best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
shj92922
Greeting
i tried 700 PP Endurance race with baby redbull and won it easily
but at 800PP race i couldnt won with baby redbull even with it fuel Efficency (PIT once only for fuel)
so which is your best car for Endurance race 800 PP let say for Sardenga world touring car thats give you 485000 (15laps)

Yeah, wondering the same thing here. Tried the Sardegna race last night and I just can't make it to 8 laps. Tried the Tom's Supra, DBR9, and the new CLK and none made it past 7 laps even running the whole race on fuel map 6

Any specific way that you go about it? Do you add any weight or just drop hp with 0 weight added?
somewhat personal preference. I dropped power as low as it will go, downforce is at medium, RH tires, and adjust the rest to your liking. I think I added some weight and used it to help F/R balance.
despite being downgraded so much, its still fantastic. with power reduced so much, it gets great gas mileage.

somewhat personal preference. I dropped power as low as it will go, downforce is at medium, RH tires, and adjust the rest to your liking. I think I added some weight and used it to help F/R balance.
despite being downgraded so much, its still fantastic. with power reduced so much, it gets great gas mileage.
Cool, thank you. Will give it a try when I get home today. Just curious while I'm away, how much HP did you end up with in the end?

I use the 917 LL with (ECU) Output Adjustment set too 78% gives me a PP of 798.79 so I can change between HR and MR tires.... It can still reach a max speed of 330 Kmh.
It's also my go to car to do the World GT Series Championship. makes it nice and easy...

Cool, thank you. Will give it a try when I get home today. Just curious while I'm away, how much HP did you end up with in the end?
don't know the HP, but it should be around 500 hp. geared appropriately, it can still hit 180 mph.

Red Bull Ring - One Hour
Hey everyone, I spent 2 hours trying to win Red Bull Ring. Here is what I learned/tips I saved my replay and watched what happened also
UPDATE
Use the same car that starts the race in first. It may not matter but that’s what I did. Should work with any eligible car.

I used AMG GT3 16’ same as first place
Start with Racing Soft tires
First run of the race use fuel at 3 lean. I still moved up the pack and lap times were good. Try to pit stop on lap 12 or later. Get new Racing soft tires too.
Leader pit stops at 11 Race Medium and full gas.
Run the rest of the race at 1 fuel power don’t need to save fuel any longer.
Rain starts sprinkling at lap 17
Pit on Lap 19 use Racing Wet NOT intermediate wet…rain starts consistently wets the track 25% by the time you get close to the pit stop
Leader stays out still on Race mediums on lap 20 but is getting slower slipping around.

Leader Pit stops on lap 20 puts on Intermediate tires but slip’s all over. You will see other cars slip all over too. Rain gets very heavy and downpours
Change TCS to 4 it will help control the car much better in the rain.

Lap 21 leader goes back in and puts on Wet tires and tops off gas tank. This is the A.I.’s mistake

Leader is then running 1:48-1:52 laps at lap 22-25
Track is 50% wet at lap 25 and continues to dry each lap no more rain in the race but puddles are on the track.
Leader pits at lap 25 puts on Racing soft and fills up but seems too soon as the A.I. is going very slow.
Lap 26 is probably best to Pit and switch over to racing soft tires. Only fill up 60-70% fuel. The sun is out and track is drying. Switch TCS back to 1 or 0
Around 9 minutes left in the race.
You come out 5 seconds ahead then eventually 30 seconds then over 1:05. I won the race by a lap on lap 36! After 3 tries! Good luck

Last edited:
I personally ran power 1 and filled up every stop. Last pit stop I didn’t need a full tank so I stopped filling at 80% tank but I had plenty of fuel. I would say 60% fuel on the last pit stop. I believe the race had 8 minutes left at that point

Last edited:
And what's your strategy regarding Fuel?
For 15 laps at Sardegna... Map 3 for the first 8 laps, pit, then map 1 for the last 7. I'm not very good and even on hard with making a few big mistakes it's still an easy win.

For all the 10 lap events map 1 you can go 1 pit stop.

Last edited:
I used both the CLK-LM and the F1 GTR for these events, the CLK-LM detuned to the low 400s and about 200kg of ballast and the F1 GTR detuned to the low 500s with racing hards and slight ballast, the CLK-LM was slower due to having less power but both were a breeze in all of the 800pp races and the GT WTC. The F1 GTR is very good on fuel only having to pit once on lap 10-11 on Fuel setting 4 and twice if using fuel setting 1 on lap 7->8 and again on lap 14->15. The CLK-LM was pretty bad on fuel having to pit atleast 2 times every 6 laps or so but still better than the Gr.3 cars. The F1 GTR is my new grind car to use until I reach my goal to where I can afford both another CLK-LM and F1 GTR, i'm already very close to getting enough for the LM as the race pays $727,500 every 26~mins which means you can net an approximate $1,455,000 per hour if doing the race back to back.

I used the F1500T-A for Sardegna. Kept fuel on 5 and pitted once on the 8th lap. I've used it for all 800pp races.

