best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
I've just run the Corvette again at Sardegna and it wins by miles on a 1-stop RH. Total time was 26:04 (my best yet) and best lap 1:40.6, averaging a mid 41...

I just had an incredible race yesterday in the Sardegna race, running the GR010. I've gotten down to 24:45 or so in my best runs, 2 laps on the entire field. Short-shift and a bit of coasting into the turns at the end of the main straight and the back straight. Pit after 9 laps, continue. What made this race incredible wasn't my race, but the Ford GT's utter incompetence! The car appeared to be broken, as it pulled left on hard braking. He spun into the gravel at the end of the main straight every lap but one, and hit the wall at the end of the back straight every lap but two. There were other random incidents as well.

I saw it during the race at the end of the back straight, I came up to a yellow flag and he was sideways on the track trying to get going again. He finished 3 laps down to me, 1 lap down to everyone else. After the race I followed the Ford GT in the replay and was very amused! He was off track at least twice every lap, sometimes more! I never saw such a poor race from an AI car before.

World Touring Car 800 Sarthe. Used the Porsche VGT - power down and detune the computer to get to 799pp. Had to stop every lap to charge the battery but won easily.

I just had an incredible race yesterday in the Sardegna race, running the GR010. I've gotten down to 24:45 or so in my best runs, 2 laps on the entire field. Short-shift and a bit of coasting into the turns at the end of the main straight and the back straight. Pit after 9 laps, continue. What made this race incredible wasn't my race, but the Ford GT's utter incompetence! The car appeared to be broken, as it pulled left on hard braking. He spun into the gravel at the end of the main straight every lap but one, and hit the wall at the end of the back straight every lap but two. There were other random incidents as well.

I saw it during the race at the end of the back straight, I came up to a yellow flag and he was sideways on the track trying to get going again. He finished 3 laps down to me, 1 lap down to everyone else. After the race I followed the Ford GT in the replay and was very amused! He was off track at least twice every lap, sometimes more! I never saw such a poor race from an AI car before.
There’s a Ford GT in that race? I’ve never seen one. Who’s driving it?

I only struggled with the Alfa Romeo, because they often rammed me out of track or other assassinations by leaving the pit.
Is it just me, or does that seem like the worst possible placement for a pit exit? Seriously, exiting into traffic at the absolute highest speed point of the track?! I’ve gotten rear ended too many times coming out of the pit before I even have time to react!

I have a feeling the Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89, the one Bob Lazar converted to 400 miles Hydrogen powered radar evading cross section is a car that didn't have much success but it did corner amazingly and putting it's power down. Keep's up with much newer cars. This may be a good car for the Sardegna. Another amazing Le Mans car with good speed and amazing cornering is the Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97.

My favourite for the 800 races is the GT300 BRZ. Bone stock. The aero in the corners are unmatched in Gr.3. Makes up so much time at Daytona, Spa and Sardegna. Suzuka is fairly easy with nothing but corners at that circuit. Corners so flat with no oversteer or understeer. Pretty frugal as well. Excellent car.

There’s a Ford GT in that race? I’ve never seen one. Who’s driving it?
The new one, 2018. Driver is A. Wilk.

I don't have any way to record from the PS4, so the "recording" is pointing my phone at the TV. This video is made from clips of the replay of that race. My time in the GR010 was 24:48 or thereabouts, and this video is 5 and a half minutes of the Ford GT out of control and crashing. That's OVER TWENTY PERCENT of the entire race!!! All of these are different events during the replay; some look similar to others, but each one happened in this race.

(The droning noise in the background is my RV air conditioner...)

EDIT: Using my newly-found share-button skills for marking video clips and saving them, I've re-cut this with real clips instead of a phone pointed at the TV.

For some reason, doing it this way it doesn't save the previous skid marks for very long, so in the pointing-the-phone-at-the-screen version, there are times when you see 4 or 5 incidents' worth of skid marks, but that doesn't happen in this video.
52156214636_a785e2d15f_b.jpg

52155198792_786ea470b2_b.jpg

Last edited:

I don't have any way to record from the PS4, so the "recording" is pointing my phone at the TV. This video is made from clips of the replay of that race. My time in the GR010 was 24:48 or thereabouts, and this video is 5 and a half minutes of the Ford GT out of control and crashing. That's OVER TWENTY PERCENT of the entire race!!!Will. All of these are different events during the replay; some look similar to others, but each one happened in this race.

Ah yes, Wilk. That’s nuts!!! I can’t believe I haven’t seen these shenanigans!

I don't have any way to record from the PS4, so the "recording" is pointing my phone at the TV. This video is made from clips of the replay of that race. My time in the GR010 was 24:48 or thereabouts, and this video is 5 and a half minutes of the Ford GT out of control and crashing. That's OVER TWENTY PERCENT of the entire race!!!Will. All of these are different events during the replay; some look similar to others, but each one happened in this race.

OMG the one at 1:00 in the video is so dumb.

In to the gravel traps. Gets out. Straight into the barrier 🤣

Hi,

Happens ....

I started today With a short visit at suzuka. Setup als works there, butbyou Need a Bit of luck for the weather - might Rain reasonable.

BR K

Had another run in the RX-VISION. Started with some terrible laps, including one like the Ford GT above, and finally found my form on lap 7! Best lap until then was 1:44.2, but after pitting end of lap 8 I put in consistent 1:41's. Resigned to 3rd on lap 14, in some stroke of miraculous luck, the two lead cars (Viper and AMG) jumped into the pit, leaving me with nothing but clear space and 1.2 laps of fuel to use. Very unexpected win!

Even though the RX-VISION has the highest PP rating of all my Gr.3 cars at the moment, it's not actually my fastest...

