best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
Tried Sardena with the Zonda R as that car is a beast! It handles really well and is very fast on the straights. It does, however, drink fuel pretty quick (it uses the same V12 has the CLK GTR (not to be confused with the V8 of the CLK LM)) so a two-stopper is required and savings is also required. A lot of time on mix 5 & 6 going to 1 or two at the beginning of a long straight. The last time I ran it I had 0% going into the pits on lap 5, 0% on lap 10, and ran out about 100' before the finish line on lap 15... was pretty proud about that.

I did it probably three times and won them all but I don't recall the total times or the delta to P2; enough to be comfortable (~30 seconds or so). You can run RMs on it and still be under 800PP.

The two-stop strat made it overall a longer time than the NSX, but it's another option for those looking to try something different. This car is a lot of fun.

1dab964ef2ab6e79a8a80d04d5615091_photo.webp

I just did the menu book 39 800pp WTC championship in an Escudo Pikes Peak...

Haven't tested in endurance for firl economy but only having a 2.1/2.2 litre engine it might have decent economy?

Maybe someone can test.
Wait, the Escudo is in GT7???

brb, buying a car…

Greeting
i tried 700 PP Endurance race with baby redbull and won it easily
but at 800PP race i couldnt won with baby redbull even with it fuel Efficency (PIT once only for fuel)
so which is your best car for Endurance race 800 PP let say for Sardenga world touring car thats give you 485000 (15laps)
Toyota TS050 LMP1. Use a tuning exploit to get this car legal and you'll lap the field without even trying.

Tried another round with the 787b

Sub 24:40 possible, did a mistake that cost me 2 sec
WTF!? I need a Minute longer! (but I do one pitstop) May u share ur settings pls?
What’s ur fastest lap?

Last edited:
WTF!? I need a Minute longer! (but I do one pitstop) May u share ur settings pls?
Nothing crazy, coult tweak the gearings and suspension, but I'm to lazy

I go to box end of lap 8 too

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_120502.jpg
    IMG_20220418_120502.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 70
Nothing crazy, coult tweak the gearings and suspension, but I'm to lazy

I go to box end of lap 8 too
Maybe there is some potential with detune by ballast, not only detune over hp!? I try this at evening….

U drive with wheel, or?

the mclaren gtr is the closest ive gotten to 25 minutes, probably followed by the xjr and 787. the GR1 nissan is also pretty quick.

i've tried tinkering with non-category cars but its been tough finding something that can one-stop.

Now all we need is more races like this Sardegna one for different PPs and tracks. The Le Mans and Tokyo races are okay, but random conditions are no good for testing cars and comparing their total race times. I also personally just prefer to have nice cheerful weather when playing a driving game!
sometimes i get on a good run of testing cars at le mans, i like the idea of tuning something to be fast enough to lead and run three full laps at a time.... but it just changes too much. when i first started running it, the rain would start at 10 minutes, and only occasionally last 2 laps. i never once ran 8 laps, and ran 7 almost every time. after about ten tries, i would say i started to expect the race to last 6 laps, with the rain starting the exact moment i begin lap 3. over time, the rain has seemingly lasted longer/become more intense, because i've had a few 5 lap wins now. granted, part of this is down to learning how to time the race so i finish at exactly 30 minutes.

two laps at nurburgring 24h is the last race in the world championship series... this really ought to have been a standalone with the other three!

Last edited:
Yeah maybe, show us your results then

No I'm driving with pad, only tc1
So… detune with ballast is better then only detune by hp. My Average was 2 Secs better per lap, then before. It was nearly my best result of all ~50 races on Sardegna I did, although I didn’t hit any corner or breakingzone right. Lol

What are your laptimes?

Mine are around 1:35.5-1.37.0 each lap
In my last try with „your“ ballast settings my laptimes where between 1.37.5-1.40. Maybe I reach a 1.36 time with more excercise on the „new“ settings and if I can stop my pinball driving style. At this time, I never had a clean lap without mistakes, I think.

Sub 24:40 possible, did a mistake that cost me 2 sec
I've managed 24:35 now:
787B 800 PP Sardegna 24_35.jpg

I think you're a faster driver than me, though, as I was around 6 seconds off your pace till I worked out an improvement on your setup. If you max the rear downforce, and min the front downforce, it gives you a lot of PP. I maxed out the power without the extra turbocharger, and then also reduced the ballast a bit, as driveability becomes a problem with too much power. The car takes a bit of getting used to with the reduced cornering ability, but it's faster for this track. I also prefer the racing gearbox - it costs PP, but it's fairly neutral for performance due to the much quicker shifts, and again I find the car more driveable with the reduced power you have as a result.

