best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
These are the top 9 cars I've tested so far. Frankly, using even the Viper Gr.3 is a bit masochistic IMO, as it's just horrible to drive compared to the faster cars.

NSX GT500 Gr.2 (tuned) 25:02 FL 1:36.2
F1 GTR Gr.2 25:04 FL 1:36.9
NSX Concept-GT Gr.2 25:22 FL 1:38.1
Alpine VGT Gr.1 25:31 FL 1:38.5
Lambo VGT 25:38 FL 1:36.5 (needs 2 stops)
NSX GT500 Gr.2 (untuned, just swapped to RH) 25:39 FL 1:38.7
Peugeot VGT 25:44
Hyundai VGT Gr.1 25:47 FL 1:39.8
Viper Gr.3 26:11 FL 1:38.5 (needs 2 stops)

So although you can just put RH tyres on the NSX GT500 and comfortably win, it's a lot faster when tuned. The general trend is that Gr.1 cars have too much grip and too little speed, Gr.3 cars have too little grip, and Gr.2 cars have a nice balance between grip and speed.

These are the top 9 cars I've tested so far. Frankly, using even the Viper Gr.3 is a bit masochistic IMO, as it's just horrible to drive compared to the faster cars.

NSX GT500 Gr.2 (tuned) 25:02 FL 1:36.2
F1 GTR Gr.2 25:04 FL 1:36.9
NSX Concept-GT Gr.2 25:22 FL 1:38.1
Alpine VGT Gr.1 25:31 FL 1:38.5
Lambo VGT 25:38 FL 1:36.5 (needs 2 stops)
NSX GT500 Gr.2 (untuned, just swapped to RH) 25:39 FL 1:38.7
Peugeot VGT 25:44
Hyundai VGT Gr.1 25:47 FL 1:39.8
Viper Gr.3 26:11 FL 1:38.5 (needs 2 stops)

So although you can just put RH tyres on the NSX GT500 and comfortably win, it's a lot faster when tuned. The general trend is that Gr.1 cars have too much grip and too little speed, Gr.3 cars have too little grip, and Gr.2 cars have a nice balance between grip and speed.
What tuning changes did you make to the NSX?

What tuning changes did you make to the NSX?
Customisable racing gearbox set to max speed 320kph
High rpm turbo (or mid if that was the only one available, can't remember)
Min front and rear downforce
Adjusted the top and bottom power settings to give a flattish top to the power curve
Ballast to 1200kg, positioned for 50:50
Maxed out the ride height, not sure how PP efficient that is, but it reduces the PP and lets you have more power

7 laps is fairly easy, but 8 laps does need some work to make the fuel last.

Last edited:
On sardegna I’ve been using the Audi e-tron vgt at 799.50pp , handles well little bit squirmy on accelerating out of slow corners but easy to bring back , you need to recharge it at lap 5/10 and racing hard tyres at lap 10 but by then you are over 1.05 minutes ahead so you can just perfect the cornering etc .

Not the fastest Sardegna race I've done with the NSX (stock) but definitely the most consistent. I've done enough of these now I'm getting the fuel down to the last drop: Fuel Mix 1 for 3 laps, Fuel Mix 2 for next 5 and more or less short shifting depending on the updated fuel estimates each lap, pit after lap 8 and fill up to about 7.5 laps estimate (will only last 7 with mix 1), Fuel mix 1 for final stint of 7 laps full gas. What a cash cow and fun until now, but getting sick of it. There was actually a yellow flag notice during this race, but didn't involve me.

PS> The entire race is faster on hardest AI setting because they hold you up less and there are more opportunities to draft, but can get stuck behind them longer. Under 25:30 is possible, but depends where you catch traffic.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220413212528.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220413212725.jpg

F1 GTR for sardegna, detuned with fuel map 6 you don’t need to pit. Quicker overall duration than with the CLK as that has to pit on lap 9/10.

I tried the NSX, but I’m more onboard with the F1500T-A. Appears to be easily faster throughout the track.

Attachments

• AE6DCDD5-3DEE-4006-A67A-B91339B216C1.jpeg
    AE6DCDD5-3DEE-4006-A67A-B91339B216C1.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 148791B6-CEBE-4537-B02C-92EA69B1DC82.jpeg
    148791B6-CEBE-4537-B02C-92EA69B1DC82.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 1E329ADC-6EB1-4F19-B472-CFF939BD4232.jpeg
    1E329ADC-6EB1-4F19-B472-CFF939BD4232.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 82
I wanted to clarify my previous post on page 2 and I've since updated it. I was getting my lines crossed about the NSX GT500 in fuel strats. When talking about Sardena, as I hadn't done that race yet, I was thinking of the 800PP 15 lap race at Dragon Trail. However, the Dragon Trail race is 10 laps and not 15, thus my 'make it half way on fuel mix 1' comment wasn't accurate.

