best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
Welcome to the Club! :)
If I get on later, I'll post some times and setups. The Nissan 92c was a very different drive but still quick. Getting the gearing right is key on that one I think. The 787B is a monster. I love the Porsche 962 but it's not the quickest (still setup tweaks to do though).

All run the low front DF high rear DF. Ride heights are higher than standard.

The GR010 I find better running higher power on ECU (79) and a touch of ballast (about 7kg). This was modded from the Mistah tune. Standard gearbox.

I'm enjoying testing the others.

The GR050 and the Porsche 919 are useless for this as the hybrid is too short and powerful to keep the lap times quick.

GR010 and 787B are the fastest for me so far.

I found out, u only have to max rear height to the max level of front height for max pp. If ur rear is higher then front, ur pp will gain a bit.

Thx for the idea to fit the LM55 vgt for WTC800 @spacer00ster!

Wow, what a pleasure to drive! Impossible to spin, even with TCS off. No over-/understeer, alltime full throttle. U can drive with a beer in ur hands and if ur hungry, yeah, then eat something with ur other hand and drive with ur knees. U will still win. ;)

Made a 1:33:5xx fastest lap and there should be more then 2 sec to gain for better drivers. Only issue is the fuel consumption, 2 pitstops required. Tires lasts the whole race.

Have fun trying.
These settings gave me my fastest lap of 1:34.2 but I think the car consumes more gas because the gears are a little bit closer which in turn makes the car rev higher more consistently. I'm using the controller with AT so I really noticed the fuel consumption. My race times have increased slightly due to using FM6 much more.

Leveling the car at 80/80 front/rear ride height mostly fixed the craziness of that car for me. There are clearly other ways to improve it but leveling front and rear fixes 80% of the issue it seems
Dude! the car is a lot more stable now, thanks!

These settings gave me my fastest lap of 1:34.2 but I think the car consumes more gas because the gears are a little bit closer which in turn makes the car rev higher more consistently. I'm using the controller with AT so I really noticed the fuel consumption. My race times have increased slightly due to using FM6 much more.
Yes, the fuel consumption is a problem of the LM55. But also the powerdrop while using fm6 compared to fm1. With fm1 I had 1:34 as fastest lap this morning, with fm6 it was 1:37:7xx. I drove 9 laps with fm6, which is a difference of over 30 sec compared to fm1. A pitstop for only fuel needs roundabout 30 secs, so I go for two stops and have fun trying to set new laptime records with fm1 only. :)

If I get on later, I'll post some times and setups. The Nissan 92c was a very different drive but still quick. Getting the gearing right is key on that one I think. The 787B is a monster. I love the Porsche 962 but it's not the quickest (still setup tweaks to do though).

All run the low front DF high rear DF. Ride heights are higher than standard.

The GR010 I find better running higher power on ECU (79) and a touch of ballast (about 7kg). This was modded from the Mistah tune. Standard gearbox.

I'm enjoying testing the others.

The GR050 and the Porsche 919 are useless for this as the hybrid is too short and powerful to keep the lap times quick.

GR010 and 787B are the fastest for me so far.
the 962 is well balanced IMO. It's just feel so great to drive.

The 787b is powerful but also consume less fuel which is great.

Wich Track?

Any track really, but most probably Tokyo in under -20mins. I am also testing out Gr.1 cars to see if any of them can get close to the Tomahawk. Looking for a magic -20mins setup, +15mins total completion. Aiming for 3 races an hour.

Last edited:
Any track really, but most probably Tokyo in under -20mins. I am also testing out Gr.1 cars to see if any of them can get close to the Tomahawk. Looking for a magic -20mins setup, +15mins total completion. Aiming for 3 races an hour.
Was Tokyo 600 or 700pp? Never done it, I don’t like Tokyo Track.
I don’t think there is something close to the Tomahawk Exploit.

Join the Sardegna Club! :) Take Gr. 1 Cars, tune them and rape Portilla ;)

With GR010 and 787b are times under 24 Min possible, we are searching for more. :)

Yesterday I Changed my GR010 Setup in the diff - from 5/5 5/40 to 7/7 5/38. The Car became Generally more stable - but IT also Starts to understeer Like Mad, when Charge ist mostly gone. With this I was about 4-5 Seconds slower as before - hardly being able to Go to 35.

