Best Album of 2005 poll!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 79 comments
  • 3,432 views

What do you think the best album is?

  • Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beck - Guero

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Dredg - Catch Without Arms

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • System of a down - Mezmerize

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Coldplay - X&Y

    Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audioslave - Out of Exile

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mudvayne - Lost And Found

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Weezer - Make Believe

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Alkaline Trio - Crimson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oasis - Don't Belive The truth

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The Perceptionists - Black Dialogue

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Be Lo - SONOGRAM

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cage - Hell's Winter

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dream Theater - Octavarium

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Bravery - The Bravery

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Haste the Day - When Everything Falls

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Fi- Stars of CCTV

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Dre - 2005

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Game - The Documentary

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Foo Fighters - In Your Honour

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sigur Ros-Takk

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Transplants- Haunted Cities

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NIN - With Teeth

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Opeth - Ghost of Reveries

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Raul Midon - State of Mind

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flipsyde - We The People

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trivium - Ascendancy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spoon - Gimmie Fiction

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mae - The Everglow

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Athlete-Tourist

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • New Order-Waiting for the Siren's Call

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • My Morning Jacket - Z

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

    Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Common - Be

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aesop Rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire & Knives

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MC Frontalot - Nerdcore Rising

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Seether - Karma and Effect

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • minus the bear - menos el oso

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oceansize - everyone into position

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • coheed and cambria - good apollo, im burning star Volume 4, Volume 1 From Fear Through The Eyes Of M

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edan - Beauty and the Beat

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Tranquillity - Character

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cold - A Different Kind Of Pain

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 cent - the massacre

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R.Kelly-TP3 reloaded

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mariah Carey- The emancipation of mimi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kano - Home sweet home

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciara - Goodies

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Funeral For a Friend - The Hours

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Thrice - Vheissu

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Machine Translations Wolf On A String

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • KT Tunstall - Eye to the telescope

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rammstein - Rosenrot

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy Eat World - Stay On My Side Tonight

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straylight Run - Prepare To Be Wrong

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef the Lost Cause - Feast or Famine!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pennywise - The Fuse

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • System Of A Down - Hypnotize

    Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Strapping Young Lad - Alien

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

    Votes: 1 1.2%

  • Total voters
    84
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, this can't be a ONE choice poll.
 
Bullet In A Bible was a re-release along with a live DVD so it doesn't count. At least that's what my understanding for nominations was.
 
Its still an Album though.
 
It's not a new, complete original release. It's just a live dvd packaged with a cd. If you wanted to nominate Green Day, you should have nominted American Idiot.
 
Ashley.
Its still an Album though.
Although it is a good album, It is not an origional project. For it to qualify for album of 2005, It had to be completely new material, which shut out lots of greatest hits albums as well.

Also, American Idiot was released last year. And in fact, It won last year's poll.
 
Silverzone
And in fact, It won last year's poll.

Wow. That's a shame, it was pretty bad.
 
Voted Coldplay :)
 
Giancarlo
Wow. That's a shame, it was pretty bad.

Its not their best, that goes to Nimrod:D but it wasnt bad.

I guess il have to vote Coldplay then:D.
 
Gorillaz. You can laugh! It was a pretty good album, tought, I don't even know most of the bands that were nominated.
 
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm 👍 Great album.
 
went with avenged sevenfold - city of evil, I dont think its as good as waking the fallen but i still believe it to be the best of the year by far (which says something of my liek of waking the fallen). Close seconds were Soilwork - stabbing the Drama & Trivium - Ascendency
 
I went with Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama. Like Shannon, I was torn between that and Opeth - Ghost Reveries.

I can't believe noone nominated Hypocrisy - Virus.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
I went with Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama. Like Shannon, I was torn between that and Opeth - Ghost Reveries.

I can't believe noone nominated Hypocrisy - Virus.

What would you say was the single greatest track from each of those bands?
 
Jimmy Enslashay
I went with Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama. Like Shannon, I was torn between that and Opeth - Ghost Reveries.

I can't believe noone nominated Hypocrisy - Virus.
I can't believe that either! Too bad I completely missed the nomination thread.
 
donbenni
What would you say was the single greatest track from each of those bands?
I don't know whether you mean from every album or just from the albums that were mentioned, so I'll do both.

Soilwork:
Stabbing The Drama: Stabbing The Drama.
Overall: Like The Average Stalker.

Opeth:
Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition or Reverie/Harlequin.
Overall: The Leper Affinity.

Hypocrisy:
Virus: Warpath or Blooddrenched
Overall: Warpath or Blooddrenched.

I still only have the last two Hypocrisy albums, and there wasn't any real standout tracks on The Arrival. Though I didn't mind the album as a whole.
 
Was going to go with Silverzone Thrice - Vehissu is a rad Album But The Funeral Boys will always get my vote. One of my fave albums from Last year and will be for a long time :)
Also Just wondering why Kisschasy "United Paper People" aint up there (Great Album) But clap your hands and what ever is? meh:D
 
Whoa, thats alot of choices and in the end I chose Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil.
 
I can't believe all the people voting for Hypnotize... Mesmerize was worlds better, but hey, it's al opinion.

I saw 4 votes for Opeth, and then I though those 4 were for With Teeth, but the were really for Opeth. I was abour ready to crack some skulls, the new NIN was terrible...
 
Jimmy Enslashay
I don't know whether you mean from every album or just from the albums that were mentioned, so I'll do both.

Soilwork:
Stabbing The Drama: Stabbing The Drama.
Overall: Like The Average Stalker.

Opeth:
Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition or Reverie/Harlequin.
Overall: The Leper Affinity.

Hypocrisy:
Virus: Warpath or Blooddrenched
Overall: Warpath or Blooddrenched.

I still only have the last two Hypocrisy albums, and there wasn't any real standout tracks on The Arrival. Though I didn't mind the album as a whole.

Cheers Jimmy 👍 It was the 'overall' that i was most interested in, like to broaden my horizons :)
 
Err.... Wasn't U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb a 2005 album?
It would get my vote above the others, because I don't listen to most of the ones you listed in the poll and therefore don't know what they're like.
 
Depeche Mode's Playing The Angel. It was a hard choice, I would say my follow up would be NIN's With Teeth.
 
Slicks
Err.... Wasn't U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb a 2005 album?
It would get my vote above the others, because I don't listen to most of the ones you listed in the poll and therefore don't know what they're like.
If it was, no one nominated it.
 
Slicks
Err.... Wasn't U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb a 2005 album?
It would get my vote above the others, because I don't listen to most of the ones you listed in the poll and therefore don't know what they're like.
That is the worst album I have ever heard in my entire life. :)
 
Event
That is the worst album I have ever heard in my entire life. :)



To be fair, Kevin Federline or however you spell his name's album was much worse. I think my IQ went down by at least 5 after listening to the first few seconds of one song on a radio station...:nervous:
 
Going by the list it has to be Coldplay, but HTDAAB would've got my vote if it was on the list, but then again it was a 2004 release anyway.
 
...how the Hell did Coldplay get like 10 more votes in a manner of a few days?? That seems a little fishy...
 
I noticed that this morning too. Either a bunch of Coldplay fans came out of the woodwork, or something is going on.

Is there any way to check if the votes are legit?
 
Octavarium. 👍

And I didn't know there was this Green Day DVD+CD, thanks for the info.
 
System of a down - Hypnotize for me. Mesmerize was close and avenged seven fold too, and what's going on with coldplay getting 13 votes :odd:. I hate their music and our english teacher always makes us listen to it so we can become "better" in english. :yuck:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back