Had another run in the RX-VISION. Started with some terrible laps, including one like the Ford GT above, and finally found my form on lap 7! Best lap until then was 1:44.2, but after pitting end of lap 8 I put in consistent 1:41's. Resigned to 3rd on lap 14, in some stroke of miraculous luck, the two lead cars (Viper and AMG) jumped into the pit, leaving me with nothing but clear space and 1.2 laps of fuel to use. Very unexpected win!

Even though the RX-VISION has the highest PP rating of all my Gr.3 cars at the moment, it's not actually my fastest...
I may have missed this earlier, but are your lap times slower because you’re trying to no-stop these races? It’s not a criticism of your abilities, I’m just curious.

After doing Sardegna so many times I improved from average lap times of 1:40 on a two-stop strategy to average 1:37 times, dipping down to 1:35 once in a blue moon. I tried a one-stop strategy and realized I was losing more time with fuel mapping that I went back to all-out two-stops again.

I may have missed this earlier, but are your lap times slower because you’re trying to no-stop these races? It’s not a criticism of your abilities, I’m just curious.

After doing Sardegna so many times I improved from average lap times of 1:40 on a two-stop strategy to average 1:37 times, dipping down to 1:35 once in a blue moon. I tried a one-stop strategy and realized I was losing more time with fuel mapping that I went back to all-out two-stops again.
Yeah I'm on FM6 and short shifting, single stop on RH. I tried 2-stop races but kept missing out on the win. If I can get my consistency improved I'll try 2-stop again, but at the moment this strat works for me.

I had one attempt in the RX-VISION where I ran 2-stop including a short stint on RS tyres and managed a 1:38, but still up 2nd because my laps weren't consistent and I made too many mistakes.

My biggest issue is the tight left at the end of the back straight and running into cars at the top of the hill where they seem to brake harder than anywhere else on the track for some reason...

Last edited:
Hi,

I bought the CLK LM 98 today and Just have IT a try.

It Handkes marvolous Well - all parts where I Fight With the GR010 - are With a dann good Feeling. But IT IS either slow or a Gas Guzzler :D

BR K.

Yeah I'm on FM6 and short shifting, single stop on RH. I tried 2-stop races but kept missing out on the win. If I can get my consistency improved I'll try 2-stop again, but at the moment this strat works for me.

I had one attempt in the RX-VISION where I ran 2-stop including a short stint on RS tyres and managed a 1:38, but still up 2nd because my laps weren't consistent and I made too many mistakes.

My biggest issue is the tight left at the end of the back straight and running into cars at the top of the hill where they seem to brake harder than anywhere else on the track for some reason...
Consider using RH tires and using the PP differential to increase your power mods. I can barely make 5 laps on RM, so I have just completely gone to RH for all my strategies. It allows me more power, and in some cases I can just skip changing them in the pit and saving 5 seconds there. Even though I get frustrated with the content of the game (or lack thereof), I do enjoy learning about these little strategy tweaks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I bought the CLK LM 98 today and Just have IT a try.

It Handkes marvolous Well - all parts where I Fight With the GR010 - are With a dann good Feeling. But IT IS either slow or a Gas Guzzler :D

BR K.
I find the GR010 pretty terrible to drive personally. It's fast and fuel efficient but does it with zero personality haha.

The PS4 records everything it plays.

Did not know video clips were available on the share button! Thanks.

I find the GR010 pretty terrible to drive personally. It's fast and fuel efficient but does it with zero personality haha.
I enjoy it a great deal. It's not quite flat in the kink onto the pit straight like the R92CP is, and it actually doesn't have the top speed of the R92CP, but it's 3 or 4 seconds a lap faster for me. In the Nissan, I feel really good if I break 1:40, and in the Toyota I am regularly in the 1:37s, with fast laps in the 1:34s. Even my out lap from the pit is under 1:40!

Last edited:
Hi,

What Makes a Car having a great personality for you? Except probably ideological concerns?

E.g. does the mid 80s Renault 21 personality?

BR K

Well, everybody is different, for example GR010 drives like it's on rails, it's bland and boring, you just start the race, make some easy turns, shortshift and finish the race, earn the money and that's it. Some people like to drive more exciting cars, be it with better handling, more oversteer, better sound, pointier front end etc.

I have both "categories" in my garage, sometimes i just feel like i need a relaxed drive to the finish line, then it's ok for me to grind 2-3 races on Sardegna with the GR010, and sometimes I like the challenge of LeMans or Spa 1h, where i need to keep attention on weather radar, wrestle with some Viper Gr3 for example, on slippery and drying track, and have some fun.

Hi,

What Makes a Car having a great personality for you? Except probably ideological concerns?

E.g. does the mid 80s Renault 21 personality?

BR K
Example of a car with zero personality: Nissan Leaf.

Example of a car with bucket loads of personality: Mad Mike's MADBUL drift car.

Hi,

The GR010 is Just a Kind of Tool to me. It has its Potentials and its drawbacks. That's IT for me.

Honestly ;) I am Not at all into Gr3 and those - i am an old Rallye Guy :D

Example of a car with zero personality: Nissan Leaf.

Example of a car with bucket loads of personality: Mad Mike's MADBUL drift car.
Hi,

Drifting isn't my Style.

I know about someone who hast transfered the 160 kW Leaf Essential Info a Toyota MR2 W20 - He Claims it is great. The Leaf isn't Designer to be spectacular and exiciting ;)

BR K.

Hi,

So - First time sardegna faster than 25 Minutes ... Just a Bit ... But IT IS a beginning.

But nie consider the todays 5 years old Guy - expecting all great stuff With His grandpa in this Car. And then Go 15 years to the Future ;)

This is how Fiat 500 and VW Bugs became exiciting Cars, when they are old.

BR K.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_154914.jpg
    IMG_20220617_154914.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 29
Back