But I did some Experiments With fuel mapping - result - i can Go 8 laps With FM2/FM1, refuel once and Go for the Rest.

Think I Need to Check some different setups as I don't Like the way or Drives at the Moment. And I want at least to be at <34s With the GR010 ....

I think I loose Most time in the Long left Turn where you Need to teailbreak into and in the third Last and Seconds last Turns.

BR K.

Yesterday I Changed my GR010 Setup in the diff - from 5/5 5/40 to 7/7 5/38. The Car became Generally more stable - but IT also Starts to understeer Like Mad, when Charge ist mostly gone. With this I was about 4-5 Seconds slower as before - hardly being able to Go to 35.

But I did some Experiments With fuel mapping - result - i can Go 8 laps With FM2/FM1, refuel once and Go for the Rest.

Think I Need to Check some different setups as I don't Like the way or Drives at the Moment. And I want at least to be at <34s With the GR010 ....

I think I loose Most time in the Long left Turn where you Need to teailbreak into and in the third Last and Seconds last Turns.

BR K.
Max u post/screenshot ur setting plz?

I'm afraid I don't have an amazing smoking gun all singing all dancing setup or time YET. I'm just trying to test every VGT, GR.1 car that will enter under regulations and PP that is not the Tomahawk.

My laps on Sardegna haven't been as fast as everyone else. All I have tried is the X2019 competition first of all which i posted a tune for a page or so back. I managed to get the PP to 799 for Sadegna.

My laps times were not amazing somewhere between 1:35 - 1:40. BUT I was able to go for 5 laps on FM1 still needing 2 stops. TCS on 1 or 2.

My aim is still to find a VGT that could get close to the Tomahawk 16min times on FM6, no tyre change or refuel. As I believe Sardegna has 15 laps, Tokyo 12.

If Tokyo was harder in rain with collisions and was doable in 16 mins. I believe Sardegna has quicker lap times with the CRB. It should be possible to do Sardegna in around 20mins with a VGT.

Not gonna be 16mins, but it's enough to do 3 races an hour. We are looking for that perfect car and perfect setup. Granted, I have only just joined you guys and just started my journey to find the quickest money method.

Last edited:
Maybe, there is a 23 Min time possible, but I don’t think there is more to get. Since PD patched the exploits. Maybe, if they patch a new bug. Actually, ~23:30 is the fastest time on Sardegna and that is very good for only 800pp.

Faster is only the Helicopter on Sardegna, if you can hack it. ;)

Maybe, there is a 23 Min time possible, but I don’t think there is more to get. Since PD patched the exploits. Maybe, if they patch a new bug. Actually, ~23:30 is the fastest time on Sardegna and that is very good for only 800pp.

Faster is only the Helicopter on Sardegna, if you can hack it. ;)

I agree. Low 20's is probably going to be the best we can do without having anything less than a bug glitch.

I have been tuning the VGT GR.1 today. Getting it close to 800PP. Will try it and test it soon.

EDIT: UPDATE

The best I could do today with constantly tweaking the GR.2 VGT 1:36:1XX lap time and 25:39 in total. One stop strategy. One pitstop the whole race to refill fuel only, with FM6. Tyres last all 15 laps.

Last edited:
Sardegnia 15 laps: Tune either the McLaren F1 race car, Sauber Mercedes, Bugatti VGT or Gr 2 Nismo to 700PP, hard tires and play around between fuel 5 exiting corners and 6 once you're up to speed.

No stop, easy win every time. I play on hard settings with all assists off except ABS using a controller. You'll nail it 🙂

Last edited:
I am a fan of not using exploits /down tuning cars from GR2/GR1 categories, it makes things more challenging.
Haven't found a better car than the BRZ so far. But I would love to find another GR3 car that gives out such pace and grip.

The CLK GTR is actually one of the nicest to drive around Sardenga. Really good top speed and corners well but needs 2 stops. I just did a high 25 min with it.

I am a fan of not using exploits /down tuning cars from GR2/GR1 categories, it makes things more challenging.
Haven't found a better car than the BRZ so far. But I would love to find another GR3 car that gives out such pace and grip.
I love the BRZ on Sardegna! The DBR-9 is as good too! But for the DBR-9 I use another setup, not praianos. Forgot the name of the guy, I think it was from yt!?
The hardest challenge so far with GR.3 Cars was the 4C.

