R246 in one of the 500pp races. So much fun :-) . People are scared away from the Elise because of one of the License Test, but it handles much better than in the test! I don't know what went wrong when PD made that test. It is such a joy to ride - a fantastic drivers car!! I have worked out my own tune for it, so now it handles exactly as I want it to.

Other cars I have also used lately for 500pp: Lamborghini Miura P400, Ferrari SP1 '08, Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10, Infiniti Coupe Concept '06 (surprisingly good!), Acura NSX '91 and TVR V8S '91 .

HUSKYGT - You have inspired me to try my Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 again! Thanks - almost forgot I had that car :-) .

Last edited:
I mostly use the GranTurismo S '08 with the Sports intake mod, Racing air filter and with a fully customizable transmission with max speed. Oh. And the ECU tuner. After that PP should be 500 exact.

Note: the b-spec guy won't race it 100 percent if his level isn't high enough. So stick with a-spec until the B is better.

Last edited:
ArcTypeMakoto
I mostly use the GranTurismo S '08 with the Sports intake mod, Racing air filter and with a fully customizable transmission with max speed. Oh. And the ECU tuner. After that PP should be 500 exact.

Note: the b-spec guy won't race it 100 percent if his level isn't high enough. So stick with a-spec until the B is better.

Yes, outstanding car! It is one of the best looking cars in the world in my opinion :-) . Macho with a feminine touch, me thinks :-) .

Last edited:
Bar none so far, lotus evora. Tried it on SSR5 against several other cars, none came even close. If you can top a 1.22.3 in something else on SSR5, post.

Im using the maserati gran turismo and won everyone of the races it has entered on 500pp :)

I discovered something the other day, tried a 450PP civic type R, and it did similar lap times at cape ring outside to my other cars tuned to 500PP, and threw it in for a few 500PP races, and it still can beat the other cars like NSX-R, Griffith and Skylines as well, but yet to see how it does against the mighty Series One

I think using a bone stock Ruf BTR is the most fun you can have, with no tc or any of the other assists on. If you can't win on sports hard, use mediums or softs, but either way it's going to be a very lively and heavy concentration race. I did it today on the 500pp trial mountain race and it was a blast. When I say bone stuck of course I mean as close as possible. Mine was set at 501pp after I changed the intake manifold, so i just added like 2kg of ballast and you're good to go. I didn't change anything else.

For your Bob, give him an Elise in both the 400 and 500pp events and he'll win easily and without much direction from you...

I think using a bone stock Ruf BTR is the most fun you can have, with no tc or any of the other assists on. If you can't win on sports hard, use mediums or softs, but either way it's going to be a very lively and heavy concentration race. I did it today on the 500pp trial mountain race and it was a blast. When I say bone stuck of course I mean as close as possible. Mine was set at 501pp after I changed the intake manifold, so i just added like 2kg of ballast and you're good to go. I didn't change anything else.
What's better +2kg of ballast or a power limiter?

What's better +2kg of ballast or a power limiter?

I don't imagine there's too much difference either way. The car is pretty light anyway I think so it won't hurt at all to add a tiny bit of ballast.

well, for the longest time, my challenge was to match an online time of 6:49s , using street cars, so I came close always using Elise, Mazda RX, Lotus Evora, even an F40 recently, BMW M3, Ruf 3400, (I refuse to drive NSX), but was never able to break the 6:54s mark.

lo and behold, I decided on a long time neglected car, and quite a surprise, was the Lamborghini Gallardo, stock suspension, stock lsd. with only weight added, and detuned engine, and wide spread tall gearing and torque 10/90, (up shift early, and downshift late)

I am giddy with excitement as I am aiming for 6:48 with this hyper stable car. is it perhaps from remodeled physics and cars on the recent updates? or just practice? who knows, but give it a try, and you will be unique out there on the field.

of course, using racing softs,many hate this, but to each their own. but always only abs @1

Last edited:
I discovered something the other day, tried a 450PP civic type R, and it did similar lap times at cape ring outside to my other cars tuned to 500PP, and threw it in for a few 500PP races, and it still can beat the other cars like NSX-R, Griffith and Skylines as well, but yet to see how it does against the mighty Series One
After fielding it against some other cars, the Civic is not enough to handle the Lotus Esprit V8 '02:ouch:

It's good to know I'm not the only one nerding out making these lists. :)

Here's my top 10 500pp B-Spec times at Fuji:

Code:
Car           Fastest Lap Total Time Time Behind Leader
MR2 G-L '97   01:56.895   10:04.216  00:00.000
GSX-R/4       01:57.857   10:05.631  00:01.415
STRATOS '72   01:57.526   10:06.433  00:02.217
111R RM '04   01:57.690   10:07.536  00:03.320
HSC '04       01:57.116   10:08.064  00:03.848
RX-8 '07      01:58.734   10:09.291  00:05.075
Spirra '04    01:57.117   10:10.450  00:06.234
RGT '00       01:59.066   10:12.066  00:07.850
BTR '86       01:59.326   10:14.116  00:09.900
There's more than that in the spreadsheet, but google docs won't display the time properly when I import the XLS. :(

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Last edited:
I hardly to the seasonal events, but when racing online in 500pp rooms I use an RX-8. Saturday night it got me 4 wins out of 5 races in a 500pp, Sport Hard tire room. 👍

I just purchased and tuned the Toyota Caldina last night at 500pp it's an absolute beast and a joy to drive as well.

Completed the 500pp London reverse race in a fully tuned and wound back Beetle 1200 with a stage 2 turbo, aero and sport soft tyres.

It was tough but fun. Didn't pass the lead car (TVR Griffith) until the second to last straight.

I saved the replay for any non believers out there :sly:

Last edited:
Are there any well balanced cars like the Subaru Dunlop(its a race car I know) that can handle as good as that with the right tunning?

Nobody here mentioned the Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00. I've been using it for months.
I just ran it on Fuji and I touched nothing during the race. It took the lead at the start of 3rd lap. Best lap was 1:56.171 with a total time of 10:01.356.

Back