So, when doing a 10 lap 800PP race you do NOT need to fuel save to make it to lap 6, but when doing a 15 you do to make it to 8. I did the Sardena race last night (which thanks guys, honestly I forgot it was there!) and did have to fuel save to make it to lap 8. Pretty easy mind you but my last post was inaccurate. Mostly just running on 1 for the straights and 2 during the curvy bits. Still won by over 45 seconds as most/all of the AI pit twice.

I do apologize if I mislead anyone and I've updated my post on the previous page. That being said, I still think the NSX GT500 is the best car out there for the 800PP races and if you bought on based on my recommendation, I do hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use from it!

ba564ecbf3718d9ae87a982020ee4cf1_photo.webp

I wanted to clarify my previous post on page 2 and I've since updated it. I was getting my lines crossed about the NSX GT500 in fuel strats. When talking about Sardena, as I hadn't done that race yet, I was thinking of the 800PP 15 lap race at Dragon Trail. However, the Dragon Trail race is 10 laps and not 15, thus my 'make it half way on fuel mix 1' comment wasn't accurate.

So, when doing a 10 lap 800PP race you do NOT need to fuel save to make it to lap 6, but when doing a 15 you do to make it to 8. I did the Sardena race last night (which thanks guys, honestly I forgot it was there!) and did have to fuel save to make it to lap 8. Pretty easy mind you but my last post was inaccurate. Mostly just running on 1 for the straights and 2 during the curvy bits. Still won by over 45 seconds as most/all of the AI pit twice.

I do apologize if I mislead anyone and I've updated my post on the previous page. That being said, I still think the NSX GT500 is the best car out there for the 800PP races and if you bought on based on my recommendation, I do hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use from it!
I bought it and used it a lot thanks to your advice. And i freakin lovin it. It is fun to drive, and very efficient. It actually made all WTC 800 races my favrouite. Really big thanks for suggesting that car. Now I am searching for good WTC700 and WTC600 car which isn't Tomahawk, i don't like cheesing too much ;)

...That being said, I still think the NSX GT500 is the best car out there for the 800PP races and if you bought on based on my recommendation, I do hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use from it!
100% agree and thanks again. It's rare a car drives this well with stock tune and just neatly tucks within the PP limit without anything but a tire change. I do think I added a fully customizable transmission from the start thinking I'd want to change top speed, but I didn't even touch it... left it alone and works great on Sardegna. I'm sure faster times could be had optimizing gears for a few key corners, but the car works so well out of the dealership just enjoy it.

The car was made for turn 1... just buttery there. Once you get this corner down with the NSX it's a joy and actually a very good overtaking location early in the race (AI hug the inside and leave the outside open and NSX is so stable there you have a choice of several lines). Turns 9 and 12/13 could maybe be improved with some setup tweaks. Rear end of car has momentum and wants to keep turning on of 9 so have to be very gentle with throttle on exit. Car seems a bit unstable on 12/13, especially if any traffic forces you off the optimal line. Otherwise the stock tune seems made for the track.

I actually recommended this track/car combo to the WRS for a future event.

Last edited:
That being said, I still think the NSX GT500 is the best car out there for the 800PP races and if you bought on based on my recommendation, I do hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use from it!
It's my favorite car to drive and I'm kind of looking forward to the PP bug getting fixed on the Tomahawk so I can get back to driving it more. :D

I managed to get the NSX GT500 under 25 minutes race time. I think there's scope for some further small tweaks, but it's pretty good in this state, so I'll share the setup. I used fuel map 1 all the way, but with a lot of very short shifting to get through the 8 lap stint, then a descending short shift strategy for the 7 lap stint, where I rev out the first gear on a corner exit, then shift progressively earlier. Basically, you want to spend the fuel in the places where there's the most time before the next braking zone. It might benefit from even going to 350 or higher top speed for the gear tuning, as it was still using quite a lot of fuel during the last bit of the main straight.

NSX GT500 800 PP Sardegna 24_57.jpg

NSX GT500 800 PP Sardegna 24_57 setup 1.jpg

NSX GT500 800 PP Sardegna 24_57 setup 2.jpg

Okay, I am absolutely stunned by how much faster it is to take the top speed to 360. Not only does it help with the fuel, it lowers PP so I reduced the weight a little which helped even more with the fuel. The 2nd setup screen is unchanged from above so I won't post it again.