Edit: Just did a race with the DBR-9. with fm6 I had an 1:39 and on fm1 a 1:36 fastest lap. Now I will try praianos settings to compare.

Edit2: With praianos setting I had a 1:39:2 on fm6 and a 1:37 in fm1. The issue is, praianos setting has a lot of compromises to fit the 730pp. But u won’t need for Sardegna 800. Maybe I try to tweak the settings or put them together sometime.

The Settings below are from a guy from yt, not mine. Notice, I use TCS1 for this, otherwise u will only do donuts. ;)

Attachments

• C346246A-3165-45BE-9685-7DC13AA1BEE0.jpeg
    C346246A-3165-45BE-9685-7DC13AA1BEE0.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1845A07D-93A9-4A8A-AF83-81E79FD6586A.jpeg
    1845A07D-93A9-4A8A-AF83-81E79FD6586A.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20680563-A614-4D3C-99BB-39B096F019EB.jpeg
    20680563-A614-4D3C-99BB-39B096F019EB.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm just trying to test every VGT, GR.1 car that will enter under regulations and PP that is not the Tomahawk
The fastest cars I've tried are:
Toyota GR010 Gr.1
Mazda 787B Gr.1
NSX GT500 '08 Gr.2
(well known that these are fast, just stating for completeness)

A fair bit slower:
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Gr.2

A fair bit slower still:
NSX '16 Gr.2
Tomahawk VGT Gr.1
Alpine VGT Gr.1
McLaren VGT Gr.1
Lambo VGT
Peugeot VGT
Audi R18 Gr.1
Hyundai VGT Gr.1
Aston Martin VGT (well below 800 PP)
It might be possible to bring these cars closer to the best cars than I managed, but I'd be surprised if you could get them anywhere near the top three, so I'd focus on other cars than these.

Last edited:
The fastest cars I've tried are:
Toyota GR010 Gr.1
Mazda 787B Gr.1
NSX GT500 '08 Gr.2
(well known that these are fast, just stating for completeness)

A fair bit slower:
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Gr.2

A fair bit slower still:
NSX '16 Gr.2
Tomahawk VGT Gr.1
Alpine VGT Gr.1
McLaren VGT Gr.1
Lambo VGT
Peugeot VGT
Audi R18 Gr.1
Hyundai VGT Gr.1
Aston Martin VGT (well below 800 PP)
It might be possible to bring these cars closer to the best cars than I managed, but I'd be surprised if you could get them anywhere near the top three, so I'd focus on other cars than these.
Maybe the LM55 Gr.1 can close up to the Top3. But not with me as driver….

I love the BRZ on Sardegna! The DBR-9 is as good too! But for the DBR-9 I use another setup, not praianos. Forgot the name of the guy, I think it was from yt!?
The hardest challenge so far with GR.3 Cars was the 4C.

Edit: Just did a race with the DBR-9. with fm6 I had an 1:39 and on fm1 a 1:36 fastest lap. Now I will try praianos settings to compare.

Edit2: With praianos setting I had a 1:39:2 on fm6 and a 1:37 in fm1. The issue is, praianos setting has a lot of compromises to fit the 730pp. But u won’t need for Sardegna 800. Maybe I try to tweak the settings or put them together sometime.

The Settings below are from a guy from yt, not mine. Notice, I use TCS1 for this, otherwise u will only do donuts. ;)
Thanks for the tune and wow, fastest laps of all my Gr.3 cars so far. Consistent 1:39's laps on fm6 and 1:36's on fm1 (without backmarkers). It's a 2 stopper for me, no tcs.

With GR010 and 787b are times under 24 Min possible, we are searching for more. :)
Your OG 787B tune was the first that got my bad driving under 25 minutes. I need to try to learn the newer GR010 because I'm still faster in your updated 787B tune (and still experimenting with that one on if I can do faster laps reducing power with the computer or with the restrictor).

Tried Koyaga's GR010. Excellent. Fastest lap 1:33.029 and total time 24:08. You have to stop once but the car seems to be AWD so the tire wear doesn't make it dangerous to drive.

It has no top end but it's more than enough to beat the AI which is probably running stock builds rated around 730.

Hi,

I deleted this Setup already :) but I can Post my current Setup either today or tomorrow.

With the new Setup - i can go very stable at Low 37s, sometimes 36s. And of i Go in FM6 even a complete Race without Pitting (but 40s are very Boring :D ). Best lap was a Low 33.

