Best Album of 2005 poll!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 79 comments
  • 3,432 views

What do you think the best album is?

  • Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beck - Guero

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Dredg - Catch Without Arms

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • System of a down - Mezmerize

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Coldplay - X&Y

    Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audioslave - Out of Exile

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mudvayne - Lost And Found

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Weezer - Make Believe

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Alkaline Trio - Crimson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oasis - Don't Belive The truth

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The Perceptionists - Black Dialogue

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Be Lo - SONOGRAM

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cage - Hell's Winter

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dream Theater - Octavarium

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Bravery - The Bravery

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Haste the Day - When Everything Falls

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Fi- Stars of CCTV

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Dre - 2005

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Game - The Documentary

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Foo Fighters - In Your Honour

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sigur Ros-Takk

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Transplants- Haunted Cities

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NIN - With Teeth

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Opeth - Ghost of Reveries

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Raul Midon - State of Mind

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flipsyde - We The People

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trivium - Ascendancy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spoon - Gimmie Fiction

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mae - The Everglow

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Athlete-Tourist

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • New Order-Waiting for the Siren's Call

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • My Morning Jacket - Z

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Common - Be

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aesop Rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire & Knives

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MC Frontalot - Nerdcore Rising

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Seether - Karma and Effect

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • minus the bear - menos el oso

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oceansize - everyone into position

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • coheed and cambria - good apollo, im burning star Volume 4, Volume 1 From Fear Through The Eyes Of M

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edan - Beauty and the Beat

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Tranquillity - Character

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cold - A Different Kind Of Pain

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 cent - the massacre

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R.Kelly-TP3 reloaded

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mariah Carey- The emancipation of mimi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kano - Home sweet home

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciara - Goodies

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Funeral For a Friend - The Hours

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Thrice - Vheissu

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Machine Translations Wolf On A String

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • KT Tunstall - Eye to the telescope

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rammstein - Rosenrot

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy Eat World - Stay On My Side Tonight

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straylight Run - Prepare To Be Wrong

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef the Lost Cause - Feast or Famine!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pennywise - The Fuse

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • System Of A Down - Hypnotize

    Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Strapping Young Lad - Alien

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

    Votes: 1 1.2%

  • Total voters
    84
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
4,312
Okay, this is poll one of three.. I will take this poll, take the top 30 albums nominated, and take the results to another poll, which will trim them down to 5. and the final poll will be between the top 5 albums that you voted for. I would like to thank you guys for the smooth process this year, and I hope the polls will go well. I enjoy doing stuff like this. :)

OK. Get on it. you have about 2 Weeks

And you again have 1 vote

Have fun.
 
Nice work on the poll, this should be interesting.



I hope Fall Out Boy doesn't win, they're awful.
 
Lots of good ones - audioslave, dream theater, mars volta, foo fighters... but in the end, the new Dredg album holds a special place for me. No other band has put out something of the quality of this album in years.
 
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama gets my vote. Great release. 👍

I was torn between that and Opeth - Ghost Reveries though.
 
I like SOAD Mezmerize as its the only one I heard more than one song.
 
emad
Lots of good ones - audioslave, dream theater, mars volta, foo fighters... but in the end, the new Dredg album holds a special place for me. No other band has put out something of the quality of this album in years.
I, too, voted for Dredg. It was a tie between Dream Theater and Dredg for me, but I have a friend from school whom I introduced Dredg and Dream Theatre to, and he Loved Dredg, so this vote was from him and me :)
 
Seether got my vote, I really like those guys.
 
Driftster
this music is all garbage...omg...

You wrote that like it's a fact. It's your opinion, not a fact. :rolleyes:

I voted for dredg. So awesome.
 
Voted Soilwork 👍
 
Better have a look at some Dredg - never heard of them before.

In the meantime, I voted SOAD, because it's one of the few albums I've actually heard from that list.
 
I picked Frances The Mute, it's head and shoulders above the rest as far as I'm concerned.
 
I voted Bloc Party - Silent Alarm.

I haven't heard much of the others, and Foo Fighters IYH was just :yuck:
 
I chose Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil, as it's my favorite album out of the list that I've really listened to. It's actually on the only Avenged Sevenfold album that I really like (actual singing!)
 
Zrow
I chose Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil, as it's my favorite album out of the list that I've really listened to. It's actually on the only Avenged Sevenfold album that I really like (actual singing!)

Waking the Fallen has some melodic parts too. They're really good.

Like the final track on the album "And All Things Will End". 👍

Also nice work on this poll Silverzone.
 
Most of this music is unavailable in my country... And oh well, I would vote for Fort Minor - The Rising Tied (don't bash me for that, lol), dunno why, just liked it. But it's not on the list, so well, whatever, my vote goes for The Gorillaz
 
wing_0
Most of this music is unavailable in my country... And oh well, I would vote for Fort Minor - The Rising Tied (don't bash me for that, lol), dunno why, just liked it. But it's not on the list, so well, whatever, my vote goes for The Gorillaz
Fort Minor is ok.

Thank you all for the compliments :D
 
I also voted for Dredg - Catch Without Arms 👍
 
Integra Type R
I also voted for Dredg - Catch Without Arms 👍
I was really torn between Dredg and Thrice. But I voted for Thrice.
 
I wanted to vote for Frances the Mute, but it's too disappointing compared to De-Loused In the Commatorium so i just voted for Beck.
 
dammit that list was long, and didnt see what would have been my choice until I already voted on another :indiff:

my vote was cast for coheed and cambria but would have voted for NIN - with teeth.
 
yeah, the list is pretty long. It's just about 80 options.
 
Im not voting.

50 cent and no Green day? whats wrong with you!
 
If it wasn't nominated, then it's not in the list.
 
I swear i nominated it.
 
Yesi checked the thread! i voted for Bullet in a bible by green day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back