NSX GT500 800 PP Sardegna 24_43.jpg

NSX GT500 800 PP Sardegna 24_43 setup 1.jpg

Sardegna: detuned Mclaren F1 BMW... first stint at fuel map 3, final stint switch between fuel map 3 and 4. Win by 43 seconds.

I tried the NSX, but I’m more onboard with the F1500T-A. Appears to be easily faster throughout the track.
Just realised I don’t have one of these. Going to try now. That NSX 500 is amazing round Sardegna so be interested to see my times with the open wheeler.
Hope someone has done a JPS Senna paint job. Bound to make it faster.

I've been doing Sardegna in a Mustang Gr3 with a supercharger. (I can run the same car in 700 without the supercharger, although an oil change put me over... had to do some weird gearing to get under 700 then!) Anyway, the race is 15 laps, I run full lean hard tires for 6 laps, soft tires for 3 laps with a hot lap on the second at full rich, just for the monstrous lap time, then back to hard tires and full lean to finish. I usually lap up to 3rd or 4th, although I've twice lapped the field. So two stops, still easy. I haven't tried it with a Gr2 car, not sure I even have one yet. Gonna have to go get that NSX...

What's weird is that many times there will be at least one car that doesn't pit for fuel, and ends up running several laps, or even the remainder of the race, at the out-of-gas 50mph speed. Pretty exciting coming out of a 120-mph sweeper and this guy appears in front of you! The first time I saw that it was the Viper, and he was 5 laps down at the end, with the RSR 2 laps.

Even stranger is that many times cars that aren't out of fuel will sit on his rear bumper and follow him for most of a lap. I've seen a train of 4 cars!

Also, I don't know what you have to do to lose the clean race bonus on this one. I've been off in the gravel, off in the grass, I've bumped other cars pretty hard when they slowed down way earlier than I expected, and I've completely wrecked (that 50-mph four-car train was just around the fast bend onto the finish straight... BAM!!!!,) but I've never failed to score the clean race bonus.

What's weird is that many times there will be at least one car that doesn't pit for fuel, and ends up running several laps, or even the remainder of the race, at the out-of-gas 50mph speed. Pretty exciting coming out of a 120-mph sweeper and this guy appears in front of you! The first time I saw that it was the Viper, and he was 5 laps down at the end, with the RSR 2 laps.

Even stranger is that many times cars that aren't out of fuel will sit on his rear bumper and follow him for most of a lap. I've seen a train of 4 cars!
Yah, I've seen the same thing, but never more than 1 car following at snails pace. lol. Between looking out for them and figuring out where the lapped cars will pull over for blue flags, there is some interesting moments lapping cars.

Last edited:
So between my Mustang and the NSX GT500 at Sardegna, the NSX is much better handling, but slower; it tops out about 10 mph less at the end of the pit straight. It'll go the race on one stop, short-fill, no tire change, but even so, the total time for the Mustang, with 2 tire changes, is only 15 to 20 seconds more. I'm not approaching Breeminator's times, but I'm consistent with both cars.

Now to try the F1...

Last edited:
787B & R92 both work really nicely, they can both manage a no stop strategy
Just tried the 787B. It's now my 2nd fastest car for total race time, with 24:55 no-stop. I can probably take some time off that, not sure if it can quite match my 24:43 with the NSX GT500, but it's certainly an extremely good car for this race.

Just tried the 787B. It's now my 2nd fastest car for total race time, with 24:55 no-stop. I can probably take some time off that, not sure if it can quite match my 24:43 with the NSX GT500, but it's certainly an extremely good car for this race.

Different strokes for different folks isn’t it really. I’m not trying to set any records, it’s more of a case of cruising round with minimal effort and the 787’s 5 speed and mountains of low end torque is perfect for that I do love the NSX though, the Mobil 1 and Takata were my favourite cars in GT5…. Ah those were the days 🤔🤣

Tried the XJR9 too, but you have to detune it insanely to 360 bhp or something, so not really ideal.

I just did the menu book 39 800pp WTC championship in an Escudo Pikes Peak...

Haven't tested in endurance for firl economy but only having a 2.1/2.2 litre engine it might have decent economy?

Maybe someone can test.

Tried the XJR9 too, but you have to detune it insanely to 360 bhp or something, so not really ideal.
Tried the 787, R92 and the XJR9 today

All similar fuel consumption and similar times 24:5x (every car only driven once, FM1, one stop)

Last edited:
I just did the R92 today as well. I got it no stops with mix 6 and a LOT of lift and coast, but it ended up taking longer than just banging it around and 1-stopping it on mix 1.

Back