Thanks for the tune and wow, fastest laps of all my Gr.3 cars so far. Consistent 1:39's laps on fm6 and 1:36's on fm1 (without backmarkers). It's a 2 stopper for me, no tcs.
Did u try the BRZ? It has a little better fuel consumption, little faster and easier to drive. Had an 1:35:2xx today morning fastest lap. Even on FuelMap 6 are 1:37 times. Should be a setting from praiano (with some tweaks to 800pp), but I can post it later if u need.

I also really like the Jaguar XJR-9. Really easy to drive, but certainly slower that the GR010 and 787B.

I tried the different setups that have been shared here for the Toyota GR010... Mostly I've found that having to focus on accurate shifting AND trail braking is just too much effort. Makes every race very demanding technically. I'm just not a good enough driver to reach its potential. Playing with the controller, I have to use TC1. The best I've done is 24:50 or so with 1 stop, with a variant of Koyoga's setup. Generally, I've been getting 25:05 to 25:30 with it.

So, I went back to the 787B. It's so much easier to drive and hit consistent lap times... I often have 2-3 laps low to mid 1:34s, a lot of 1:35 and 1:36 laps. 24:40 best time. And with the 787B you can play around with the race strategy quite a bit. It's just more fun to us the 787B.

I very much appreciate all the info that has been shared in this thread! It just sucks so much that they didn't incorporate settings sharing in the game. It's such a pain in the ass to get info online, set it up in the game. Still, thanks to everyone participating here! I'm sure a lot of people are reading and using your setups!

Hey all, I've just started racing the WTC800 races and I've tried to use the Genesis X and the RX-Vision at Sardegna, both of them maxed in terms of PP (but still far from 800PP). I've managed a win in the RX-Vision after initially messing up the pit strat and nearly running out of fuel with a lap to go, but struggled for three races in the X managing second at best. I've now got my head around the pit strat and the intricacies of the lap to get consistent lap times, so I'm going to have another go or two with the X to see if I can eek a win out of it.

Really enjoying this race, but wondering which Gr.3 cars are viable winners at this race? I know the BRZ is capable - I have it, I just have yet to use it for this race - but are there many other Gr.3 cars which easily win this one? Are there any which simply cannot (or at least are an absolute mission unless you're a rock star) win this one?? I'm not wanting to down-tune a Gr.2 or Gr.1 for this...

On another note - how are you guys managing a no-stop on this race?! Best I've managed is 10 laps in the RX-Vision on FM = 6 and short shifting at about 10% redline. No idea how anyone can stretch this out to full race length!!

Last edited:
Well, my top 3 for Sardegna are, GE010, LM55 and 787B. These are the standouts so far.

I have had sub 25min runs in all the group C GR1 cars (962, C9, 92C and 787B) running higher ride heights and low/high downforce with standard gearboxes and slight diff and suspension changes.

The 2016 GT500 Nismo GTR runs Sardegna easy on 1 stop with low 1.36 laptimes (I may have dipped into 1.35's but I'll need to check).

CLK LM feels great but I did have to run on FM2 to be able to 1 stop.

I'm not sure much else can compete with the "big 3" but still have cars and tuning tweaks to try.

I also really like the Jaguar XJR-9. Really easy to drive, but certainly slower that the GR010 and 787B.

I tried the different setups that have been shared here for the Toyota GR010... Mostly I've found that having to focus on accurate shifting AND trail braking is just too much effort. Makes every race very demanding technically. I'm just not a good enough driver to reach its potential. Playing with the controller, I have to use TC1. The best I've done is 24:50 or so with 1 stop, with a variant of Koyoga's setup. Generally, I've been getting 25:05 to 25:30 with it.

So, I went back to the 787B. It's so much easier to drive and hit consistent lap times... I often have 2-3 laps low to mid 1:34s, a lot of 1:35 and 1:36 laps. 24:40 best time. And with the 787B you can play around with the race strategy quite a bit. It's just more fun to us the 787B.

I very much appreciate all the info that has been shared in this thread! It just sucks so much that they didn't incorporate settings sharing in the game. It's such a pain in the ass to get info online, set it up in the game. Still, thanks to everyone participating here! I'm sure a lot of people are reading and using your setups!
I drive the GR010 with automatic transmission and fm 1. It’s a onestop. Driving Style is nearly the same as the 787b.

Back