Used the AMG GT3 on Sardegna. Won with 50 seconds difference with number two.
Tires RH. Fuel lean on 6 for the whole race. Pitted for max fuel after lap 7. Didn’t change tires.

I used both the CLK-LM and the F1 GTR for these events, the CLK-LM detuned to the low 400s and about 200kg of ballast and the F1 GTR detuned to the low 500s with racing hards and slight ballast, the CLK-LM was slower due to having less power but both were a breeze in all of the 800pp races and the GT WTC. The F1 GTR is very good on fuel only having to pit once on lap 10-11 on Fuel setting 4 and twice if using fuel setting 1 on lap 7->8 and again on lap 14->15. The CLK-LM was pretty bad on fuel having to pit atleast 2 times every 6 laps or so but still better than the Gr.3 cars. The F1 GTR is my new grind car to use until I reach my goal to where I can afford both another CLK-LM and F1 GTR, i'm already very close to getting enough for the LM as the race pays $727,500 every 26~mins which means you can net an approximate $1,455,000 per hour if doing the race back to back.
Yeah, the F1 Longtail is fantastic. Absolutely loving this car and with the payouts being much better in these new events I've already made back half of the F1's cost just running Sardegna for a few hours. I'm tuning up the F1 road car to give it a go next.

As to OP's question: any Gr. 2 car will do them, and Gr.1 that can be de-tuned to 800pp can do them with ease. Mazda vision Gr.1 should really stomp them given it's 4wd (not sure if it can make it to 800pp though as I don't have it) Sauber can though.
The Ford GTE and Ford GT Spec 2 Gr. 3's were fun cars to run. The Mclaren P1 GTR has the speed, but I've not really tamed it yet.

Any of the super cars should win with ease as long as you add aero parts to hold more speed through corners, though even without wing/splitter the acceleration and top speed should more than make up for poor cornering speed. I've beaten the WTC700's with the BAC Mono and the Radical analogue to the Mono by almost a minute, so given a little more power they could probably win the 800's as well. These races are more about staying away from the other cars to get the bonus, and conserving fuel more than a quick pace. (to anyone not aware you can get to fuel mapping by pressing right/left on the d-pad, up/down on d-pad to adjust it. 1 is full fuel. 6 is the least)

Last edited:
I used detuned Audi R18 ’16 with RH and Fuel Map on 6 on Sardegna. It has a very low top speed but is good in the corners. Can easily do the whole race without refueling or tire change and gives a very easy win even for a slow driver like me who can only get lap times between 1.50 and 1.512. I needed to wait until around lap 8 before I was in the lead because my slow pace still I won by more than 30 seconds due to no pit stop.

I have used the same car on other 800 PP races each time getting an easy win due to high corner speeds and low fuel usage.

Any Gr.2 car works just fine, I guess. I tried the CLK-LM and it's perfect - consumes less fuel than a tuned Gr.3 car so you can finish a 10 lap race with only one pitstop instead of two.

Using the CLK-LM, just did 2 races,26:04, 25:51, fuel on 1, pit end of lap 5 fuel only,end of lap 10, tires and fuel,win easy by 1+minute, 1.45 million in 52 minutes,might be here awhile.

Edit:After a few more runs,ran a 25:46.8:cheers:

Last edited:
Also the CLK GTR can easily be brought down under 800PP. Use it a few times for the 800PP WTC. GTG.

I did this too, the good thing is it's a 829pp car anyway so it's not far off, and it isn't always a cakewalk. Fun car to drive too.

I’m easily winning the new WTC 800 race at Sardegna with the Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-LM ‘98. I didn’t even tune it but had to bring it down to 800 PP. I did that by changing to RH tyres and set the ECU to 85% (799.92 PP then).
The race is 15 laps and with the fuel map on 5 I can just make it with 3 pits stops, but it requires a little bit of coasting ( or just very relaxed driving). Next time I‘l try the race I think I’ll go for 4 pit stops (fuel mapping at 1 or 2 probably and no more coasting needed) and then change tyres just once after 8 laps. I’m sure I will still win with ease.

The only other Gr.2 car I have is the Nissan GT-R GT500 ‘08 which I used for all WTC 800 races prior to having the CLK-LM. The GT-R GT500 was also absolutely dominating every race I did with it. Same strategy there, keep the car stock, equip RH tyres and either decease ECU or power a bit, or else add weight ballast to bring that PP down to 800.

In general the WTC 800 races are against Gr.3 cars but you can enter (and dominate) with a Gr.2. And the WTC 700 are against Gr.4 but you can dominate those with Gr.3 (I did so with my Toyota Supra GT500 ‘97).

I just gave the Sardegna WTC 800 a go with my new favourite car, the Aston Martin VGT.

It's a bit crazy, but I won it at my first attempt, despite the car only being 718 PP with RH tyres!!!!!

I did a one stop, mostly fuel map 6, in 26:34 to win by 1 second, passing the leader 3 corners before the finish. I could do it a bit quicker now I've learned the car and track.

Spent my winnings on the Hyundai Gr.1 VGT to try next. 25:56 with that, with a one stop. Lost around 8 seconds when an AI slammed into the back of me and punted me off the track when I came out of the pits.

Back