I will try your settings and share my time. I am curious

Edit:
First run 24:34.3

Last sector is now very hard to drive fast

Edit 2:

New setup 24:27.3

Attachments

• IMG_20220419_224537.jpg
    IMG_20220419_224537.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I've managed 24:35 now:
View attachment 1139861

I think you're a faster driver than me, though, as I was around 6 seconds off your pace till I worked out an improvement on your setup. If you max the rear downforce, and min the front downforce, it gives you a lot of PP. I maxed out the power without the extra turbocharger, and then also reduced the ballast a bit, as driveability becomes a problem with too much power. The car takes a bit of getting used to with the reduced cornering ability, but it's faster for this track. I also prefer the racing gearbox - it costs PP, but it's fairly neutral for performance due to the much quicker shifts, and again I find the car more driveable with the reduced power you have as a result.
Used the same setting first and reached a 24:56 time, what’s amazing with my limited skills.
Then I tried to „optimize“ the settings for me. Front downforce up to 600, ballast to 200, position -8 and installed the mid turbocharger. It now has about 520hp.
It is now very stable to drive in slow and fast corners, but…. even with the more power it wasn’t faster then the setting before. I had an 25:05 with this.
I think, the turbocharger pushed me to use higher fuel maps and with the higher ballast, the more hp is only on the sheet, but not on the track.

Edit: it’s not 520hp. It’s 540kw, ~734hp.

Last edited:
New setup 24:27.3
Nice, that's about the margin I'd expect compared to my time, as I was about that much slower than you with similar setups to your previous one. I think the reason min front and max rear downforce works so well is it gives immense acceleration, which is more important than reaching the highest possible speeds on the longest straights.

It's crazy how the race time has come down as this thread has gone on. Anything under 26 minutes was decent when it started!

Nice, that's about the margin I'd expect compared to my time, as I was about that much slower than you with similar setups to your previous one. I think the reason min front and max rear downforce works so well is it gives immense acceleration, which is more important than reaching the highest possible speeds on the longest straights.

It's crazy how the race time has come down as this thread has gone on. Anything under 26 minutes was decent when it started!
Used a slightly different setup then yours. Now I have to play with the gearings next time
But this setup I was able to drive the 24:27,3

Attachments

• IMG_20220420_082208.jpg
    IMG_20220420_082208.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I tried the 919 @ Sardegna 24,53 and 1,32,7 . I play with a Dual Sense Pad and i am only an average driver, so i think, the times can be a lot faster.
Oh, my top speed was only 249 km,h so its all about the accelaration (gearbox set to 240).
The 919 Hybrid is a minute faster than all my other tested cars.

Attachments

• 272DD9BC-7707-4BE2-B538-E85477DD19E8.jpeg
    272DD9BC-7707-4BE2-B538-E85477DD19E8.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Yes, hopefully they fix such things in the next update. I tried the normal way of detune, but the car is so low on power, it costs all the fun. My favorite car is the chapparal 2j, not the fastest, but pure joy to drive and a great sound.

The 787 is awesome for 800pp races, but it's a shame to use it at half its potential. I wonder how you can save so much fuel...

It kills a bit the game to be able to play these 800 pp races with a tuned F8 Tributo which will last a few laps when a 787 can do 10 laps without any problem. If you take the cars the IA uses, it's very difficult to even finish on the podium. The game is very unbalanced at the moment and definitely the fuel consumption should be part of the PP computation.

Me too… damned… I knew, I am no good driver, but that I’m a such bad driver is hard to realize…. Lol
Doesn’t matter buddy, as long as your enjoying it. TT and race yourself. I have hours of fun shaving off tenths and trying lines.

Doesn’t matter buddy, as long as your enjoying it. TT and race yourself. I have hours of fun shaving off tenths and trying lines.
I have a lot of Fun improving myself (50 secs between one week), run Sardegna all the time, earn lots of credits and waste them at the lcd. Now I’m consistently running 24:50 with the 787 and trying different setups. But again, I’m 2 sec per lap away from @Mr_EG6 newest times, lol.

Edit: 24:42
Edit2: 24:37. 3 or 4 days ago i would have bet my house, wife and kids that I never come close to this. Lol

Last edited:
I have a lot of Fun improving myself (50 secs between one week), run Sardegna all the time, earn lots of credits and waste them at the lcd. Now I’m consistently running 24:50 with the 787 and trying different setups. But again, I’m 2 sec per lap away from @Mr_EG6 newest times, lol.

Edit: 24:42
That’s great mate. I love time trialling. Pick a track that suits the group of car and just run laps. Don’t even need to leave the track to change car. Just go to settings and change car. I use Laguna for Gr3 and run laps for hours. I’ve got the full length of Autobahn trophy which is over 8000 miles. I’m retired so have plenty time and I love GT. 787 is amazin. Group c cars I time trial Le Mans. Great fun.

It kills a bit the game to be able to play these 800 pp races with a tuned F8 Tributo which will last a few laps when a 787 can do 10 laps without any problem. If you take the cars the IA uses, it's very difficult to even finish on the podium. The game is very unbalanced at the moment and definitely the fuel consumption should be part of the PP computation.

the ai’s pit stops take 20-30 seconds less time than ours… I finally figured out that’s why anything other than the GR1/2s seem to struggle with the Sardegna.

You basically lose half a lap every pit stop, even if you use the exact same car/strategy/pace.

New day, new setup (thanks to @Koyaga)
New fastest lap: 1:32.937
New besttime: 24:14.670

And this was just the second race with the new setup

Again, thanks to @Koyaga

Attachments

• IMG_20220420_212642.jpg
    IMG_20220420_212642.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 44
Back